[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline WaulespanTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:13:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Folks, it has been a busy and productive season in North Wales. In one week during September/October I broke into a pay streak in my favourite river and found over half-an-ounce of nuggets and pickers, mainly in the last couple of days. On the bigger river, the Afon Mawddach the public car parks were overflowing with newcomers in their campers. They had all got involved because of the publicity about my 'notorious' dig on the Afon Wen in 2010 - 2011. The oldtimers I met from 2009 are all gone, so the Greenhorns kind of rely on me to advise them which parts of the rivers have been hammered and where to try next.
I have had meetings with the authorities, including a voluntary police interview in September, and I have more or less convinced them that there is no danger to any protected species from our activities on the most popular panning areas. The biggest problem now is littering, and other anti-social behaviour. The authorities have proposed to put height restrictors on the car parks, to exclude the bigger campers and motor homes, but I don't think measure this would deter the type of panners who are turning up now.
A couple of newcomers have helped me move boulders in my excavation, with the reward of some small pickers. One came from Austria.
About two hundred meters upstream from me some local lads have been digging an absolutely massive hole, their dam of boulders diverts even the largest spates.
My camper is in for welding and MoT this week, so hopefully I can get back next weekend.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321087.html#msg321087

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 06:03:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good to hear from you again, I sent you an email a while back but I am not sure you got it,

It's funny how the moment you mentioned Gold they all swarmed on the area, Lets hope they clean up after them selves, aye.

I decide to buy a 4x4 so it would have enough room in it for me to camp in it and I have also added a 4x4 fridge freezer and a 240 volt inverter and a load of other odds and ends, I have got the MOT due in December so I need to get that done, then I will be set, My 4x4 came from Wales so maybe that's a good Omen,

good luck talk soon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321088.html#msg321088

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 56.0
Firefox 56.0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 06:45:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like Progress to me.   MOT ?  LOL, I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that would pass  if the inspector was cranky in any way.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321089.html#msg321089

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Good to hear from you again, I sent you an email a while back but I am not sure you got it,

It's funny how the moment you mentioned Gold they all swarmed on the area, Lets hope they clean up after them selves, aye.

I decide to buy a 4x4 so it would have enough room in it for me to camp in it and I have also added a 4x4 fridge freezer and a 240 volt inverter and a load of other odds and ends, I have got the MOT due in December so I need to get that done, then I will be set, My 4x4 came from Wales so maybe that's a good Omen,

good luck talk soon.

Hi Ridge, sorry I don't think I saw that email you sent. Keep in touch. It is mostly one guy spreading rubbish and misbehaving generally. The others are mostly friendly, although one waited until I left and jumped in my excavation. My local friends asked him what he was doing and he panicked and ran off, leaving some nice tools behind! I haven't seen him since.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321090.html#msg321090

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:06:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah I know the type mate,

I got a prospecting pick here for you when we do eventually catch up, it's good Steel and built and design all the way from Australia, so it is the real deal.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321091.html#msg321091

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Lovely, good luck with the MoT and see you down there in the new year probably.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg321092.html#msg321092

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 01:59:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Folks

Having finally fitted a new radiator fan to my camper I am almost ready to set off for North Wales, but the weather forecast looks bleak, so I may have to delay until early February.
I am intrigued to find out whether other panners have widened my excavation while I have been away since early October, although I suspect they are more likely to have filled it in if anything.
I didn't quite manage to clean up the area of bedrock I exposed, and it would have quickly filled up with leaves, so I hope someone got in there before it got clogged up again.
I am more interested in moving a couple of 3 metre diamater boulders, one is a lovely smooth granite beauty, so any help from Ridge or other visitors would be welcome. The dam which built up naturally around the fallen tree bole should still be there, unless the forestry team removed it. The wildlife police officer and the Natural Wales official haven't been in contact since September when I attended the voluntary interview and answered all their dubious questions under caution. I uncovered official evidence which proves that there is no Atlantic Salmon spawning in that part of the river, but much further up, so there is no risk to salmon eggs. Spring 2018 should be a very interesting season!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65773.msg323200.html#msg323200

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: