[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 04:30:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There are some words and numbers that shouldn't be taken literally.  Like the number 40...it means a "sufficient amount of time".  If these numbers can be wrong, then other numbers can be wrong.  Interpretation can be wrong.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg112079.html#msg112079

Offline beamwalker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Soon to be 6000di pro
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 06:42:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good to see interest in the Bible. Many are busy with their personal lives and have no time to look into God's word. Whatever version you decide to use it is very important to do our best to live by those guidelines and keep consulting God's word for situations that affect us. One issue i have with many translations is the removal of God's personal name Jehovah. In the original manuscipts the tetragrammaton or 4 Hebrew letters YHWH appear around 7000 times. In the older KJV God's name appears just 4 times. How would you feel if you wrote a letter to your family freely using your personal name thruout and later in history as the letter is copied and passed down thru the generations you find your name is removed and replaced with a title like man? Seems reasonable that a God that would give his only begotten son to die for us has deep feelings and would also have feelings about how His name is used/not used

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg211996.html#msg211996

Offline wb4rav
Bronze Member

Any day detecting is better than a day at work
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 1100, Cen-tech pinpointer, Bounty Hunter 2200 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Bounty Hunter pinpointer
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As an old fashioned, independant, misionary baptist preacher, I still use and promote the KJV. as for the NIV they removed over 68,000 words from the bible and also removed the blood. The KJV has stood the test of time whereas the others have not. As for being able to understand the kJV, it was written at a 6th grade level. the NIV was written at a 12th grade level. ust  sayin'.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg212026.html#msg212026

WB4RAV

Offline beamwalker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Soon to be 6000di pro
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I too have KJV which i use. The 1611 version. Some of that old English such as thee thou thoust hath and other words that are no longer in use can make things very confusing. Some scripture comparison can make things confusing also. For example compare Psalms 11:5 with Mathew 11:12. And how do you understand Psalm 88:13? 1 Corinthians 10:25, Mark 2:3, 1 Samuel 8:12, Judges 2:14, Exodus 9:31, Genesis 31:7. What is the meaning of those words used in the scriptures? KJV 1611 can be quite difficult to understand if its using ancient English. What about Bibles in other languages for tjose that dont speak English? They are not always Kjv but written in their languages so they can understand the scriptures. Just sayin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg212047.html#msg212047

Offline coloma gold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

1065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

VX3, DFX300
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I usually find that "My bible is better than your bible" isn't the issue. I find that most people don't ever read the bible regularly. I use the NIV. I have used the KJV. No matter which I use, the issue is, " I DO read it" regularly. Personally, I like (for easy of reading) to read the NIV each morning. Although I have read the NIV throughout, each time I read it, it tells me something new. It's not that the words are different but it is because I AM different. Each day we all grow and change and therefore the message of God affects us differently... we see things from a different perspective. I think anyone who reads the KJV, American Standard, NRKJV, NIV or any other 'acceptable' version (AND BELIEVES) will be on the right path.... Coloma Gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg212052.html#msg212052

Offline beamwalker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Soon to be 6000di pro
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 07:24:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good to see there are those that do read Gods word daily. Very important to do so. I especially like the words at Ephesians 4:5

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg212068.html#msg212068

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 11:36:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No, your not wrong & either are most of the other guys here!

Yes there is a difference in what version one uses. Many have translational & word meaning errors with in them & one version doesn't contain any.

So the question is while many are not aware that the version they use contains error, one day with a true desire to find the truth, hopefully they will end up at the 1611 KJV and be able to see and understand the differences.
My main reason here isn't to discount or put a specific version in a lower light, but I do know this topic quite well and I've studied the various versions for some 20 years and compared them side by side with what I believe to be the only 100% error free word of God in the KJV1611.

You see, there is only one Holy Bible that was and is the inspired word of God without error & that according to the scriptures is the authorized version, or the "received text" also known as the 1611 KJV. This Holy Bible "Book" is also the only version that isn't copyrighted!  (That alone when one reaches a level of knowledge and knowing what that means should tell you something very important)

Who & what, is a qualified Biblical scholar?
Many modern day so called and commonly accepted Bible scholars who have wrote on the Bible version controversy are not actually qualified to make such reports as they have done for generations. The reason being, most of the so called scholars that try to make amends for these other versions that are in error actually use them and are in reality promoting corrupted text. (Satan has his workers here on earth who masquerade as true Christains or Bible Scholars, just as God does and has had) The question is, who are you going to believe?

You don't or shouldn't take some bodies Else's word on such an important topic as this is no matter who they are or what title they may have or hold, just as you don't take a strangers word telling you how to raise your family. You need to make a judgement on this topic for yourself & that can only be done by self examination through prayer and asking God to help reveal the truth unto you.

(You make sure your windows & doors are locked when you leave the house or go to bed right? Then why would you ever take some body Else's word for it when it comes to your salvation and your eternal security?) You need to check it out for yourself to see if these things are true & God tells you to do this very thing in his own Holy Word.

Sure, were talking about word translations and word meanings, but when you change & remove specific words and change them to some other word that some Scholar may think sounds better, what has happened is the whole meaning of a doctrinal teaching and guideline has been changed, yes sometimes very subtile changes that may look Innocent, but they are changes to what God has already spoken & wrote.

There are many reasons many use to promote the other versions of the Bible, but they contain error in every important doctrinal area that takes away from the Core doctrine of the shedding of blood for the remission of sin mainly, as well as the profession of faith in like kind.  I believe that these other versions do contain much of the word of God, but are not 100% the inerrant word of God. (In other words, theres enough of the gospel in them to show the plan of salvation & a majority of Biblical truths and even doctrinal bedrock, but not completely and without error.)

I come from the old school, and just as not every road leads to a specific destination, neither do all Bibles lead to Salvation. The KJV 1611 is without any error and that can and has been proven. The other versions, some very close to the KVJ1611 while containing much of the true gospel as written, and being easier to read and understand some say as for reasoning, have important bedrock doctrine missing and other areas where its added to.

Read the last book of Revelation, God mentions about removing & adding to his word....He also says in the beginning was the Word & the Word became flesh. So then, God states and puts his (Word above his own name) in that they are the one in the same, but his Word is the pinnacle of Importance.

Those are my beliefs, and I hope that some will compar the KJV1611 with the version they use, and look at the Scripture and story in ACTS Chapter 8, where the conversation of (philip and the eunuch) are taking place, speaking about what hinders him to be Baptised...Read this closely and with an open heart after prayer.

Thanks,
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg216950.html#msg216950

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:09:30 am by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline coloma gold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

1065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

VX3, DFX300
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

One problem for many who try to read the KJV is the 'style' of writing and use of 'old' language that, quite frankly, not many people understand. As such, people attempt to read the KJV and become discouraged in the 'attempt' to read and understand it. That is, in my opinion, the reason for newer versions with use of more modern language. Are there errors in the newer translations? Perhaps. Are they monumental? Depends on what you call monumental. I would rather have someone read the newer versions than not read at all. My son is a pastor and went to seminary and learned greek and hebrew. Everytime he gives a sermon, he researches the hebrew and greek text to make sure that his sermon is following the scripture. He doesn't merely rely on the KJV. I appreciate your study and views and endorsement of the KJV. However, I cannot say that it is without errors also. Coloma Gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg216951.html#msg216951

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 11:58:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Coloma Gold,

Yes I know what you mean and I understand that, and while that may seem right its a thing you and everyone else has to think about and care about enough, to research and answer for themselves if they are concerned about the truth.
I understand what you and many others reasoning is about comprehension of the terminology.

1st of all, I commend you & your Son for being the type of person he is & for entering into the Ministry!

The truth is, the old English is easy to understand, so easy a child understand it easier than hard modern English designed for & by Scholars.  There's really nothing hard to figure out with word meaning in the KJV1611, and when in doubt just use the concordance and dictionary with in.

My Dad & I have been in the Ministry since 1980 and always will be, and concerning the Greek & Hebrew?  The truth is, the KVJ1611 corrects the Original Greek & Hebrew. Think of this, God knew that English would be the language of the world, hence the English KJV1611.

The errors in the other translations or versions?
Yes I believe they are monumental in various areas of Doctrinal teachings. You must ask yourself a question: If your not concerned with errors, then how do you know or trust what your reading is the truth in every area of importance, especially about salvation? 

I merely added my thoughts and beliefs to make a statement of curiosity for any that Maya read it, and with hopes to get you or anyone else to think upon these most important thoughts, since spirituality and religious thought is the most important thing we have while alive on this earth IMO, and then comes our families.

Thanks & wish all of you the absolute best in Christ & in all things!
Jim
 Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg217036.html#msg217036

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline wjm4161
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

900.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

1265x det.pro h.h. p.i.,terra x 705
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[wise]GENTS:HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT BIBLE VERSIONS :)OR HAVE YOU WONDERED WHY SO MANY DENOMINATIONS IN THE CHRISTIAN RELEGION? Undecided COULD IT BE GENTS THAT WE ARE "NOT IN ONE ACCORD" Wise MAN SEEMS ALWAYS WILLING TO FIX SOMETHING THATS NOT BROKE :Smiley
          MAN CHANGES THINGS ,BUT GOD REMAINS THE SAME.HE LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR OUR SINS,THAT IF YOU BELIEVE IN HIS SON YOU WOULD HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. Amen

JAMES

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13246.msg227495.html#msg227495

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Jesus-2.jpg

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.