[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Elektor #79 1981 VLF MD; Delta Pulse 2 (Elbombaci).
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 08:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Mikiale

ClonePI is not based upon Delta Pulse. We are interested in Delta Pulse 2 improved design, as the ClonePI series has not compared at all with Delta Pulse, even with first version Delta Pulse. Many reports in various fora here exist reporting the unstable operation of ClonePI, especially the digital version.
Digital Version of Delta Pulse seems more promising, especially for small gold objects.
Hope we can complete this project successfully.
It would be a marvelous Christmas present for all of us.

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg201502.html#msg201502

Offline ramTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 05:27:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i'm starting now to construct the pim2 proto. if it will function properly and stable, maybe mods will follow.

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg201583.html#msg201583

Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi ram
         Well,,,,,let's try to work Because the project is complete and beautiful and then study software do reverse engineering to find out the sequence of steps in the program and I try to use software to convert the hex file to the Tree View program.
   - - noting - -

1-that part of the eeprom hex file to store  the number of times the on/ off  to 500 times must be re-programming , and store the settings or the last case in it.
 2-i noting the sound & tone is good.
 3- no discr
 4-Atmega8 = 556, 2x4538,555
 5-connections Direct (1~16 to 1~16) to LCD Model no: AA16206 only or similar.And not  matching the  other in the (1~16).

best time
j.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg201704.html#msg201704

Offline ramTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 05:52:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by japanese
Hi ram
         Well,,,,,let's try to work Because the project is complete and beautiful and then study software do reverse engineering to find out the sequence of steps in the program and I try to use software to convert the hex file to the Tree View program.
   - - noting - -

1-that part of the eeprom hex file to store  the number of times the on/ off  to 500 times must be re-programming , and store the settings or the last case in it.
 2-i noting the sound & tone is good.
 3- no discr
 4-Atmega8 = 556, 2x4538,555
 5-connections Direct (1~16 to 1~16) to LCD Model no: AA16206 only or similar.And not  matching the  other in the (1~16).

best time
j.

hello japanese and good day,

maybe the best modification for this circuit is to put data logger circuit for sd,mmc,usb,etc to be viewed on pc. also freedan3d is starting to modify the on off time of the hex, we have to wait him to post the outcome of his modification.

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg201980.html#msg201980

Offline NIKOLASSS
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Serbia and Montenegro

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

vlf
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

What programmer should be used for programming the chip, if you can set the schematic here on the forum that you can make at home. Some simple scheme, as well as the process of entering input files into the microchip that file must first enter the hex or drugi.I want to know whether this is a demo version which include some 500 valid
 the device. What program should be used for programming.Thanks in advance Waveing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg202681.html#msg202681

Offline ramTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by NIKOLASSS
What programmer should be used for programming the chip, if you can set the schematic here on the forum that you can make at home. Some simple scheme, as well as the process of entering input files into the microchip that file must first enter the hex or drugi.I want to know whether this is a demo version which include some 500 valid
 the device. What program should be used for programming.Thanks in advance Waveing

ponyprog 2000 can program the atmega8 using rs232 icsp programmer. schematic is with ponyprog with some instruction and very simple programmer. just google it.

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg202682.html#msg202682

Offline Firebox
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP Deus V2.0
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 03:43:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I would like to build this detector in version V06:

Please Register or Login

PIM-2 V06 Test

has any of you have experience with the kit? how stable is it?
Is it better than the Chance PI Huh?

Where can I buy the kit and what did it cost?

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg234537.html#msg234537

Offline bo198673
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

China

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XR-71
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I need to buy a "PIM2 METAL DETECTOR"  360447541@qq.com

Posted on: January 05, 2013, 12:26:45 PM
I need to buy a "PIM2 METAL DETECTOR"     360447541@qq.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg246972.html#msg246972

Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Feedan3d

Its been just over a year now when I asked members of this forum to help me with the hex file in order for me to try to build the PIM-2 pulse induction MD. I remember that you promised that you would try to clear the on/off counter - and you said to all of us "tell you soon"... Well, I was very disappointed because I decided not to build it since it would have been an 'incomplete' metal detector (only demo). So I decided to carry on with Delta Pulse 2 (Elbombaci version) which I built successfully including the English version hex file for the LCD (provided by Japanese). I was very fortunate now to convert my Delta Pulse 2 to upgrade to Delta Pulse 2+ with the PIC using 18F252 MPU. I previously posted my detection results of the Delta Pulse 2 for 1 Euro coin (as its used as a reference for comparison in these MD fora) and I am extremely happy with my Delta Pulse. The hex file is not a Demo version as it does not count down from 200 on/off cycles, but remains at 195 permanently without counting down. I think that an electronic technician has placed a number of 'NOP' commands in the asm file and recompiled it. Please don't ask me how it was done because I don't know the answer.
Many experimenters and DIY enthusiasts who have attempted to build this improved and partially discriminating Delta Pulse 2+ detector have had big problems trying to make it even work with the Demo hex file (as I have noticed from the many complaints in the various metal detecting fora). There is no real 'secret' for a successful build. Its got to do with using clean and neat electronic techniques (as has been pointed out previously on numerous occasions by gurus such as Ram, Xavier and others). The other more specific advice is that using the much faster MCU (e.g. 18F252), timing and time constants are very important in this discrimination circuitry. For example, the filtering capacitors in the 5 volt power supply for this LCD circuit should be changed from the schematic's 1000 uF (6.3 V and 16 V) to 220 uF 16 V (2 off). The switch-on time will be much faster and triggers the 20 MHz crystal almost immediately. Otherwise, you will find that only the top line of the LCD will display a row of very strange characters (this has been the greatest complaint on these various fora, so I 've noticed). I post here a picture of my working LCD (on my workbench), and my next step is to mount the new LCD in my Delta Pulse 2 detector box in the form of an upgrade.
I hope that my 2 cents worth of advice will help an enthusiast/DIY out there who is trying very hard to get their Delta Pulse 2 to work properly.
I am still interested in the PIM-2 improved version (a so-called quasi Delta Pulse 2 detector), however, I would need the version 5 hex files for the Atmega (but not the Demo files), otherwise I will not attempt to build it at all.

Hope this helps

Obrigo

Speedy_G

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg248638.html#msg248638

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Copper_side_of_my_LCD_PCB.jpg
My_working_LCD_01.jpg

Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 09:42:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Freedan3d

I'm sorry that I misspelt your name (avatar) in my earlier post this month. It was not intentional. I admire you for your valuable contributions that have made towards the building of a functional Delta Pulse 2.  It is truely a great home-built pulse induction metal detector. I am sure that everyone else who has followed Thunting carefully will agree with me that the information available on this forum (as also on Geotech1) is priceless when it comes to building a good metal detector that can compare favourable even with many commercial models that are out there.
On a more serious note, concerning the LCD for the Delta Pulse 2, I have determined that some HD44780-compatible 2x16 LCD modules from some companies (e.g. Topway) tends to give those weird characters on the top line (nothing appears on the bottom row) that I previously mentioned, when a 12V battery is used. However, it works OK when a regulated 12v power supply is used instead. I have managed to obtain a smaller LCD from a different company (it was actually a 4x20 module) and this one works perfectly well with the hex file. Maybe someone else out there had a similar experience with different LCDs and would like to comment on what the problems might have been and how they solved it.

Obrigado

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg249592.html#msg249592

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: