[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 11:05:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Assembler
Hello
Have talked to a person who could 'Discriminate out iron / hot rocks'  away or off the ground / background rocks say 2 or more ft., using old 'analog type gold master' white metal detectors. 
This by the way is what this one was referring to above thanks homefire.  Smiley

Funny you should say that because I have one of the older Blue Box 5900Di Pro's that can do that, that is a very CoooooL feature.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314987.html#msg314987

Offline Assembler
Bronze Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%

United States

760.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 01:22:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
Ridge Runner wrote:
Quote:Posted by {author}
Funny you should say that because I have one of the older Blue Box 5900Di Pro's that can do that, that is a very CoooooL feature.

Yes it is a neat feature and can work with any frequency analog whites detector.
Can at time make the difference of finding any type of 'Positive signal at all' with heavy iron / hot rocks in general by re-tuning a new 'Null point' on the iron in that test rock. 
Flipping the trigger and pumping the coil on the MXT or DFX is also doing about the same to track out the iron.
By having the rock sample up off the ground one can rotate or flip over the rock sample to 'scan' more of that rock.  Great
This may be about the only way to use 'Discrimination on a older analog whites detector'? 
Just trying to learn if the older 'Analog detector' can also be used with the MXT or DFX Whites detector out in the field.
The older 4" Goldmaster probe is a neat coil.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314992.html#msg314992

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 01:29:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
Ridge Runner wrote:Yes it is a neat feature and can work with any frequency analog whites detector.
Can at time make the difference of finding any type of 'Positive signal at all' with heavy iron / hot rocks in general by re-tuning a new 'Null point' on the iron in that test rock. 
Flipping the trigger and pumping the coil on the MXT or DFX is also doing about the same to track out the iron.
By having the rock sample up off the ground one can rotate or flip over the rock sample to 'scan' more of that rock.  Great
This may be about the only way to use 'Discrimination on a older analog whites detector'? 
Just trying to learn if the older 'Analog detector' can also be used with the MXT or DFX Whites detector out in the field.
The older 4" Goldmaster probe is a neat coil.

Yep, My old 5900 is in showroom condition, you can see it if you click on my profile and scroll down the page at click on one of the photos, The owner bought it new and never used it and stored it in their loft still in it's box with the Original manual.

The only Whites Coil I am not at home with is the 4x6 because of the depth it looses and it is not as hot as the 5.3 ( 6" ) coil.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314993.html#msg314993

Offline Assembler
Bronze Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%

United States

760.00 Gold
View Inventory
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 01:48:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge Runner wrote:
Quote:Posted by {author}
Yep, My old 5900 is in showroom condition, you can see it if you click on my profile and scroll down the page at click on one of the photos, The owner bought it new and never used it and stored it in their loft still in it's box with the Original manual.

This may be more common then you think as this sounds about like the Whites DFX detector this one has as one small DD coil was still sealed in plastic.  The antic White detector and 4" coil was in like new shape as well.  Many people give up to soon with the metal detector they have and just put them in the closet.  Hope this does not happen with me as well as some people do not find any gold for years with there detectors.  Detecting
Sill leaning here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314994.html#msg314994

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 02:00:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge Runner wrote:
This may be more common then you think as this sounds about like the Whites DFX detector this one has as one small DD coil was still sealed in plastic.  The antic White detector and 4" coil was in like new shape as well.  Many people give up to soon with the metal detector they have and just put them in the closet.  Hope this does not happen with me as well as some people do not find any gold for years with there detectors.  Detecting
Sill leaning here.

The MXT has to be about the most powerful machine out there when used properly when it is run like a TDI or a GPX and I had heard many stories about the older machines and how deep they could go and so I bought the 5900 and then I saw what they can do, In good ground no PI can beat them for depth, With the 950 coil it tests like machines with a 15" coil fitted, So If I put a 15" coil on it then any thing is possible,

I want a DFX / DFX 300 but it must be in top condition..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314995.html#msg314995

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:23:20 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline Assembler
Bronze Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%

United States

760.00 Gold
View Inventory
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 09:34:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
This is good to know about the MXT and the older Whites detector compared to a PI on good ground.  Wink
The DFX should be about the same as a MXT except if there is any "Salts in the ground" the DFX will read this type of ground better.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg314999.html#msg314999

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.12
Mac OS X 10.12
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 10:45:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
The MXT has to be about the most powerful machine out there when used properly when it is run like to would a TDI or a GPX and I had heard many stories about the older machines and how deep they could go and so I bought the 5900 and then I saw what they can do, In good ground no PI can beat them for depth, With the 950 coil it tests like machines with a 15" coil fitted, So If I put a 15" coil on it then any thing is possible,

I want a DFX / DFX 300 but it must be in top condition..

I don't know Ridge if you will like it. My experience was (Just borrowed one for a while but had a similar XLT) all I seemed to do was spend all day tweaking the software settings. The menu tree was not a fun place to look for all the variable settings. a lot of button presses required. I guess if you spent a lot of time on it you might find some settings to your liking for certain soils. Too bad they didn't have a computer interface where you could make settings in the computer software and upload to the DFX. All that said I know a guy that swears how great his was until he bought a Deos.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg315000.html#msg315000

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 01:28:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mudflap
I don't know Ridge if you will like it. My experience was (Just borrowed one for a while but had a similar XLT) all I seemed to do was spend all day tweaking the software settings. The menu tree was not a fun place to look for all the variable settings. a lot of button presses required. I guess if you spent a lot of time on it you might find some settings to your liking for certain soils. Too bad they didn't have a computer interface where you could make settings in the computer software and upload to the DFX. All that said I know a guy that swears how great his was until he bought a Deos.....

The XLT is a great machine. I used it for years.
Fantastic in parks and dry sand. Had its limitations (or maybe was the user. Me) with salty mineralised wet sand. I could never get it to work properly closed to the water.
Then I got a DFX,and as they say the rest is history.
NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I always use it on factory preset programs.
The parameter I change is the frequency. The reason been that I often detect closed to a railway station and I can constantly pic up the signal of the passing trains.
Wet sand black sand mineralised ground (I am talking Victorian mineralised ground) no problem.
I would like to get an MXT. One was sold for $700.00 on eBay, but I forgot about it and missed the auction Sad
I hope an other will come up soon. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg315001.html#msg315001

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2016, 06:34:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mudflap

Yes a lot of folks do that, which is one reason why I have held back from getting one or the V series, I can set the MXT from one hunt to the next and I'm good to go, The XLT and the DFX are great machines indeed but menu's wind me up because I just like to get out there and detect.

With the MXT / GMT think about finding targets at the depth it beeps and then it will be comparable to other high end machines, But as I said earlier if you use it like a TDI or a GPX then you will see the difference, The MXT has a Threshold Based Mixed Mode Audio signal response and when used correctly on some targets it can add up to 60% more depth depending on the targets type,

I have hit many coins in my soil in the 12 to 13 inch range just by using the Bleep / ID system and someone I know hit one very close to 14", But that is only one way to use the MXT,,,, Use it like a TDI or a GPX and that will change the depth dramatically and 95% of owners do not even know what it is for or how to use it.

With the Minelab GP / GPX series machines you listen for any slight rise in threshold and that is how they signal the operator that a deep target is present, If you Take Away the GPX's threshold then you will cut it's depth by Around 2 thirds in some cases which is close to 60%+ (66%)  Which makes the GPX a joke, But add a threshold and you end up with one of or the most powerful PI machine in the World, And this is what EVERYONE is Missing with the MXT,

Grab an MXT and using the 10" Coil and Air Test a Quarter and you will get between 11.5 to 12.5 inches The norm is 12", But use the Threshold Based Mixed Mode Audio and you will here that Coin at up to 60/70% more, This is what the 95% of users are missing. Forget Bleep and Dig Detecting train your Ears what to listen for. Some machines might air test a Quarter at 14 or 15 inches but after that the signal is Gone and you get nothing,

Like I said earlier run it like a GPX. It has this Audio system in every mode,, Everyone is craving more depth from their machines Or some new Magic machine, With the Coils I have and learning what to listen for, All I need is a better digging tool not a new machine. I must be the only person in the UK that goes Coin hunting with a Prospecting Pick.

When using this method think " Prospecting" Where just a Boot Scrape of the Ground is enough to Increase the Signal Quality and then sweep the Coil again and if you are unsure then Boot Scrape again and repeat if needed. And in some cases that is enough for you to get a good VDI Signal and if the signal does not increase then it is Ground Noise,

Hope this helps.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63704.msg315006.html#msg315006

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:11:04 am by Ridge Runner »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: