[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline waterfall1730
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 83.0.4103.61
Chrome 83.0.4103.61

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 12:54:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I found very old markings on rocks. i supposed it is pirates markings. Can someone help me to decipher the marking?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34845.msg330589.html#msg330589

Offline CptEvilTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Sweden

155.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 76.0
Firefox 76.0

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 03:28:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

one can always give it a try..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34845.msg330590.html#msg330590

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
71%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 81.0.4044.129
Chrome 81.0.4044.129

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 03:44:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Waterfall1730,

I am no longer a moderator on this site, so  you can take what I say with a grain of salt if you like.
      You aren't likely to get a response, especially from the older, more established members who might be able to help you until you go to the New Member board and introduce yourself.  It doesn't have to be a long introduction, but you should at least let people know how you got interested in the treasure hunting and, in a very general way, what type of hunting you are doing at this stage of life including the broad geographic area.  Knowing a little bit about you makes it easier for strangers to decide whether or not you are the type of person they would like to share their hard earned knowledge/insight with.  
      Next, I should tell you that at least during the time I was a regular contributor and moderator, the majority of the people on this board are rather skeptical of "Treasure Signs".  That doesn't mean that they completely discount the possibility that someone would bury valuables and mark it for future recovery using marks that have meaning to them.   However, most of the more established hunters do tend to be very skeptical of the "traditional" signs such as turtles.  After all, would YOU bury a cache of values and then mark it using symbols that are widely associated by the population in general with "Buried TREASURE"?    That's about as secure as putting a big neon sign with an arrow pointing down.
     Finally, if you wish to pursue this on your own and you believe you have pirate markings made using some set of universal symbols, I am going to make a leap assume that you are looking at markings either in Australia, or at least in the southwestern Pacific Ocean/Indian Ocean area.   The next step is to figure out whether you are looking for European pirates or Asian pirates.   If you figure the markings are European in origin, start with Masonic symbols.  If you believe in treasure marks, those seem to be the base upon which most European/Western treasure languages are built.  If you are looking for Asian pirates, then your probably better off using a different base set to work with--most likely Chinese or Japanese.  The other major possibility you need to consider is Arab/Muslim pirates...which could easily introduce a entirely distinct set of markings.  

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34845.msg330591.html#msg330591

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 76.0
Firefox 76.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 10:47:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Contact Hugh Edwards in Perth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34845.msg330622.html#msg330622

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you356

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 68.0
Firefox 68.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 04:59:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

a good start will be some pictures of the symbols

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34845.msg330634.html#msg330634

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: