[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ksightlerTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 05:09:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do you know much about wrecks on the Bahamas? Pre 1800?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39903.html#msg39903

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 05:15:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keith . Whatever you do , don't let anybody know when you find something  . I know it is nice to get some recognition but it will backfire on you later . What people don't know they cannot charge you with  Wink .  If you still want to do something in Florida go check the lower West coast . I detected something nice in Cedar Keys  . Can't tell you what it was because there are people  reading these postings in order to get to you .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39904.html#msg39904

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks.... Yes I have read a bit about the Ceder keys and have very old charts (Digital pre 1800s) of that area as well... I really want to move to S. Florida as I love the water and diving looks great. Its great to hear someone has found something.... Keeps me motivated... I own a 28' foot boat and was looking into a towable detector or megnetometer and side scanning sonar. BTW have you read any of Robert F. Marx books (I am reading Shipwrecks in the Americas). Thanks for your insight... Keith and If I do find anything I understand the secret will be buried with me in my grave... Lol Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39905.html#msg39905

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 05:41:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keith  , I bought all of the books that Marx wrote . Why ?? Because I was interested in the man . I knew Mell Fisher and I have the highest esteem for that man . Sorry to say that I don't feel the same for  Bob Marx . He made some money writing books  without giving any specific information . If you read his books  the first part is always the same . After that he will give you some stories that are well known . So , nothing new . Besides that he did some searching in Indonesia after the famous wrek of the ,, Flor do Mar ,, . He claimed that he had found the ship and even offered coins from that wreck for sale . Now .... the man may be hurting for some cash but to lie the way he did  completely turned me off . Nobody ever found the  ,, Flor do Mar ,, . It takes a lot more research than what has been done sofar . With the help of the old royal families I am working on this project . If I find out something worthwile I will let you guys know .  I am too old to dive anymore . Not being rich but not needing the money I will leeve it up to you young bucks .  Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39911.html#msg39911

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 05:56:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks as I long for a good treasure adventure.... I am always up for it being a man of the sea 2o years in the navy.... Wow got to meet the ledgeon..Mel Fisher...I am jelous.. just kidding..  I would of loved to meet that guy... I found an old paper clipping from 1983 0r 84.. he was here in san diego..never knew that...something about lost galleons in the pacific (panama).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39917.html#msg39917

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 06:06:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keith . There are many stories about sunken shipwrecks . Yes they are there , but remember one thing and that is that nobody would point the way to a fortune .  First you do some research . Then you follow up on what you found out .  Do this all without including anybody ( unless he is a real friend ) . If you realy want to find something worth anything do your business by your self  . I have lost quite a bit by trusting other people . I know , when you start you want to discuss the things you found out , or the dives you did , or the things you found  but remember one thing it takes a real friend to share this knowledge  . Regards   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39920.html#msg39920

Offline salvor6
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 07:10:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keith, the known wrecks of the 1715 fleet are all covered by the Mel Fisher Center. You can sub-contract from Taffi Fisher for $1,000 per year but it is slim pickins. The wrecks have been worked for the last 40 years. I sub-contracted for 5 years and found very little. The Florida Marine Patrol is always out there checking boats. You can dive but don't get caught with a metal detector in the lease areas. Next time you're in Florida get in touch with me and I'll take you out treasure hunting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39931.html#msg39931

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 07:15:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks salvor..... I am also interested in the bahamas as well.........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39933.html#msg39933

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 07:16:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, I know what you mean... I can keep a secret or two.... Have you done any underwater salvage in the past? What is your favorite underwater/ amphibous metal detector to use? Do you have any old charts of Cedar keys? I can assist you on this... where would a person like me find credible historical information to track down wrecks..?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg39934.html#msg39934

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 02:53:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Keith . You have to read old journals . Dig into libraries . read travel documents . check newspaper articles out of the time of wrecking .  Read  Dave Horners  book ,, Ship Wreck ,,    maybe  also  ,, The Buccaneers of America ,,  by  John Esquemeling .  Even if you find just the least little bit of information in a book , reading it has been worthwhile .  Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6617.msg40030.html#msg40030

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:55:26 am by Cornelius »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: