[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SLYMANUSTopic starter
Pull Tab

Archaeological Researcher
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:29:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have found out that there is a Napoleonic battle field not too far from where i leave. So I am thinking of going there and see what I can come up with.
However I have never done relic or battle field hunting before. So I fully realize that I do not know how to proceed. Undecided
 Is there any tips that you guys can share as far as what would be hot spots or how to go through the battle grounds? what setting should I use and what disc...
Thank you so much in advance
Sylvie

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9236.msg58104.html#msg58104

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sylvie, the first order of business is establishing ownership of the site. If on public land, make sure it isn't a protected or heritage site. On private land, get permission.

Secondly, before you go you need to establish if the land has been plowed or if it has been re-landscaped. Probably not but it does pay to check. Next is a trip to the library. Napoleon was a strange man. He had artists along to capture his battles in great detail while in great peril. There might be a few pictures of your site to give you ideas about the placement and position of troops.

Battles tended to be a lot less organized than they are in the planning. Afterwards, the soldiers from both sides would wander about and dispose of the dead and remove the injured. Lost objects could be just anywhere.

Enjoy yourself and get back to us when you find some things.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9236.msg58105.html#msg58105

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline SLYMANUSTopic starter
Pull Tab

Archaeological Researcher
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:53:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you so much. What I have seen from Google earth is that they have build a freeway going through the grounds.These I am guessing are public land and I should be ok to search around the freeway. there is also a lot of private fields there so I will try to get some permissions to hunt there. As far as pictures do you think I could find then on the web perhaps? I have a battle plan that I have found on the web and it shows where the troops on both site where supposed to be.  Fight

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9236.msg58108.html#msg58108

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: