[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dj4landTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:09:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the inf guys.  id like to find a place that is within an hours drive.  I went to idaho yesterday and panned a little.  The tests were good.  got a few flakes and lots of fines.  guesstimating, id say the gold here is at about 21 or 22 kts judging from the color...just curious what the norm is around here.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg87289.html#msg87289

Offline monacoll
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Land star
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Mississippi!
Mona
 Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg87292.html#msg87292

Offline reltolbert
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

According to my Gold map, if you travel 28-30 miles past Coeur D' Alene, Idaho on I-90 to exit#43 (Kingston exit). Turn North on Coeur D' Alene river road which parallels the river
and head North about 5 miles till you reach a fork in the road, then take a left and explore the next few miles of this tributary of the Coeur D' Alene
River.
I just got my metal detector and have my gold pans, but I haven't tried this area which is first on my list. It looks promising. Beautiful scenery along the way.
Beware of any 'claims' in this area.
If you take a right, at this fork in the road, and follow the stream for several miles you might check out this area also because it's gold country through these mountains.
Let me know if you have any luck. I will take my own advice and will explore these areas as soon as my Daughter and Granddaughter leaves and the rain stops.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg88363.html#msg88363

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks..i did some exploring in the area.  found color....waiting for dredge season now...carefull...there was a storm not long ago that knocked down a lot of trees....good luck!

dj

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg88449.html#msg88449

Offline reltolbert
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 12:32:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks. Many years ago I prospected for Gold in the Lynx Creek area near Prescott, Arizona. Found some flakes by panning but not enough
water for dredging. So, I'm hoping to once again to find some gold with my Bounty Hunter Platinum (same as the Teknetics Omega 8000)
metal detector and also using my gold pan. My detector will detect a .01 ounce (.3 gram) of gold up to 4" deep in or out of water or ground. Sometimes
the banks of a stream, using the metal detector, will produce some gold. I know what to look for so I should and always do find gold.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg88488.html#msg88488

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 07:16:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

You might look into a drywasher, it's a decent alternative for dry conditions.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg88536.html#msg88536

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

ya..i have an old fisher 1266x.  i used it in virginia for many years to relic hunt for civil war stuff...its a great machine for that but i havent found gold with it..i usually find a lot of hot rocks.  i was thinking that these huge trees that i saw blown over would be great places to detect.   if the nuggets are big enough my macine will slightly sound off...i only know this from samples though.  any advice on my machine would be helpful...

enjoy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg88602.html#msg88602

Offline reltolbert
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My Bounty Hunter Platinum detector is an all-around machine and not specifically known for detecting gold
but it will. However, in the future, I will be buying the new Fisher Gold Bug Pro gold finder which will be introduced
this month or next month for $499. It will use the 19 kHz operating frequency which is great for small gold nugget detection
and is the lowest price of any gold detector. They are still tweaking the detector software so nobody should buy it right now at
Cabellas until it's fine-tuned. Kellyco guarantees the software will be upgraded when a person pre-orders the Fisher Gold Bug Pro
unit.
What I'm trying to say is that I'll have one Detector for all-around use and one for gold detecting plus my gold pans to use if I'm near water.
I can't afford the Minelab detectors. They are great for finding Gold but are complicated to use. I just need all the help I can use with
these detectors when I'm not near water. My personal choice is to pan for the gold since I have always found gold in small quantities.
I know where their might be some old valuable coins in the Coeur D' Alene area and that's where my Bounty Hunter Platinum alias Teknetics Omega
8000 comes into play.
Another thought. I mentioned my Bounty Hunter Platinum is the same as the Teknetics Omega 8000 with slight differences according to a Spokesman
with First Texas company. The Blacksheep Sports Store here in Coeur D' Alene has a new Teknetics Omega 8000 for sale at $399. That's $200 less than
anyone else selling this Detector. This is a very popular Metal Detecting machine. They sell fast.
Another good detector is the Fisher F70 which sells for about $650-$689 and uses a frequency of 13 kHz which is good for gold and is a good all-around detector
and they are comparing this to the Teknetics Omega 8000 unit, although the Fisher 70 is a little more sensitive but not by much and is a lot more money
than the Teknetics Omega 8000.
5/2/10 I went to prospect with my New fisher Gold Bug gold detector and my gold pans to that area
near Pritchard, Idaho but didn't have any luck. With the rivers running wild and raining half the time
it was impossible to find black sand(magnetite) and I didn't see much Quartz, as you know are
indicators that there is gold nearby.
I got the regular Gold Bug Detector at Cabellas for $499 and it works great. Will detect 1 grain of gold. It's good in high mineralized ground.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg89552.html#msg89552

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 07:53:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah it's a little early in the high runoff areas to try the streams especially with the recent storms, your best bet is hitting the desert areas where the streams don't run year round now. It's fairly pleasant at this time while later in the year it's really uncomfortable to be out digging. Once the runoff calms down head up to the woods

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13710.msg89663.html#msg89663

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: