[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 07:25:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Diggsall
A cubic yard of gold bearing material will fill 300 gold pans. A fast panner can go thru this in a day and a half...maybe...if he/she is not doing the actual digging. My metal detector scans this same volume of material (for pencil eraser size gold) in about 6 seconds. Thats right SIX seconds.

Something wrong with your calculations.... my 16" pan (my new on is 15.75 ") will hold .27840 cu.ft, level at 6 per hour (my AVERAGE) that is 1.670 cu.ft per hour, so 1 yard (27 cu ft) will take me 16.163 hours.... if I only do 6 hrs a day it is 2.693975510 days! And I do my own digging and screening, both. (0.25" mesh.)

So much for fast panning! But I will have 2.02 ounces of gold you can not detect with any machine!  Shocked

That is close to $1880.00 US  :Smiley

So there! Brrraaaccck! and its only 97 pans.  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48048.html#msg48048

goldigger

Offline findoldstuff
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 08:10:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everybody- I have benn reading way too much and my mind is churning- PPM using nanotechnology picking up diamonds- there has got to be something that gold gives off- that is overlooked. NASA overlooked oil on satelitte images - that is until 2/2009!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48065.html#msg48065

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 08:45:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

God has been working on the Earth for a long long time.

I've found Gold 100ft above the River path.

Here in New Mexico and in Arizona some people just don't realize that the same thing happened a long time ago.

The gold was Washed, Eroded and busted out of the Veins a million years ago just like it's being done today.

New Mexico, Arizona was under water at one time.

Over the Million years or so , the Rain, Wind and time has continued to Erode the Rocks.

In south western new Mexico there are Nugget Fields that have little or no indication of where the stuff came from.

The mountains it came from have been worn down to little Nubs of what they were.

A good Detector in the middle of no place is your freind! Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48080.html#msg48080

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
God has been working on the Earth for a long long time.

I've found Gold 100ft above the River path.

Here in New Mexico and in Arizona some people just don't realize that the same thing happened a long time ago.

The gold was Washed, Eroded and busted out of the Veins a million years ago just like it's being done today.

New Mexico, Arizona was under water at one time.

Over the Million years or so , the Rain, Wind and time has continued to Erode the Rocks.

In south western new Mexico there are Nugget Fields that have little or no indication of where the stuff came from.

The mountains it came from have been worn down to little Nubs of what they were.

A good Detector in the middle of no place is your freind! Wise

AMEN! Is a good way to end that.

In BC, there are what are called "tertiary rivers" buried under glacial till. They do not necessarily run in the same direction as today's rivers.... and often have gold, coarse gold and NUGGETS! Sometimes you can look at the land and see where those rivers lie, because of subsidence, but usually they are invisible until a modern stream cuts the old channel. The gravel is almost always white!

I will look through my Google earth photos and post an example of the white gravel.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48450.html#msg48450

goldigger

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:22:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is one FINE discussion. Great
I'm learning  Teach
I'm getting ideas Idea
And I'm laughing and enjoying Grin
Ingot gold really resonates at 2 megahertz? Cheesy

Thanks guys

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48453.html#msg48453

KD

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 11:46:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kendavid
And I'm laughing and enjoying Grin
Ingot gold really resonates at 2 megahertz? Cheesy

You're poking fun at people who asked legitimate questions here, mate. They got the best answer they could without going into too much detail that would mask what they needed.

Gold does resonate. But here's the rub. EVERYTHING has a resonant frequency. When that resonant frequency is reached, detection of that substance by the frequency alone is impossible because the material absorbs it completely while in resonance. Most people believe that making an item resonate somehow makes it detectable. The opposite is the real fact. At resonance, an item emits nothing at all. Zero.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48463.html#msg48463

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 12:23:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You're poking fun at people who asked legitimate questions here, mate. They got the best answer they could without going into too much detail that would mask what they needed.

Gold does resonate. But here's the rub. EVERYTHING has a resonant frequency. When that resonant frequency is reached, detection of that substance by the frequency alone is impossible because the material absorbs it completely while in resonance. Most people believe that making an item resonate somehow makes it detectable. The opposite is the real fact. At resonance, an item emits nothing at all. Zero.

Goldigger1950;

Firstly, I am in agreement.

However, I have a question: have you, personally, experimented with the resonance of metals and observed the absorption of energy, at resonance?? Or are you quoting someone else's experiments?

I know I could not do that, I do not have the equipment, for one thing and space for another.... I am just curious.

goldigger.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48469.html#msg48469

goldigger

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 01:38:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not poking fun at anyone GoldDigger1950. I sincerely enjoyed the post and was being appreciative of the things I was learning. My comments were intended as compliments on a post well done! Sorry if you took it wrong. Smiley The laughing I was doing was because of the great sharp wit of the posters. These guys are great.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48475.html#msg48475

KD

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 02:15:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Goldigger1950;

Firstly, I am in agreement.

However, I have a question: have you, personally, experimented with the resonance of metals and observed the absorption of energy, at resonance?? Or are you quoting someone else's experiments?

I know I could not do that, I do not have the equipment, for one thing and space for another.... I am just curious.

goldigger.

I once was contracted to design a device to extract gold from seawater. The experimentation led me to resonance on several occasions and I did personally determine that at resonance all energy is absorbed. Just like in a tuned circuit in electronics. An ideal resonant circuit with no losses will continue to resonate (oscillate) forever since no energy leaves the circuit. As we all know, there is no such thing as a perfect circuit so the losses cause the oscillation to diminish over time. In gold, the resonance occurs only at the precise frequency and only as long as it is being irradiated. At the molecular level though, the gold atom is always at resonance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48479.html#msg48479

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 02:16:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kendavid
I'm not poking fun at anyone GoldDigger1950. I sincerely enjoyed the post and was being appreciative of the things I was learning. My comments were intended as compliments on a post well done! Sorry if you took it wrong. Smiley The laughing I was doing was because of the great sharp wit of the posters. These guys are great.

Sorry to offend. It appeared to be different to me. My mistake.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7264.msg48480.html#msg48480

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: