[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline sandiggerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 04, 2009, 04:10:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,   All  it  ChoppeJoe .  I got a Question  for all of you.  How Many of you think the Pirate , Buried    a Chest of gold coins Jewrely . as the pirate did not have a lot of time to buried a Chest.. with all the Frighting going on, and being hunted by the engish . so what do you say. I Live on Long Island I keep looking  & diging & still No Chest. Detecting Detecting Detecting  Crazy Crazy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9109.msg57099.html#msg57099

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The pirate chest full of gold and jewels is the stuff that dreams are made of, mate.

You're absolutely right about pirates not having much time aside from when they were at sea. Thinking about the fact that they were always being pursued, imagine yourself as a pirate needing to hide the evidence of their crime at sea. They are being pursued by fast ships who want to board them and see for themselves the stolen treasure so they can capture, try and convict the pirates. Because of that, a protected small harbor big enough to enter with their ships is a very good place to go when you need to temporarily drop off your treasure, allow the authorities to board you and inspect for stolen goods, then depart. In their haste, some could not remember landmarks which would return them to their treasure. Such a shame. It may still be there for you.

Look for protected inlets and begin your search from a boat on the inlet looking towards where treasure could be stored temporarily.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9109.msg57115.html#msg57115

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:50:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Sandigger

I suggest you read the post at legendary Treasures thread and read the story of buried treasure at Coney Island it is not far from you.

The story of treasure on Cony Island has some factual support.
Some treasure may or may not still be there. But like with anything it is highly recommended you research the subject before searching. And a detailed information about the high and low tide.

Regards Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9109.msg57144.html#msg57144

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i grew up in ohio and now live in florida. pirates have always fascinated me and i have spent hundreds and thousands of hours researching pirates in the area of florida where i live and other places. it might surprise you how often pirates DID actually end up having to bury chest of treasure. i found out that here in the little town i live in on the panhandle, a pirate chest was accidentally uncovered in the early 1900's. of course, you have to look VERY diligently to uncover this information, as the person before you generally destroys any information he obtains to keep it from someone else. this was the case even here in my little town, with that particular newspaper microfilm being the only one missing for decades. coincidence? i think not.

in my research i have come up with at least three places within just a two hundred miles of me, where chests of valuables are KNOWN to have been buried. not rumor, but fact. put in the hard work researching and you just may be surprised how common buried pirate chests are.

anyone interested in searching with me in this part of the country hit me up!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9109.msg59435.html#msg59435

Offline Freddy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500 with treasure hound
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would be interested in putting my GTI 2500 with the treasure hound to the test looking for a buried pirate chest who knows what is out there I have been researching george Islands and the treasures buried there

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9109.msg135178.html#msg135178

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: