[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 08:06:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Tony Wells was there with Marx ( see the picture ) . Tony was there and give you a first hand story of what happened  .  Marx told us a story and you consider that evidence . Tony tells his story and that is not considered evidence by you . Kind of funny if you ask me  !
As far as the representation of the Indonesian Government I don't feel obliged to you in any way to disclose that matter . I am not interested in your private life  and you should stay out of mine . 
As I said before you are just spoiling for an argument . Well you may as well forget it because I am not giving that to you .    Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43119.html#msg43119

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 05:55:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Tony Wells was there with Marx ( see the picture ) . Tony was there and give you a first hand story of what happened.  Marx told us a story and you consider that evidence.

He also provided physical evidence.

Quote:Posted by {author}
Tony tells his story and that is not considered evidence by you . Kind of funny if you ask me!

At least you finally admit that it is a story. Which, of course, is not evidence.

As far as the representation of the Indonesian Government I don't feel obliged to you in any way to disclose that matter . I am not interested in your private life  and you should stay out of mine.

If it was private, you should not have mentioned it. Yet you did and used it as some sort of color of authority when you, in fact, have none. Zip. Zero. Nada. You do not represent the Indonesian government except in your own fantasies. You certainly do not represent them here where this discussion, not argument, is taking place.

As I said before you are just spoiling for an argument . Well you may as well forget it because I am not giving that to you.   Cornelius

Seems to me that this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. You come back again and again but for what purpose? All you do is spout your opinion and give no evidence at all. I want to see your authority to represent the Indonesian government. Simply taking their side against Robert Marx is not enough. Show everyone here that you represent them or drop that from your list of arguments. It makes no sense at all and might just anger them should they ever find out you claim to represent them.

Spoiling for a fight? Hardly. This is a discussion until you lose your temper. Then it turns into a fight.

When you have some evidence, let me know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43239.html#msg43239

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 06:14:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Folks, I see no need for argueing. However to prevents things from getting worse I will lock this topic.

Just my two cents: I have known Tony Wells for a very long time and he is a well respected expert in the field of South East Asian shipwrecks. If gives his version of the story I fully believe him. I have no reason to question his word.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43243.html#msg43243

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
Folks, I see no need for argueing. However to prevents things from getting worse I will lock this topic.

Just my two cents: I have known Tony Wells for a very long time and he is a well respected expert in the field of South East Asian shipwrecks. If gives his version of the story I fully believe him. I have no reason to question his word.

Christian, it's not a matter of believing or not believing. Had that word "believing" been stated from the start, I would not object. You are free to believe or disbelieve anyone here but when it comes to libeling another person who is not even a forum member, you could find this forum in jeopardy over words written by members. When a member says that "Robert Marx is lying," that is libel. When he states that he does not believe him, that is opinion - not libel. No action can be taken for giving an opinion but making an unequivocal statement that a person is lying is not opinion at all.

I have no real quarrel with Cornelius or Tony Wells except that they do not allow for real evidence to be put forth rather than conjecture and libel. They feel free to libel Robert Marx and when I ask for evidence, I get my posts removed or receive threats from Cornelius.

You should be more concerned about any possible legal action regarding libel than about some silly quarrel here. Seriously.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43245.html#msg43245

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 06:30:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Ray,

I am not in favor of having anyone remove your posts. Your post should remain where they are as everybody is welcome to express their views here.

I have only glanced through this topics but from what I have read we have one oppinion against another. From my understanding Robert Marx has not provided any proof for his thesis, has he?

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43246.html#msg43246

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Ray,

I am not in favor of having anyone remove your posts. Your post should remain where they are as everybody is welcome to express their views here.

I have only glanced through this topics but from what I have read we have one oppinion against another. From my understanding Robert Marx has not provided any proof for his thesis, has he?

Regards,

Christian

In the very interview that started this topic, he said he found things that ==> MAY <== prove he had found the wreck. That started a flurry of posts calling Robert Marx a liar, which is libelous. He never claimed to have found the wreck only artifacts which were discovered just prior to the site being covered due to the tsunami. If anyone chooses to disbelieve that, fine. They can. But to call anyone else a liar is not a joke. Words need to be tempered here and opinions about others should be the norm, not accusations without evidence.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43250.html#msg43250

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:57:46 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, to sum this up we have Marx making a claim he possibly found something but not having proof (Proof that what he found really is this very shipwreck)

Then we have a former crew members who says it is not the Flor de Mar.

Hence in my personal oppinion it remains highly questionable if Marx possible claim should be taken serious. Personally I would not give this claim any credit as he has no proof.

But whatever the readers own oppinion is, sure no need for argueing over this.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43254.html#msg43254

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, to sum this up we have Marx making a claim he possibly found something but not having proof (Proof that what he found really is this very shipwreck)

Then we have a former crew members who says it is not the Flor de Mar.

Hence in my personal oppinion it remains highly questionable if Marx possible claim should be taken serious. Personally I would not give this claim any credit as he has no proof.

But whatever the readers own oppinion is, sure no need for argueing over this.

Regards,

Christian

For me, it has never been an argument about the claims of Robert Marx. It has been a discussion over the use of the term applied to Robert Marx that he is "liar" without proof. He never claimed he DID find it, just that he MAY have found it and will go back one day to investigate. The reporter used that word "MAY" very loosely and inflamed the two here who dislike Robert Marx into making serious errors in judgment in the words they used to object.

"I believe Robert Marx."
"I don't believe Robert Marx."
Much like you stated. Either is fine.

Stating that Robert Marx is a liar is not fine. Not for you, not for the forums.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43261.html#msg43261

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline salvor6Topic starter
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950 I don't dislike Bob Marx. On the contrary he is my hero. I admire his accomplishments. I also know he has stomach cancer and he doesn't have much longer. I hate to see him ruin his reputation with such outlandish claims that can not be proven. You should ask Bob to prove that his artifacts came from the Flor before believing everything HE says.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg43519.html#msg43519

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2009, 03:44:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Strange, I just came across this post because the name Robert Marx was mentioned.  I use to be a great fan of Mr Marx when I was younger and he used to write articles for magazines.
When I tried the link the page couldnt be found but then again its an old post and thats why things move on in this world.
Theres no excuse for being late hehehe.
In fact because of the research I do myself especially with King Arthur and Madoc his Brother I recall that many years ago whilst doing archaelogical surveys somewhere in the America's, forgive me I forget where he claimed he had discovered a Roman Gallion.
For this he was promptly told to pack up and leave because it threw doubt over Christopher Columbus being the discoverer of America.
He didnt know about the Madoc story then which was documented because research was concentrated in Wales where Alan Wilson and Baram Blacket were tracing memorial stones to the Kings of Britain to verify their existence.
Im wondering if Robert Marx was to know about this maybe he could throw more light onto his discovery because I dont think it was a Roman Gallion but it could of been one of the 600 to 700 ships that Arthur used to transport his people to the new world as they called it..   Irrespective of what the man claims to have found elsewhere I think he was one of the greats and one I have a great deal of respect for.... Sometimes others only appreciate a mans lifetime work after they have passed away, people forget that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6637.msg58514.html#msg58514

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: