[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Elektor #79 1981 VLF MD; Delta Pulse 2 (Elbombaci).
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Xavier

I'm sorry to hear that you had to undergo an operation to remove a cancerous growth. I hope that you have a full recovery after that ordeal and that you will be back to teach us all you know about building and troubleshooting home-built metal detectors such as the Delta Pulse 2 and PIM-2 etc. I have tried to obtain a response from Freedan3d since January (on this forum), but it seems that everyone is still on vacation (or working very hard). I stay in Cape Town (the beautiful mother city of South Africa), and I am just dying to take my upgraded Delta Pulse 2 + to the beach and do some coin- and jewelry-shooting. I have successfully upgraded the Delta Pulse 2 by replacing the PIC 16F676 by the more powerful PIC 18F252. I finally managed to get my LCD to function perfectly and it can now discriminate between gold items (non-ferrous) and ferrous junk! As I mentioned in my previous post, the reason that the LCD was not working very well was the result of using an LCD module from a different manufacturer. For example, with some of these LCD modules, the Delta Pulse Logo did not appear automatically and only garbled letters appeared on the top row of LCD screen. This situation occurs when one uses the LCD models WH1602b (Winstar), DEM16216, GDM1602A or LMB162GDC (Topway) - this was much improved without changing the software (hex file), but using a different LCD model, such as ACM1602S (American Zettler Inc), MC1602J-SYL (Everbouquet) or DV-20400 (Data Vision). I have included two pictures of my finished Delta Pulse 2 + and the next step will be to determine the sensitivity (depth) of detection for both ferrous and non-ferrous buried items.   
I am quite intrigued (and curious) why there has been no response so far to my questions regarding the availability of the hex file for the PIM-2 metal detector. I was invited by Christian to contribute to this forum and I wonder if he has also extended the same invitation to all the other members who have been associated with this forum since a few years ago. For example where is Ram, or Eugene52  (GoldDigger1950/ Cornelius), or for that matter, Japanese? Well, like I said before, maybe they are too busy to help the amateur detectorist like me.

Obrigado

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg250061.html#msg250061

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

My_upgraded_Delta_Pulse2_complete.jpg
My_upgraded_Delta_Pulse2_plus.jpg

Offline 6666
Bronze Member

Thank you23

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1060.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DIY, Whites 6000d, whites 2000 PI
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 08:13:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thats a nice looking machine .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg250068.html#msg250068

Offline nicolas
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Italy

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 05:26:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi friends
Thank all

Clapp Detecting

Cordially
Nicolas

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg255250.html#msg255250

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Speedy_G
I have included two pictures of my finished Delta Pulse 2 + and the next step will be to determine the sensitivity (depth) of detection for both ferrous and non-ferrous buried items.

I wonder if you finish the project and what was the result.
Could you please if you have time check if the info on delta pulse 2+ is complete and correct on the download area of the forum?
Or could you please post all the info that you used to successfully complete the project?
Looks like a good winter project
Thank you

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg255257.html#msg255257

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 04:10:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi nickel_n

I went to the beach last weekend here in Cape Town with my Delta Pulse 2+ and had a fairly successful morning. I found a number of ferrous and non-ferrous coins which were accurately discriminated by my machine. It behaved in a very stable manner. I have only done a preliminary run and will be doing depth measurements later on.
I could not see all the files for the Delta Pulse 2 in the download area, maybe because I only have 8 or so posts. However, those that I could see posted by Ram on the Delta Pulse 1 & 2 and LCD are correct and they were the ones that I initially used, apart from the 18F252 LCD files which were posted by Jap. You will probably have access to his posted files since you have many more posts that I have.
As far as my 18F252 LCD hex file (not the demo) is concerned, we would need to obtain permission from our Master technician and Teacher, Elbombaci (aka Uykusuz, Sleepless & Ahmet Akgöz), who has contributed enormously to these wonderful metal detector projects and without whom these projects would not be possible for the amateur.
I explained the same thing to another poster, Jose, who PM'd me and also asked me for my hex file. The only possibility, as i see it, would be for a fair exchange. I would exchange the Delta Pulse2+ file for the PIM-2 hex files, either ver 5 or ver 6 (not the demo, though).
Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Thanks

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg255294.html#msg255294

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 05:27:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Speedy_G
posted by Japanese . You will probably have access to his posted files since you have many more posts that I have.

Thank you for the replay. I don’t think that there is a limit to how many files you can see.
Unfortunately I don’t have the HEX file you are after.
As i said will be a nice winter project, if i manage to collect all the info.
Please keep posting your test results

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg255300.html#msg255300

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 04:06:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi speedy_G

Thanks for the get well wish. I wanted to quote you but I'm using my new tablet and I have not quit figured it all out yet. Concerning your LCD problem, did you ground all the un used pins? If not that coul have been your problem

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg257154.html#msg257154

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 08:21:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Xavier

Nice to hear from you at last from the Eastern Cape.
I obtained all the relevant files for the Delta Pulse 2+ LCD from this forum that was posted by Freedan3d at the following URL:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/pi_designs_deepseekers/delta_pulse_2_and_pic_pi_elbombaci-t17174.250.html

The only unused pin that is not grounded is pin number 25 from the PIC18F252. All other unused pins are grounded whether they are from the PIC or from the LCD. It's difficult to imagine that one ungrouned pin from the PIC18F252 could cause those garbled characters that sometimes appear on the top row of the LCD and that were reported by some experimenters on these fora. I solved my problem by using an LCD module from a different manufacturer (apparently some cheaper Chinese-made LCD modules are not fast enough to receive data from the microprocessor. As Altra has mentioned in the Geotech forum concerning the same problem: quote "A common problem encountered with charactor LCDs is a difference in initialization times. Certain brand LCDs are faster than others" unquote.

But thanks for your suggestion, and I'm glad you're back on this forum.

Obrigado

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg257159.html#msg257159

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes some LCD's are slower than others and it's good that you found the fault. When I have an LCD that dose not want to initialize I add a delay at the end of my code (LCD start) 10ms, but then if you don't have a problem why would you place the delay  Smiley  If you can send me your file on the project I'd like to keep it as (working detector) in my detector projects file, never know that I may want to build it some day or that someone has a problem with a build.

All the best to you
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg257164.html#msg257164

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Speedy_G
Pull Tab

Thank you4

Activity
0%

South Africa

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Xavier

I didn't realize that you are also involved in programming microprocessors such as the PIC18F252. Do you then have the source code for the Delta Pulse 2+ LCD program? Unfortunately, I don't have the original code for the program, but only the full hex file for the PIC18F252.
A number of posters in both the Geotech and Thunting fora have asked me for my hex file. As you very well know, out of respect for our master technician and teacher, Elbombaci (Uykusuz/Sleepless), who has contributed enormously to these wonderful metal detector projects and without whom these projects would not be possible for the amateur, we cannot upload the full hex file without his permission.
The only possibility, as I see it, would be for a fair exchange. I would exchange the Delta Pulse2+ file for the PIM-2 hex files, either ver 5 or ver 6 (not the demo, though). The reason being that, in my spare time, I would like to build another detector as a new challenge. However, I am very happy at the moment with the Delta Pulse 2+ metal detector.
You may have noticed that in some other fora (e.g Lugatek) they are having problems (big time!) trying to get the Delta Pulse 3 to work reliably - so I am not at all envious of that project - it will be an abortion in the end.
Anyway, I would very much like to keep in contact with you (as you are a guru of metal detector technology). I feel that, as an amateur, I could learn alot from you.
Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Obrigado (means 'thank you' in Portuguese)

Ciao

Speedy_G

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28025.msg257198.html#msg257198

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:46:21 pm by Speedy_G »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: