[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FlowerOfTheSeaTopic starter
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:28:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello, I am new to this site, as of today. I got a newsletter, so I must have found it before, lol. But anyway, back when I was 10 years old. I lived in Plano, Texas. I had just read Treasure Island or something and was all stirred up about finding buried treasure, so, I went into the back yard and looked around. Well, behind the house was a large field of corn. No possibilities there. There was, however, a small tree at the rear yard boundary. I never, at the time, had much imagination, but being all stirred up from the book, said to myself. Self, that is the tree that has a mark on it, signifying the buried treasure. I took a look around the tree and couldn't find any X, but found some manmade mark and said, okay, this is it. I dug under the mark, which was close to the trunk of the tree, and lo and behold, about 6-10 inches down, I found a brass expanding telescope. I think it had 4 sections. Had a keyhole shapped hole for your eye. Had a shade to pull out to block the sun on the end. Also, had felt like material on the end of each section apparently to keep it from damaging the glass when you shut it. It seemed really old when I found it (back about 1963-1966). I tried to look it up on the internet in the last few years, but failed to find anything similar. Not very good tracker apparently. It has disappeared since then.
My email said I got a reply to my post here, but, I can't seem to find it. Thanks just the same. I posted in the wrong place, so maybe the reply is there.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14774.msg94437.html#msg94437

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you got an e-mail saying you had a message, check under the message area. Unless you select the "Receive a Topic Reply Notification" at the bottom of the reply box, you won't be notified of a reply like mine here. But, it's a default to get a reminder of an incoming Message.

If you want help in identifying an object, you really ought to post a picture of it as an attachment. You can do that even as a new user by using the Reply feature rather than the Quick Reply box.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14774.msg94486.html#msg94486

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline FlowerOfTheSeaTopic starter
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:28:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the info. Just learning my way around the site. I would post a photo, but like I said, it has since disappeared and I went through a pretty bad divorce. She may have it for all I know, but sniff sniff, I will get over it. lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14774.msg94515.html#msg94515

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: