[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Rennes-le-Chateau. Mystery around the missal Sauniere

Posted 1/17/2011 7:55

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.ladepeche.fr/
by Jean-Luc Letitre

The mayor of Rennes-le-Chateau Alexandre Painco assigned for defamation by one of the heirs of Sauniere. At the center of controversy, the Missal of Abbot allegedly stolen during the transfer of mortal remains of the priest in 2004.

Decidedly, the Abbot Sauniere never ending raises many questions and mysteries. Latest, the missal of the enigmatic priest of Rennes-le-Chateau who, 94 years after his death, continues to unleash all the passions and controversies that the assumptions most insane and improbable on the discovery of a possible treasure . Today is the legal ground on which we evoke the famous priest again. Indeed, one of the heirs assigned Sauniere just libel the mayor of Rennes-le-Chateau. The current mayor, Alexander Painco would have alerted by e other heirs of an event occurring during the transfer of mortal remains of the priest, the town's cemetery to the mausoleum of the cultural area nearby, September 14, 2004. According to the mayor, the heir, then the complainant would have recovered the missal of Sauniere.

This transfer at that time had been done in great secrecy and had even mobilized the police. Please note that to date Painco Alexander was not the first magistrate of Rennes-le-Chateau, having been elected in April 2008.
The Breviary, key to the puzzle?

The religious book in itself, is precisely because of the personality of the pastor and the mystery that still surrounds much more than a symbol. If this is the key to the enigma of Rennes-le-Chateau, the missal could be something to work for further research.

But then the case becomes complicated when one considers that the council voted to build the mausoleum in 2003 one year before the application for transfer of mortal remains of Father Sauniere, said the heir. How has this been possible and in whose interest? Painco Alexander and his lawyer Jean-Marie Bourland wondering and contemplating against attack during the upcoming trial. "I consider this rather shabby attempt to settle account with the master of the dirty work will be terminated in connection with the exercise of rights of defense at the hearing," Mr. Bourland ignites already suggesting that exist in this case a plot or a manipulation. "I will establish the good faith of my client," says he still vehemently and combativeness.

A daunting task awaits the court that, in addition to possible defamation, must consider the existence of the Missal of Sauniere and its restitution where appropriate. Nearly a century after his death, Sauniere has left a legacy that continues to grow and that can never be hijacked this one: the mystery.
Transfer of mortal remains

On September 14, 2004 the remains of Sauniere is transferred in the greatest secrecy, to a cemetery mausoleum, built a year ago in a nearby field, formerly owned by the abbot, now owned by Rennes The Castle. A week before the pediment of the cemetery showing a skull and crossbones was destroyed: a skull with the peculiarity that he had 22 teeth as the number of stairs and battlements of the Magdala tower, built by Abbot Sauniere .

Attached picture: Mayor of Rennes-le-Chateau, Alexander Painco. / Photo MDD. Archives. Didier Donnat.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg138077.html#msg138077

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Le maire de rennes le chateau.jpg

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:55:57 am by Luc »

Lucky Luc

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 04:33:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello All

Thank you Luc for the interesting update.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg144861.html#msg144861

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 04:49:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks you HardLuck

Great

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg144862.html#msg144862

Lucky Luc

Offline fredio
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 05:18:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Luc & Hardluck,
              Nice reading these past few posts, but there is a lot of 'what iff's' and 'maybe's' about the whole tomb question.  What if ...the news conferance was held at the Jewish museum, the artifacts were commented on by Dr. Barkay of Jerusalem, Ben is short for Benjamin, to discredit Christianity, make loads of money for the media, who are the main players in the media industries ?..... I was never one for lateral thinking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg148214.html#msg148214

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:02:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi fredio and all

It is true, as I always said that this story is that one wants to imagine as the information was distorted, and often arrange for their author. About Ben Hammott, he said in an interview (I do not remember where I read it) that his name is anagram year for The Tomb Man.

Kind regards

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg148228.html#msg148228

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the update Luc Smiley

While I agree with most that Mr Hammott pulled a con game, the mystery of Rennes was around long before he showed up. I've also learned that just because someone tells a lie it doesn't mean everything they say is necessarily a lie. He was able to play his game because the idea was already there and he ran with it. Did he find nothing and make everything up? Or perhaps find something and make it more than it was? Perhaps we shall never really know.

Strange things happened there to be sure, but it remains to be seen how much was actual and how much rumor and legend. Fun stuff Smiley

The moving of the remains definitely sparks questions. Was it done to protect the remains from possible looters? Did they keep the move a secret until the new tomb was ready, to keep scavengers from trying to loot the body before the move? Was there something to find? Perhaps this was nothing more than "Heritage Protection" (usually does more damage than salvage in my opinion).  This particular quest is a waiting game now to see who makes a move or if no one does.

Perhaps someday I will get to visit the place I hope. Till then this place helps me see the odd and interesting places of the world! Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg148240.html#msg148240

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:53:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Idaho Jones

It is sure that Ben Hammott is an opportunist, after the field research, writing nonfiction books or actual writer of film, he is now Tour operator.

All of this is it being done to enable the transmission of knowledge or all of this serves his ego and especially its wallet.

Still, me first, I confess I thought his discoveries, but in hindsight some cogitation and deceptions were revealed.

Concerning the place of Rennes-le-Chateau, I too look forward to the moment that I could see this strange place. The time of retirement approaches, I hope that  the health will follow for allowing me this.

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg148258.html#msg148258

Lucky Luc

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 04:42:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Who wants the missal of Saunière?

The police court of Carcassonne has declared inadmissible the complaint of defamation filed by the nephew of Father Berenger Saunière against the mayor of Rennes-le-Chateau, Alexander Painco. He had accused the plaintiff in the letters sent to other heirs of the Father, of stealing the missal during the transfer of the remains of the prelate, the cemetery in his new tomb. A fact belied by the dozen people present that morning, including the sub-prefect of the time. If this ruling fully satisfies Painco M., "a wise and just," it raises some questions in its conclusions that scratch, and to say the least, the right of respect for the dead, the inviolability of graves and objects that were filed. Indeed, the court finds that "the act of seizing or taking possession of a lost or abandoned shall not constitute, in the absence of other charges, a libel." A missal, a rosary, a jewel, tucked into a coffin with the deceased to his final journey, they must be considered lost or abandoned, that everyone can appropriate, in defiance of respect for funeral rites, and the insult to the families? Should we now conclude that the goods flush above the graves, according to weather or soil subsidence, can be recovered without the risk of diversion of theft by unscrupulous collectors, who would then be in their right? A decision appalling.

Goog reading

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg202205.html#msg202205

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

On the surface the moving of the body seems quite suspicious. Was there any evidence the book was recovered beyond the suspected motive? Was there really a valid reason for reintombment or was it simply a pretext to search for something? This could be a sinister plot or just the typical government style conservation idiocy. Time to watch bank accounts...  Smiley

Thanks for the update Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg202220.html#msg202220

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Idaho Jones

Everything in this story is blurred, people have turn away a lot of things thinking raise a little the curtain that hides their quest for the Holy Grail. Others hold documents that could be used to solve this mystery.

Great Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20799.msg202441.html#msg202441

Lucky Luc

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: