[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MudflapTopic starter
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.12
Mac OS X 10.12
Firefox 52.0
Firefox 52.0

Awards
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Finally got ready to start on the Bara and remembered the backlight is out on my Scopemeter. I had bought a new electroluminescent  panel as i know they have a history of not lasting. Ripped it all apart and did a quick look see at the HV oscillator and all looked ok so assumed the panel was bad. Changed the panel.... Quite the job as there is a zillion z-strip points on the LCD. Gotter her in and the LCD was fubar from misaligned z strips. Did it all over again and the LCD now worked but the back light was still really weak. Violent    Well off to Mouser for some surface mounted electrolytics. Then after the fact connected the panel on 120AC and it lit up like a flood light!  I'm not putting it back in..........     

As far as the Baracudda project....... slowly the gears turn.   Maybe will catch up to Homefire in another month or so...

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65218.msg318354.html#msg318354

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 52.0
Firefox 52.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:49:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did 555 give you a populated PCB ?  Mine got put on the back  burner.  Board is Working just need a enclosure and Decent Coil.   I fired it up using a Original Surf PI coil.  Boy was I not Impressed.    Coil would't let me go below 20uS on delay.  LOL  SOOOOOO   You have time to catch me up.  Too many irons on the fire to play with it right now. 

HF

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65218.msg318355.html#msg318355

Offline MudflapTopic starter
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.12
Mac OS X 10.12
Firefox 52.0
Firefox 52.0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 06:13:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
  Did 555 give you a populated PCB ?  Mine got put on the back  burner.  Board is Working just need a enclosure and Decent Coil.   I fired it up using a Original Surf PI coil.  Boy was I not Impressed.    Coil would't let me go below 20uS on delay.  LOL  SOOOOOO   You have time to catch me up.  Too many irons on the fire to play with it right now. 

HF

He was going to send a populated board but the original bare board showed up so I'm good. Just have to get moving. 20uS Yikes,  too long. I have some coil forms in a box somewhere in my crawlspace. Have to go on a search mission....

Busy here also. Between the red tide, rip tides and biking didn't get too much time on the cz21. One neat silver ring and a zillion bottle caps. Back in cold New England.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65218.msg318386.html#msg318386

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: