[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HomefireTopic starter
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2013, 10:14:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seems We the People made enough Stank on this one to back off some of the Fat Jowled Folks.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/background-checks-bill_n_3103341.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg256323.html#msg256323

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2013, 12:01:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't get too confident.   This is just a temporary setback for them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg256339.html#msg256339

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OH! This is going to be a LONG LONG Term Battle.

It's gotten to wear every day is a Single Victory.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg256342.html#msg256342

Offline lugknut32
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pending!
« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2013, 11:13:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

And they will not stop until they get their way. It is up to us to oppose them every step of the way. Even here in Uber North California (also known as Washington state), there are so many that are fed up with the gun grabbers. They vilify us, calling us "Bible totin', gun lovin' rednecks" and throw all sorts of twisted "facts" to the press, who then run with it like it was a hot diamond! And as soon as one of us looses his/her composure and fires back, then a whole new wave of vile vitriol comes spewing out of their mouths....and 99% of it is all made up!

I have finally decided to retire from the Army for a few reasons. 1) The armed forces are now a daycare for the dregs of society (if you cannot get into the military...you gots problems brother). 2) In the past 24 years I have served, I have been witness to the moral decline of what used to be an honorable profession....Soldiers I have followed into combat more than once have ultimately been shown to be nothing more than leacherous old men. The virtues they said they stood for have become like a hollow shell of chocholate. I can continue to go on, but it would be at the risk of offending someone who was "born that way" refusing to ackknowledge that it is a choice (if God had intended for humans to be born that way, they would be able to reproduce).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257531.html#msg257531

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2013, 08:16:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

This thread and topic is getting a little tiresome. All I see here is people citing all sorts of gun grabbing and doing nothing about it except to complain here.

If you want to oppose it, do it. Don't just discuss it here. Discussing it here does absolutely nothing. Call your state and federal legislators and let them know they have a responsibility to represent ALL of their constituents, not just the ones who vote for them. And before you point your dirt encrusted fingers at me, I DO all of those things and more. Nobody can ever accuse me of not being a patriot. I love this country and support our Constitution 100% in thought, word and deed. I spent 22 years sworn to defend it and I did.

Now get busy writing and calling your representatives. Stop wasting time here. Put your thoughts into letters and phone calls to the people who are doing the gun grabbing. Become proactive. Don't wait for the knock on the door. By then it iwll be too late. Your 500 boxes of bullets will do no good against that army of officialdom you think you are stopping by discussing things here on a metal detecting forum. They'll run over the top of you when the time comes. And it will, if things keep going as they are. And don't forget to call the good guys and thank them for preserving your rights. There are a few of them out there too!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257545.html#msg257545

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline lugknut32
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pending!
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD, I agree with you there. There have been some very thought-provoking posts in this thread, and I will use some of them (or a variant of them) when I do make contact with them. I am as guilty as anyone for using the forum as a sounding board.....and quite frankly I am suprised the thread has lasted this long. We are all Patriots..I have spent 24 years doing what you did for 22; hell, we have probably chewed some of the same dirt without even knowing it, just in a different stretch of time.

On a different note...my best friend and mining partner will be re-deploying from Afghanistan in the near future. He has told me of finding small nuggets in some of the waterways while out on patrol (and NO, he didn't use his tools). I guess they did a security halt in/around a creek one day and he just happened to look down and found some small stuff!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257549.html#msg257549

Offline Jack Ryan
Pull Tab

Dig it up.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm sure a lot of people who posted in this thread have served in the military, contacted their elected officials and regularly attend pro gun events. Just because they didn't give a list of everything they do gun related in a thread on a metal detecting forum doesn't mean they don't do anything and you are the lone ranger.

I doubt the over all quality of military personnel across all the services isn't much different than it's EVER been and especially in relation to the general population. It was probably higher in times of open armed conflict like the revolution, civil war, WWI, WWII, may be the Korean war but these years of regional conflicts over protecting rich people's ass(ets) and politicians egos pretty much ALWAYS mean wasted lives and honor of men fighting for their country to the benefit of multi-national mercenary financial interests.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257565.html#msg257565

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's nice to see a little appropriate activism even though I know for certain that not many of the  loudest here even bother to write or call. How do I know it? Because their arguments here are invalid and irrelevant to any realistic discussion. They'd be laughed out of most real life forums or town hall meetings.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257566.html#msg257566

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I for one am a Activist!   I think this Post is Disseminating information that inspires others to be Active.

It at least brings peoples attention to actions being taken by the Anti Gun  folks.

Yes , Moaners and Complainers don't help .   People who at least try make a difference  with a Phone call can some times  find the mark.

Even a Short Note to your representative can make a wave. 

Handwritten Letters are Best.   They know it took you time and effort to make the Statement.

Be Polite and to the Point.

Never Rant.

Just State your view and reasons.

In your Letters Write Like you was talking in there Face.

Please Register or Login

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257568.html#msg257568

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:31:38 pm by homefire »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
I think this Post is Disseminating information that inspires others to be Active.

Until I chimed in, nobody was talking about taking action. Everyone was content to moan and complain here.

Get up off your duffs and start writing letters. Join the NRA. Support your gun friendly Congress critters. Instead of joining in on the jokes about Sarah Palin, send her a check so she can run for Senate in Alaska!

Listen to her speech at the NRA Convention:

Please Register or Login

Sarah Palin's SMOKING HOT NRA Speech ~ "Don't make me do it..."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37426.msg257583.html#msg257583

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Jump to: