[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 06:07:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please stop it now. This leads to nowhere.

Thank you,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40890.html#msg40890

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline salvor6Topic starter
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 05:30:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger I gave you proof from one of the divers on the Flor do Mar that "absolutely no treasure was found" but you refuse to believe it. I also posted proof that Marx does not tell the truth. Cornelius did not delete your post. I did because I found it offensive that you lowered yourself to name calling. I will not tolerate any more or I will delete this entire thread. So please lets act like scholarly gentlemen.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40974.html#msg40974

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

To be quite clear, Marx only says he found the wreck not that there was any treasure found. The point you are making and my point are mutually exclusive. I claim only that I believe him. BELIEVE him. That is a far cry from declaring that he found treasure.

Second hand testimony is also not "proof" of anything, mate. This acceptance of such things may explain why treasure is so seldom actually found. Think about it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg40997.html#msg40997

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline VOC
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2009, 03:59:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Were the diving barges that Tony Wells was on working in another area where they had been looking, and when Marx was hired they used a separate vessel to dive around the reef where his chart said it was ?.

Because contract divers on a project did not see any treasure comming up, it does not mean that none came up.

On page 69 of Marx's book "The Search for Sunken Treasure" published in 1993, Marx clearly states his side of the story and what items they found. ( I dont remember this being hotly contested at the time or any of the parties publicly denoucing the statements, but I could be wrong).

In Marx's book he also says others had worked the site before and after their time on site.

Two thing for sure is that the whole truth is now lost in the mist of time, and main bulk of the wreck has still to be excavated.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg41117.html#msg41117

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:03:44 pm by VOC »
Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gentlemen,

Please allow me to input my two cents here;

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we only recovered one old bottle and a couple pieces of wood after clam shelling two holes (the largest being around 300 feet in diameter and 50 feet deep). We never found anything that even remotely proved those few items we did find were from the Flor do Mar when we were searching for it during that time. If we really did find it, how come none of the other 10 divers or surveyors (Americans, Australians, Kiwi's) that were on that project can't even remember we found the Flor?

Cornelius is also right that if we did find it the Indonesian Government is entitled to 50% of EVERYTHING recovered. How come they didn't get a single item from that so-called 'find'? The WHOLE world would have known about that very important wreck if we did find it.

I was there on that project from even before Marx arrived. He was hired by our boss, Tjetty, as an 'advisor' and getting paid $500 per day for his services. After our survey boat sank we headed back to Singapore with our 'tail between our legs' to demob the project (we were OUT of funds already).

That's the time that I had a 'disagreement' with Marx so went my own way. After that, in a desperate bid to try and recover something they took the boat down SOUTH to Bangka Island to search for the Vansittart (English ship that sank on August 24, 1789). They were down south for over a month and during that time they DID NOT even find the Vansittart. Then the entire operation came to a grinding hault due to lack of funds. Marx went back to the states at that time.

You may say - Hey, maybe they found the Flor during their trip down south when I wasn't there - well, that's hundreds of miles SOUTH from where the Flor was supposed to have sank so I seriously doubt it. Anyway, I personally know the three Australian divers that were there and none of them claim to have found the Flor way down south either.

Well, that about sums it up, gentlemen. Sorry to inform you, Golddigger but this is the truth and nothing but the truth about this serious topic.

Tony Wells
(here I've attached a picture of me (in Orange) and Marx (in White) and two Indonesian divers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg42981.html#msg42981

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

tw_marxx500.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tony, I am a sort of stickler for evidence of the tangible kind, not the verbal kind. That is not evidence. That is testimony. Marx made a statement and even though it is just words, he has backed it up with a few items found but even he admits he is not really certain of the origin. He is willing to admit he is wrong. Imagine that? He thinks it MIGHT be from the wreck in question.

What I see here are a few guys who have had disagreements with Marx all having a moan about his claims without offering any proof of any kind except verbal. Besides, Marx is not responsible for the words of the writer of the show in question. his own statements are not the source of the reporters claims. Sad, but true.

But, you guys will get over it. Trust me on that one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg42988.html#msg42988

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger,

I believe that YOU are actually Bob Marx (or his close relative) here pretending to be one of his loyal fans because no matter what facts we have presented to you here you still believe in this guy. Definitely something is wrong with this picture. I feel that this is just a total waste of our time trying to tell you anymore info here. Good luck to you.
TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43012.html#msg43012

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2009, 09:33:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do you have any evidence yet? Nope. Not yet. I'll wait.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43016.html#msg43016

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2009, 05:03:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

How can you have evidence of something that was not there . Is Tony's word not good ?  He was there with Marx . How come you consider Marx's  word as evidence ?   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43099.html#msg43099

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 06:12:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, for crying out loud. Neither of you were with him. How can you provide any kind of evidence if you weren't there? And verbal testimony is not evidence. It is considered hearsay and not fact. When either of you can come up with a fact that is verifiable, I will change my opinion. Until then, Robert Marx gets the benefit of having come forward before either of you.

Now about that little matter of you representing the Indonesian government? How is that little fact coming? Or not.

Both of you should just come clean and shout, "I don't like Robert Marx and I'm going to call him a liar! So there!" That's the only fact I see from either of you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43107.html#msg43107

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:14:23 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: