[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:28:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do not know if it has been suggested before on this thread, but I would like to say something about prospecting clubs. Actual clubs that go out in the creeks, washes and "boonies" to find that all too elusive shiny gold metal. I recently joined the Roadrunner Prospectors club here in Phoenix, AZ. They have over 200 claims and about 1200 members. Some come from other states just to have a place to dig for gold on summer vacation. The club has an outing every month, or you can go anytime by yourself. You get to keep all the gold you find to yourself. They have a monthly meeting also where they give out prizes and have drawings for gold nuggets. Every claim is guaranteed to have gold. You just have to find it. A few times a year an assessment dig is done to evaluate a prospective new claims value. They dig up the ground with a tractor, and form teams to figure out if the claim is worthwhile.
This is a lot of fun, and good exercise. You don't even need any equipment. You can partner with someone who does, and share the gold. I recommend it to everyone. Many states have their own clubs. A major one is the GPAA in California. (You do not have to live in California to join.) They have claims in many states.
What do you all say?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276279.html#msg276279

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GPAA and other clubs are a hoot.   Wish they had more claims here in NM.    Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276280.html#msg276280

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:40:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire,
You are more than welcome to join our club. We have several members from New Mexico that come here on their vacations. Best time is during  the spring as soon as the snow in the higher mountains start melting. The gully washers bring in new material all the time.
5 hour drive from Deming to here on the 10.
golddustcarl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276326.html#msg276326

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 02:43:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do you guys have any claims here in NM?   GPAA does but there all up on the northern end and to far to be fun.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276338.html#msg276338

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Unfortunately for you, all our claims are here in Arizona, but there are other clubs a little bit closer to you such as the Sierra Vista (Huachuca Prospectors Association member GPAA), Gold Prospectors of Tucson (GPAA chapter), and a private club Desert Gold Diggers, INC. of Tucson with claims in Southeast Arizona.
Hope this helps somewhat.
golddustcarl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276344.html#msg276344

GOLDDUST CARL

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Going to a claim in Wickenburg AZ on the 12th of July for a claims assessment. It is called the Lucky Seven. The owner says if we find a reasonable amount of gold on it then he will sell it to the club for $1000. He is a reliable person and a board member of the club. If he cheats us, he has no where to hide. Club LOL. 17 members (including me)have signed on to do the task. We will be using vacuum operated dry washers, as we are in stage II fire restrictions now and no gas engines can be used until fire restrictions are lifted. Cop

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276478.html#msg276478

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Stage II does not exclude you from using a Gas engine.  Just need a Spark Arrestor that all modern engines already have.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276484.html#msg276484

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:42:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire,
I am afraid the exemption rule says "generators" not dredges. (Dang it) See below

Stage II fire restrictions prohibit the following:

1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire, including fires in developed campgrounds and improved sites.
 2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
 3. Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
4. Operating any internal combustion engine from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
 5. Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.

Exemptions to the restrictions include the following:

1. Using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.
 2. Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator.
 3. Operating motorized vehicles in compliance with forest Travel Management regulations.
 4. Discharging of firearms is allowed at The Prescott Sportsmen’s Club unless otherwise determined by a Forest Official.

I am going to have fun anyways. Kiss A bad day of prospecting for gold beats a good day at work.
golddustcarl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg276518.html#msg276518

GOLDDUST CARL

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well I went prospecting Saturday with some club members to evaluate a perspective claim for value. They were sure a nice bunch of people. Not as many as were signed up (17) but a swell bunch of people from ages 19 to 89. I was not as fortunate as others, but some found some gold. Various equipment was used. A leaf blower operated drywasher, a water recycle vertical sluice, my trommel classifier, metal detectors and a vacuum unit. It was plenty hot (110 degrees F) but all had fun. Kiss Can't wait to go again.
golddustcarl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg277186.html#msg277186

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Chrome 35.0.1916.153

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 02:36:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't believe you, I think that you found enough gold but wont tell us.....not so? Glad that you had a good time out mate, I went detecting for the fist time since I'm in Belgium, MAN what a rush any ways I will post some photos some time later.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57042.msg277206.html#msg277206

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: