[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline lookinferbootyTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari & the Garrett 250
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

I grew up in Southwest Florida listening to the tales of Joe Gaspar the pirate.  There is not much information about him and from what I've found it just seems to be a "tale".  I close to Gasparilla Island, FL and have done a lot of reseach on the ground.  I would love to have anymore information about him that may be out there.  Has anyone been uninhabited island searching?  What are some recomendation for this type of searching other that the obvious, water, bug spray, food....?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg34550.html#msg34550

Freedom IS NOT free!  Have you thanked a Veteran today?

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:35:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Insert Quote
I grew up in Southwest Florida listening to the tales of Joe Gaspar the pirate.  There is not much information about him and from what I've found it just seems to be a "tale".  I close to Gasparilla Island, FL and have done a lot of reseach on the ground.  I would love to have anymore information about him that may be out there.  Has anyone been uninhabited island searching?  What are some recomendation for this type of searching other that the obvious, water, bug spray, food....? 

I have probably researched, and searched the Charlotte Harbor area as much as anyone. A n old friend (deceased) recovered a chest of Spanish Silver coins beside the burial mound on Cara Pelau, in 1928. They recovered the chest at 27 feet deep. The last time I was there the remains of the coffer dam was still visible at low tide.

In cleaning out my books, I recently gave a friend my copy of Juan Gomez's diary describing the chest of Jewels buried in a pond at Placida. The Pirate treasure in the ship buried under sand at the Railroad bridge crossing Coral creek, at Placida has never been recovered.

Charlotte harbor was intended to be the Spanish seat of government. They were building a seaport in Charlotte harbor (Boggs Hole) when they were attacked by Indians killing a thousand negro slaves, and burning 14 Spanish ships.

There is plenty of evidence at Low town to suggest the Gaspar Pirates, did exist. Then there were also Bull, Gallager, and the so called Peace River Pirates, among others.

Add to this, there is a huge KGC Treasure buried over several square miles, just west of Arcadia, Fl. and Pirates Treasure j North of Arcadia.

I could go on and on, but most of the Troves are deep, permits are unobtainable, and recovery can be costly.

I did recover  a very badly worn Spanish Silver coin, with a MFD buried 18 inches deep on the beach at Bull Key. Indications were that there may be a hundred or so Gold coins scattered in shallow  water of Bull Key. Probably 6 feet under the Sand.  I was denied a permit by the State, to excavate.

There is a lot of history, stories,  and treasure in that area, but it's going to be difficult to recover.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg34568.html#msg34568

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:14:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just a couple of questions.  What or where is "Low" town and what is KGC?  Do you live in the area and are you still searching?  Thanks for the info.  That will give me a few new spots to check out. Shawn Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg34572.html#msg34572

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:55:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Just a couple of questions.  What or where is "Low" town and what is KGC?  Do you live in the area and are you still searching?  Thanks for the info.  That will give me a few new spots to check out. Shawn

Low Town was located near the southern end, on the west side of Cara Pelau. It was pretty much wiped out in an 1848 hurricane.

Low Town,  is where the common seamen, who worked for Jose Gaspar lived. There was a ship yard at the NW end of Cara Pelau.  Rails and some timbers for hauling ships out of the water were there when I last visited the area more than 20 years ago. Mullet fisherman, caught two, 40 lb Lead ballast bars in their nets which were about 40% Silver.

It is not believed that Jose Gaspar, buried much of his wealth in the Charlotte harbor area. Instead, he preferred high ground, and buried  his treasures to the North of Tampa bay

Regarding, Juan Gomez, I am aware of two of his caches that have been recovered by a relative who had maps that were handed down through his family.  He lived in Marco, but is now deceased.

Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) was (is)  a secret organization of the Confederacy, comprised of Free Masons and very high officials from both the  North, South, and several parts of the world.

Thousands of  tons of Treasure and armament are believed to be buried across the U.S. into Canada, Mexico, Central America, & Cuba.  From what little research that can be gleaned, these depositories appear to be enormous, sometimes covering miles of tunnels, vaults and caverns of carefully laid deposits and elaborate booby traps.

It is believed to be the beginning of the "New World Order" but some I have read think that some of the Treasures  may even date back to the Knights Templar?

I live in Haines City, about 100 miles north of Punta Gorda.

I hope you find some great relics, but be careful where you hunt. In the past the State hasn't been very kind to folks treasure Hunting in that area.      Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg34686.html#msg34686

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:01:46 pm by Dell_Winders »

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:56:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks a lot for all the info.  I will keep you posted on what I find.  There is a local coffee shop that is run out of the Masonic Temple in Punta Gorda. I bet that would be a great start for my research.  The only way out to that island is by a state run ferry or a private boat.  I will probably try the ferry without the detector just to do research, then go over on a private boat to search. Thanks again. Shawn Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg34687.html#msg34687

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Probably not. The Masons of today, are not the same Masons of yesteryear, with the exception of a couple of the highest degree.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg40166.html#msg40166

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:15:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

lookinferbooty,

i have done a TON of research on Gaspar. i have some information that you may find very helpful. like was stated by the other gentleman, the state is very particular about treasure hunting, and does not deal kindly with people who do not listen to them and their rules. if you think you can just boat out there and start searching, think again.

anyway, like any true treasure hunter, i do not want to give away too much information, but i would not mind speaking with you outside of this public forum.

DELL,

do you still have any of the information concerning juan gomez?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg59440.html#msg59440

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

pccvanwilder . If you do not want to share any of your information , what are you doing on this forum .  Just my way of thinking !  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg59453.html#msg59453

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 03:42:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, let's not put down our new members pccvanwilder Smiley I understand that people will sometimes not like to give away all their research. However maybe you will share some of it with us Smiley

regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg59454.html#msg59454

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 03:52:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders

Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) was (is)  a secret organization of the Confederacy, comprised of Free Masons and very high officials from both the  North, South, and several parts of the world.

The Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) was organized before the creation of the Confederate States of America (CSA). The KGC sided with the Confederacy during the War Between the States. Even though the KGC fought along side of the CSA at times, they were not a part of the  CSA, politically or militarily. According to mainstream historians, the KGC ceased to exist before the war ended.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5580.msg59455.html#msg59455

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: