[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Allen50Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites IDX PRO
« on: April 28, 2011, 03:24:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

last year we redecovered a manganese mine on a place called hill 60 Detecting. i have knowen where it was for many years but at that time i was not into checking these things out, now that i am into looking for mines and ghost towns, the roads were washed out, and now can only axcess by atv or walking, not a lot of info can be found on this mine, the mine was staked in 1918 at the 2000foot leavel and 3 open clames were staked,was a tram way built from the mine down to the cpr rail line that runs to lake cowichan and youbou town site once being the only way to youbou before the road was built, there seams to be no photos of the tram can be found as of yet,(still searching) i did find old shafts and leavers from the tram on the hill side, and some small gage rail line used at the mine, this summer back looking and searching after the snow is gone, was on the mountian beging of april and was still 6 feet of snow so soon be back looking, also there is a rhodonite mine close by, but i will leave that for another topice. Waveing

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23224.msg166617.html#msg166617

Offline tucsongramps
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab 3000 and GP Extreme
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Allan50:

It appears that you are from Canada.  You don't give too much about the mine's location - except it is near what you called "hill 60."  If you are into visiting old mining sites,both hard rock and placer mining, you need to be aware of this web site:

Please Register or Login

www.mindat.org

You can search for information on individual mines by their known name(s) or location as well as by combinations of a mineral name and location.  I tried to search for "hill 60" in Canada and did not get a hit.  You can search for mines by Canadian provinces and the Yukon Territory.

For example, you can search for information about Rhodonite or  search for Yukon Territory and you will get a huge list of minerals and mines found in that Territory.

There are also mining references for all over the world.

The site has great information and color photos of minerals.  Check it out.

Tucsongramps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23224.msg166841.html#msg166841

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Rhodonite_ Rhodonite mineral information and data.pdf
Yukon Territory, Canada.pdf

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: