[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello:I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.The company was very responsive,In fact I dealt with the owner of Grizzly Twins via email.I wired the money from my bank to their bank.The fee for wiring the money was $40.00US dollars.The day they received my money in their bank account,the detector was sent out the next day.Of course I'll be honest,since there are so many scams in the world it was always in the back of my mind would they take the money and run and I wasn't about to fly to Bulgaria for my money back.But everything went smoothly without any problems.The packing was more than enough.Lots of styrofoam and sturdy box,no problem.I believe the guarantee was for 5 years,I have to find the paperwork again.As far as the build quality,built very well.Definitely not cheaply made.As far as performance in clay subsoil,I really can't comment on that yet because I'm not sure if I've encountered it yet.Don't forget,the Grizzly Twins is two detectors in one.It has IB(inductive balance) and PI in one unit.You flip a switch left for IB and right for PI.I live in New Jersey and have been trying to find a place with a sheer cliff so I can test the depth of the PI.I'm not going to dig a hole 6ft and place a metal container in it and then cover it up.The PI on the unit is for deep targets.The large search coil is suppose to go 3ft for a small cache and the 3ftX3ft frame is for large buried objects and is suppose to go over 9ft.I can't confirm that yet.I have used the the large search coil and have gotten hits,every time I begin to dig I only get down to about 10inches and then I can't dig any more because the ground is like concrete.Very frustrating because I don't know what I hit.There is no discrimination with the PI,but I already knew that before I bought it.The PI on the unit does not pick up small objects like coins or rings,only the IB with a different coil picks up rings,coins,pull tabs and things like that.I did a rough test with the 3ftX3ft frame.I placed a snow shovel over the frame and it did pick it up at 5ft.Still have to do more testing.I live  just a few minutes from the Atlantic Ocean,but this year we've had unusually high winds.Every time I go to the beach I have to leave because the wind is so high.Sand blowing every where.Within the next two weeks the weather is suppose to really warm up so I'll be giving it a thorough testing.The IB on the unit is really something.If something is in the ground,you'll get a hit.Only problem is the two places I've gone to test the IB,the soil is like concrete.The tip of my shovel stops at 3inches and can't dig any more.I have to find better places.You mentioned something about PI with discrimination.I think I found a company in Bulgaria that may have solved that dilemma.I've done a lot of research on Bulgarian metal detectors.I came across a company on Alibaba.com website from Bulgaria that was selling a PI unit at a great price.I contacted the company to buy their PI detector but they were all sold out.So I asked when they would be getting more units.The owner told me that they have a new PI unit coming this late Spring.However he sent me a windows player file showing me his new unit being tested.What shocked me was that it was a PI unit with discrimination.On the display of the unit it had iron,aluminum,copper,silver,and gold.When he placed each metal over the coil,the display showed the type of metal.Whether he was faking it,I don't know.Honestly I really don't think he was.The name of the company was IGK.com metal detectors in Bulgaria.I'm going to contact him again in May to see if his new PI units are ready yet.If they are,I'm buying one.I'll take a chance again.So if you want to hold tight until I get it,I'll let you know.If it's junk or a scam I'll let you know that part as well.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19143.msg220059.html#msg220059

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Frank, thank you so much for your detailed response! I'm glad you had a smooth buying experience. Smiley I've done a fair bit of looking into Bulgarian detectors from over a year ago,  and spent some time with a borrowed Deepers PI...it was ok...but got jumpy around clay-rich areas, and am not even thinking of Minelab's top model. Bulgarian machines seem good bang for the buck.

And now you got me a bit excited.....if IGK is coming out with a PI that can truly discriminate, it would be fantastic! If I recall correctly, I had asked in this forum last year around feb or march about their machines, but didn't get much in the way of user responses. Right....I'm gonna put off all buying decisions till I read your review on that new discriminating unit in May. I ran a search for IGK in alibaba with East Europe & CIS as part of the parameters but they don't seem to be listed. Only Deeptech and Vivax Group came up in the results. Their website (

Please Register or Login

www.igkelectronics.com
) seems about the same from over a year ago. Maybe I've been searching wrongly, but please be wary of some sellers. There have been cases of unscrupulous people adopting the identity of unknowing companies, or defunct ones in order to scam. Perhaps on your next purchase you could avail of an escrow service like escrow.com which is owned by ebay, or even alibaba's own escrow service.

May the ground thaw soon and may you hit plenty of targets!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19143.msg220076.html#msg220076

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

After I gave you my review to you I sent an email to IGK and they got back to me within an hour.I asked if that new PI detector was available yet and they said not yet.You are right about the website I noticed also that it didn't change and they were all sold out of detectors same as before.I'll keep you informed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19143.msg220078.html#msg220078

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: