[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« on: October 14, 2009, 01:16:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have went on a detecting trip where me and another fellow was using a MINELAB RELIC HAWK--that machine was really strong and could go deep in ground---I've used a Fisher Twin Box a few times and that thing was so sensitive that it was hard to use correctly without getting false signals--even wet grass would set it off. I'd be intersted in anyone's info about what they've learned about strong deepseeking detectors that can go down in feet not inches.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg53977.html#msg53977

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Use a good PI detector . They will go deep ( too deep ) . Don't get the ones that are operated with a small 9V battery .  Get one that is using a regular  12V ( car ) size battery .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg53980.html#msg53980

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 01:45:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hellom the two box machines are all no good from my expirience no matter wheter it is the Fisher Gemini or Whites TM 808. The Relic Hawk is a combined VLF / TR detector and I haves used it, too. It doesn't go as deep the modern Minelab detector like the SE, eTrac or all of their Extreme series machines. I would agree to Cornelius and suggest using a PI machine with a 1 x 1 loop coil.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg53983.html#msg53983

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, that sounds like truly good advice. Most PI units I've used were of the 9v type or used AA's to power them or had recharge packs---never heard of car battery sized bats used in a unit--that must be very powerful indeed----would you happen to know any by name? Just curious and one day would like to obtain a unit of ultimate depth for hunting caches buried deep such as boxes or chests,etc. Maybe payroll caches or pirate treasure on shore, etc.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg54000.html#msg54000

micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:03:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Christopher, my experiences with two box and the relic haw weren't so great either--I just assumed relic hawk was a deep unit because the fellow I was hunting with said it was. Of course, a few other things he said weren't what I'd call correct either. My cousin uses a Minelab explorer and he does excellent with his machine--beats me every time we go hunting together. I love Tesoro and they do great in trashy ground--but that Minelab explorer he uses seems to get to more coins when we go hunting. He just recently purchased the e-trac and he don't know how he'll like it yet. I've been using a friend's Sovereign and it's pretty good-but not as deep as the explorers or e-tracs Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg54006.html#msg54006

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:06:42 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i am currently looking into several options for deep underground metal detection. options that are not well known or widely used. my answer to you though would be dependent on what you are looking for. i live on the coast, and have several places on near the surf, as well as inland that i am looking for extremely deep detection equipment, and i think i have stumbled upon a couple really good ideas. i can get you my personal info somehow if you are interested in what i have found out... i am just always a little "leery" of posting too much in public settings

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg59444.html#msg59444

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:28:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

pccvanwilder .  Share  or don't share  it is all up to you . So many of us have shared their knowledge without ever wanting something in return . If you want to stay a member of this net , and be liked , I would share if I were you .  Cornelius  ( ps , most of what you think is exclusive information is most likely old stuff for most of us  )

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg59449.html#msg59449

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:21:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey cornelius,

this is the first time i have used any kind of public forum about treasure hunting. please relax and let me get used to it without berating me for every comment i make. i dont really care if i am liked or not, but if everyone on here is as "nice" as you i can gladly find a different forum. let me know if that is what is best for everyone

when it comes to metal detectors... i have no idea and i have no problem admitting that. i have only owned one ever and it was a tesoro. i am not acting like i have information that is top secret if i dont know what i am talking about. we are in the process of patenting some deep searching metal detectors... and i just cant give a ton of the details about those. that is all. and there are tons of instruments you can use to search very deep... but it depends on what they are searching

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg59466.html#msg59466

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 04:25:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

At least you got my message . We are more like a family . If you don't trust us with your information don't mention what you have in your luggage  .  Just my opinion .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg59468.html#msg59468

Offline quasarhomes
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 04:34:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

I?m living in Spain and I'm using for many years a Fisher 1266-X, with very good results and extremely good depth for small objects... Nevertheless for more serious treasure hunting I need a detector for much more depth... I purchased also a TM-93 (magnetometer) and the Pulse 2000 (made in USA, but are they still in business?) but with both I digged several times deep holes for minerals... My doubts are about similar detectors as the Lorenz Deepmax X3 (Germany), the Pulsestar II and Deepers X5. How do they work in mineralized soil? It seems that two-box detectors (White's TM 808, Fisher Gemini III, Discovery TF 900) aren't very good in heavy mineralized soil... Anybody could help? Many thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8617.msg70024.html#msg70024

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: