[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ToddB76Topic starter
Copper Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Garrett Ace250, White's Classic ll, Tesoro Bandido ll uMax and Compadre
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Friends,

Attached is a photo of a book I heartily recommend to anyone who has a metal detector with manual Ground Balance and is having some difficulty understanding what it does and how to set it properly.

The book is titled The Complete, Unabridged Zip Zip, authored by Larry Sallee. It was copyrighted 2004 and published by VENTURE WEST, Lake Havasu City, AZ, U.S.A. This book is a compilation (with updating) of two earlier books by Mr. Sallee Zip Zip, Mastering Your Metal Detector and Zip Zip, the Advanced Course.

Although the focus of the book is on locating natural gold, much of the information can be applied to metal detecting in general. For example, see the section under subtitle Ground Balance on page 29.

In addition, if you are a little confused about the proper order/sequence for setting Threshold, Sensitivity (Gain) and Ground Balance, look at the information under subtitle Threshold on page 20 and then the paragraph directly above the subtitle Ground Balance on page 29.  Compare these two references and catch the inference in regard to the proper order of setting those three controls.

I think you will agree that the book was well worth purchasing.

HH.........ToddB64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garrett Ace 250, White's Classic ll, Tesoro Bandido ll uMax,Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23250.msg166824.html#msg166824

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

hpqscan0001.jpg

Signature:
Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 580, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:30:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G Day Todd thats the book that i'm after, But if i can track one down then I might be more use to ya

I got the right machines i just need the book

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23250.msg166831.html#msg166831

Offline ToddB76Topic starter
Copper Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Garrett Ace250, White's Classic ll, Tesoro Bandido ll uMax and Compadre
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
JANJANMAC on 4-28-2011:
In our prospect treasure hunting site here in Sarangani Province , Mindanao Philippines there are sea corals and other stones from the sea on top of the mountain which looks like bottom's up ship. And according to the old man helping me , in this place the Japanese planes hides when US plane tailed them during WWII. And one of his friend(deceased) told him that they are the one told by Japs tocarry a boxes believed to be gold bars in the tunnel of this mountain. Can you help me on it. Pls.. (janjan.macailing@yahoo.com)

JANJANMAC ,

Sounds exciting !

What kind of help do you need ?  Can you be more specific ?

ToddB64

Posted on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:26 PM
Hi Ridge Runner !

I checked W&E Treasures Book Mart and they said The Complete, Unabridged Zip Zip, by Larry Sallee is currently out of print. Abe Books didn't have it on hand either (They are usually a good source for old out of print books.). You might find it by checking with other book dealers/retail stores, or by sending an inquiry to the publisher. Their e-mail: venturewest@npgcable.com.  Or a letter to the publisher's mailing address: VENTURE WEST, 3961 Window Rock Drive, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406.

Mr. Sallee's full name is: Lawrence D. Sallee, but I don't have his current home address or phone number. I Googled "Larry Sallee" and got an address search website.....they wanted $1.95 for the search if you want to go that route.
Good Luck !  Wink  ToddB64

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
G Day Todd thats the book that i'm after, But if i can track one down then I might be more use to ya

I got the right machines i just need the book

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23250.msg166878.html#msg166878

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:06:58 pm by ToddB64 »

Signature:
Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 580, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:23:45 am »