[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40152.html#msg40152

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

realfrol.jpg

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger . How about the story contributed by KSIGHTLER ( above ) . Are you still maintaining I am wrong in my conclusions .  Regards  Cornelius    ( why not ask Tony Wells )

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40155.html#msg40155

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 05:32:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

None of what he posted makes it impossible to believe. Neither of you were there with Robert Marx and you have no real idea. You are guessing and using your guesses to create a disturbance here. That seems to be your style. You appear to enjoy the controversy. Or perhaps you feel somehow immune to truth. Instead you make up your own so called facts based on pure speculation. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, that you have posted here disproves Robert Marx' claim.

Why not, in the future, just say you do not believe his claim instead of libeling him? Instead of calling him a liar, take the high road and simply say that you find it hard to believe  because of . . .

It makes far more sense than claiming you want to set the record straight. I can make the same argument that I want to set the record straight about Robert Marx NOT being a liar, as you claim. Yet you dismiss that and deny having deleted my posts about Dell. Tsk, tsk, tsk . . .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40156.html#msg40156

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 05:38:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey mate... not calling him a liar.... but the story is a bit fishy... Hopefully you travel to the straits and you will know what I mean.... Good Day =)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40157.html#msg40157

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Golddigger . You should go into politics . I call a spade a spade . No nice turning around the facts . A liar is a liar !  You may say he is stretching the truth .. That however is not my bag .  Like my son in law tells me time and time again ,,  I calls them as I sees them ,, . Why are you trying to stirr up trouble ? Why is Robert Marx not defending himself  . Why Huh??? Because he knows I am not too far from the truth . But.....I think we should stop these arguments  . You cannot see it any other way than your way  . So  ....my friend have it your way . I have a lifetime of experience behind me  . How much experience do you have  . Just curious !    Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40158.html#msg40158

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 06:13:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Are you daft? Calling him a liar is libel. It is not calling a spade a spade, as you put it. If he SAYS he found it and you do not believe him, simply say that. Calling him a liar is the beef I have with you. Control yourself. You should be old enough to do that.

Why is he not defending himself? Who knows? Perhaps he considers you an insignificant bully. Perhaps he is not a member of this forum. Who knows?

Do not even pretend to compare our experiences, mate. It is quite clear to me that none of them helped you along the way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40162.html#msg40162

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger.  I have done just as much as Marx ever did . The difference is he wrote books about it while I kept a low profile .  I worked with quite a few big guys . No need to call them by name .  Well one I like to call  because most of you guys never heard about him and that is Dr Hans Hass . And believe me  , if Marx wanted to contact me he  could . I am not that un-known in the salvage business .  But tell me , what do you want me to do ?  I have the same age as Marx so to me he is not a mentor . He is just a guy to make a living . Stretching the truth a little here and there will sell copy . Hey who cares . But to make a statement that you found the Flor do Mar ( and believe me this is the right name for that ship ) is going a little too far in my book . How come you dont use all that money you found on that ship to retire on .  franckly I want to stop this argument because it is all old news to me . The only one that made a good posting is Keith .  Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40167.html#msg40167

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 06:52:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It seems some of the clues actually point further south: Aru
but some North:

Pasai, also known as Samudera and Samudera-Pasai sometimes called Samudera Darussalam was a Muslim harbour kingdom on the north coast of Sumatra from the 13th to the 15th centuries CE. It was believed the word Samudera derived from Samudra meaning ocean in Sanskrit. According to Hikayat Raja-raja Pasai, it was said Merah Silu saw an ant as big as a cat, he caught it and ate it and he named the place Samandara. King Merah Silu later converted to Islam, known as Malik ul Salih, he was the sultan in year 1267 CE.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40172.html#msg40172

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aru (Daru)= Kepulaun Aruh??? There is a river across from this location and what can be rocks... maybe a cannon shot in distance??

First things first? Lets take a closer look at the research S.E.A.S. had to work with, (1) The ship was lost on a rock or reef on the coast of Sumatra just opposite the kingdom of Daru. (2). Survivors had managed to reach the river Pacem. (3)The ships final resting place was that the rock or reef was within a cannon shot distance from shore.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40173.html#msg40173

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 07:02:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There is a shoal area north of Sumatera close to a river as well... But why use the opposite side of the Kingdom of daru as a clue?? If you look at Sumatera north side... Aruah is not really on the opposite side... but I guess in those days navigation was quite poor and could of seemed so???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40175.html#msg40175

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: