[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 04:57:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Thanks Luc and Idaho jones for the interesting and thought provocking posts. Huh? Huh? Huh?

That bit of information at least seems to confirm Mary Negri d'Ables was once a real person. However there seems to be no proof of what was actually ever written on her alleged grave stone in regards to the two alleged books used as references. So what do we have a real person and a alleged claim of what was written on her tombstome with no evidence.

Who was the source of this alleged story of inscriptions on Mary Negri d'Ables grave being removed by Sanuire?

Hardluck Huh?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg217748.html#msg217748

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 06:51:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Luc for the information. Her history leaves little doubt as to her existance.

After reading as many versions of the story as I could over the last few days, I have come to an opinion based on the evidence I have at hand which is questionable in it's authenticity. This opinion relates to the Blanchfort stones and stories only. I still believe there is a treasure mystery at Rennes, or was at least. The question was when did the story of Sauniere defacing the gravemarker first surface?

Ernest Cros amateur archaeologist - Sauniere's friend who moved to the area in 1924 after Sauniere's death in 1917. Certainly there must be some mention of him in Sauniere's personal notes or letters?

He documented these stones in 1928 allegedly but his notes were lost to burglary in 1960, which is magically between the dates of the deposit of P of S docs in the national library. No other details seem to be available about the man, so his evidence is rooted in the P of S docs and likely fabricated. It would be interesting to see if any details of his life could be substantiated at all or if he too is a fabrication.

Just as a footnote the Dalle de Coumesourde stone which was "re-found" and photographed looks nothing like the existing carved stones from the story. Perhaps it was overdrawn in charcoal to make it photograph, but I believe it was also created to enhance the myth as well as the horizontal marker.

The only other evidence I see concerning grave markers are the two complaint letters of 1895 and the scientific journal of 1905 

Rennes-le-Château, 12 March 1895

We wish to inform you that, with the agreement of the Municipal Council of Rennes-le-Château, the meeting in the Town Hall at one o’clock on Sunday 10 March, we the electors wish to protest that the decision giving the curé the right to continue work makes no sense and in addition we desire to be freely responsible to tend the graves of our forebears. The curé has no right to remove, raise or relocate any ornaments, crosses or crowns from where we have placed them

Sarda,
Gavignaud,
Delmas,
Vidal,
etc

Rennes-le-Château, 14 March 1895

We are far from satisfied with prevailing conditions in the cemetery. Crosses are removed, as are tombstones, and this said work has nothing to do with repairs nor is there a good reason for it

Baumore,
Rousset,
Bouteille,
etc

I believe the story of defacement is creative writing, taking a grain of truth about Sauniere's cemetary "renovations" and perhaps the recarving of the garden pillar to allow admission of this fantastical code stone as P of S evidence. If he wanted the inscription gone he could have just destroyed the stone or removed it as apparently he did with some others. Just my opinion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218126.html#msg218126

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all

Please find this interesting link concerning the tombstone and "STUBLEIN"

Click here --->

Please Register or Login

http://priory-of-sion.com/pos/stublein.html

Great

Luc

Posted on: 29 March 2012, 00:48:18
Again me

After some research, I have try to find where to find the book of Eugene Stublein, it's effectively deposit on the BNF (National Library of France) .

The link here:

Please Register or Login

http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/RechercheEquation?TexteCollection=HGARSTUVWXYZ1DIECBMJNQLOKP&TexteTypeDoc=DESNFPIBTMCJOV&Equation=IDP%3Dcb331846158&host=catalogue

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218193.html#msg218193

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Bnf.jpg

Lucky Luc

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 02:38:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Interesting stuff keep up the good work Great

So from this we could conclude that story of Saniure defacing the grave stone was a work of fiction? The book attributed to as a reference was fabricated most likely connected to Piere Plantard Hoax. Clearly the history of Mary Negri d'Ables of real but a elaborate hoax wound around a real person.

Well done great bit of detective work Great

Perhaps we have to look deeper into the alleged Scrolls Saniure found? There is as far as I know there no photograph of the alleged documents only alleged hand drawn copies of the alleged documets?

Who was the orginal source of the story of Saniure finding the documents?

Thanking you all in advance.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218200.html#msg218200

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 06:44:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I haven't had much time to look into this yet and I still am working on it, but a couple of things trouble me about the scrolls.

An alleged quote from Madame Leontine Marre, an alleged contemporary of Sauniere:

"They (the journalists) never write my words in their papers, they always write about scrolls found in the altar’s pillar, and I never talked about such a thing!"

Meaning she never told them about scrolls or she never saw or heard of them?

The two scroll copies available to view are suspicious to me as one is signed PS in an identical fashion to the alleged horizontal gravestone and the other has the word sion at the bottom. If the scrolls really existed I believe they are not what we are being shown. My reasons for believing this are that the scrolls name drop historical figures, but are ambiguous on location. It doesn't make sense unless what you are trying to do is create  a yama syndrome.

Here's a fun conspiracy theory for you; Was the whole P of S scheme done to make money and sell books or was it meant to be unravelled and create an academic hands off. Once these schemes turn up no professionals will usually touch the situation. Just a thought... 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218259.html#msg218259

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Luc and Idaho Jones There is a old saying never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Wink

We have to be also suspicious of the intentions Noël Corbu, a local man who had opened a restaurant in Saunière's former estate (called L'Hotel de la Tour) during the mid-1950s, to turn the village into a household name. He perhaps did the marketing ploy of the century?

Corbu began circulating stories that Father Saunière had discovered "parchments" while renovating his church in 1892. And claimed Saunière had only found one part of it, so it was necessary to continue his investigations.

Corbu also claimed that Rennes-le-Château was the capital of the Visigoths called Rhedae, but this was another exaggeration: it was Narbonne that held that position. His claim can be traced back to a book by Louis Fédié entitled Le comté de Razès et le diocèse d'Alet (1880), that contained a chapter on the history of Rennes-le-Château?

Nöel Corbu incorporated this story into his essay L'histoire de Rennes-le-Château that was deposited at the Departmental Archives at Carcassonne on 14 June 1962. Fédié's assertions concerning the population and importance of Rennes-le-Château have since been contradicted by archaeology and the work of more recent historians.

Corbu's story inspired author Robert Charroux to develop an active interest, and in 1958 with his wife Yvette and other members of The Treasure Seekers' Club (that he founded in 1951), scanned the village and its church looking for treasure using a metal detector.

Corbu's story was published in the book by Robert Charroux Trésors du monde in 1962, that caught the attention of Pierre Plantard, who decided to use and adapt Corbu's story for his own gain involving the mythological history of the Priory of Sion, that inspired the 1967 book L'Or de Rennes by author Gérard de Sède. De Sède's book contained reproductions of "parchments" allegedly discovered by the priest Bérenger Saunière alluding to the survival of the line of Dagobert II and Plantard claimed to be directly descended from that monarch. Plantard and de Sède fell out over book royalties and Philippe de Chérisey, Plantard's friend, claimed to have forged the parchments as part of the plot. At the same time, Plantard and de Chérisey were also involved in planting fabricated documents in France's Bibliothèque Nationale that dealt with the secret history of the Priory of Sion.

This is where Henry Lincon was sucked in. Henry Lincoln read de Sède's book while on holiday in the Cévennes in 1969 that led him to inspire three BBC Two Chronicle documentaries between 1972-1979, working some of its material into the 1982 bestseller Holy Blood, Holy Grail, that he co-wrote with Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh. The book claimed Bérenger Saunière discovered proof (possibly the Marriage Certificate) that Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene were married and their descendants became the Merovingian dynasty. It was possible that this was the secret of the Priory of Sion and that Pierre Plantard could have been the descendant of Jesus Christ. The source of Saunière's wealth could have involved the blackmailing of the Vatican?

As you see by now the Yama Syndrome has well and truly kicked in. Different people with different ulterior motives cashed in on the notoriety created by Noel Corbu who in some respects to get customers saved the little village from dying into obsucurity.

However in all of this smoke and mirrors there is one small unsatisfactory answered question in all of this. The Academics claim sanuires wealth was from selling prayers. I have not seen enough evidence to convince me that he earned enough money from that to pay for all the work he did the church , villa gardens and town.

So the question and mystery for me still lingers what was the source of his wealth?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218321.html#msg218321

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm right there with you Hardluck.

If he was busy with the whole mass thing, how did he have time to renovate the graveyard, and why would he?

Not one of his adds has survived, if he was advertising so much wouldn't some have been used as evidence? It seems more likely his enemies were politically driven.

If he was trafficing masses wouldn't Rome have been more upset? It almost feels like they didn't want to get involved, or want any real punishment handed down to draw attention.

My current theory is that Sauniere did find something of value by accident and used that to pay for starting the renovations. At some point the money ran low and he worked some cash schemes selling tomb loot, masses, postcards, etc. while he looked for more stashes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218411.html#msg218411

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 08:47:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Idaho Jones

I tend to think along those lines. I would go a little one step further that Sanuire had a sexual relationship with his House Keeper. And that is why the Bishop was upset with him as he rebelled against the vow of chasity in open defience of the church. However he was still a commited christan and priest because he did a lot for the village.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35493.msg218423.html#msg218423

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: