[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kingofthehillTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:58:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello all  Hello

my name is kc and i am new to this, i am in the Boise Idaho area and have went out a few times and found 2 little little pieces of gold and i got excited just to find out when I was walking off the stream i see a claim marker on a tree  Sad so i walked back and put all minerals that I had in a bucket and put them back right where i got them i am not out to find fortune or steal someone’s minerals from their claimed land, I don’t know what the heck i am doing when it comes to this well I am learning more everyday i am doing hours and hours of research and still have much much more to learn.  Is there anyone in the area who is willing to teach me the ropes? Show me how to do the do? Pretty much teach me how to find my own gold/minerals.. I am respectful courteous and not afraid to work to find my own place to look for gold... would be nice to be hands on learning with someone who know what they are doing..

thanks for your time kc.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56912.msg275802.html#msg275802

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:43:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Finding clear grounds to play can be a major chore.  Lots you can do to get on the right path.  Do you have any forestry grounds around?   Forest grounds are dodgy but they don't go Ballistic if you dig in a Revlet, or Wash area as long as you don't mess with the Purdy Plant life along the edges.  No many claims on forestry lands because there a major pain in the butt to keep.   Let me know if  I can help you in any ways.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56912.msg275805.html#msg275805

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

KC, back in the day when I was wandering the streams with a gold pan, I used to go to the county courthouse and look at the records of mining claims.  You should be able to find the current claims there.  Also, go back further in the claim book and you will get an idea of where minerals have been claimed before in the area.  Some of those old claims will have been abandoned or let go over the years.  If someone has re-filed in recent years that should be in the current files.   Good luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56912.msg275819.html#msg275819

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline kingofthehillTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello and thanks for your reply i do have lots of forestry land here i will have to check out i have beed doing lots and lots of research he he he but i think it is starting to pay off i contacted the department of lands yesterday and that went well.           

thanks again kc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56912.msg275821.html#msg275821

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: