[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goffe
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Jamaica
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

white's surf p.i. pro
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI... computer down in the tropical paradise of Jamaica.. just got it back.. thats why no posts... ANYWAY.. does ANYONE have any reports of on-shore shipwrecks on the south coast of Jamaica..between BLACK RIVER and SAVANNA-LA-MAR Huh? Its 1780's to 1820..thanks.. tonyja

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg173026.html#msg173026

Offline ColinT
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Aquapulse
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The only one to go for is the aquapulse B from aquascan.  Tell them that Cilin Tebbs recommended you and you will get a good deal. Website for info is

Please Register or Login

www.aquascan.co.uk
01633 841117 is tel no.

Posted on: May 14, 2011, 03:45:35 PM
I meant Colin not Cilin.  Its late on a Saturday night after all!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg173052.html#msg173052

Offline salvor6
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 04:46:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

By far, the Aquapulse 1B for simplicity, reliability and you can configure it for land or water. VERY sensitive, it will discriminate gold from ferrous metals and can find a large metal item up to 3 meters deep! Thats what all the professional divers use in Florida.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg173386.html#msg173386

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Salvor6,
the AP 1B is for sure an awesome detector, and I've seen a few guys down in Sebastian have them in the truck beds protected picking up supplies from time to time for the short time I was there on vacation.

What about the JW Fisher's pulse 8X?
That used to be the most used machine for you salvors while diving out & around the reef areas along the debris Fields of the 1715 fleet area?

Cheers,  Great
Jim

Quote:Posted by salvor6
By far, the Aquapulse 1B for simplicity, reliability and you can configure it for land or water. VERY sensitive, it will discriminate gold from ferrous metals and can find a large metal item up to 3 meters deep! Thats what all the professional divers use in Florida.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg181322.html#msg181322

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline charlotte49er
Owner - Gold Rush Guys
Copper Member

Gold Rush Guys
Owner - Gold Rush Guys
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

500.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Wader, Falcon MD20, Nugget Snoop, Garrett Coin Hunter w/Groundhog Coil, Ground EFX MX 200 digital GPS metal detector, Bounty Hunter Discriminator 840
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here is a good site for reviewing underwater metal detectors.  Most have reviews form people who actually use them, features, suggestions, etc.

Please Register or Login

http://metaldetectingworld.com/reviews_underwater_metal_detector.shtml

I'm a Garrett man.  (3 of my 5 detectors are Garretts.)  I have on old Sea Hunter from the mid-80's that still works great.  (I bought it because I heard or read where Mel Fisher said it was the best metal detector he had ever used.)  It's a PI machine, but it does have problems detecting gold under 1-1.5 grams I have found.  (The Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut has the same problem.  I friend of mine had one and sold it for that reason.)

I have over 30 years swinging a detector.  I have looked for just about anything you can think of with one.  From coins to artifacts to gold to even under ground cables when I co-owned a construction company.  

I think it, like most metal detectors, comes down to where & what you will be primarily hunting.  Salt Water vs Fresh, Ocean vs Lakes or rivers, artifacts or tiny gold.  I have been impressed with the Tesoro line of metal detectors.  

If I were in the market for another underwater machine, I'd look hard at the JW Fisher Pulse 8X Pro-Version 2 (with Bulkhead) though.  You can change coils with the version 2 where you can't with the version 1.  Price is around $1920.00  (I also like the idea of having  a meter on the detector.)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg185721.html#msg185721

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:58:35 am by charlotte49er »

Gold Rush Guys - Gold Prospecting Supplies and Metal Detectors

Please Register or Login

{alt}

Carolina Dealers for XP DEUS, DetectorPro Metal Detectors and Headphones and Gold Prospecting Supplies

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:37:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Christain mentioned, the Fisher CZ-20 is an awesome machine and has some features that the older Garrett XL-500 and its newer big brother didn't have which is discrimination which granted really isn't that important or even wanted while diving on site, but on the beach or fine sand for just searching for Silver & Gold, its a great machine.

The new Garrett PI machine I think has some sort of DSC ability if I'm not mistaken doesn't it guys?

Many guys still swear by some of the older Whites PI units today, and I'll not put them down at all....But I think that the JW Fisher Pulse 8X Pro detector is one heck of a great commercial machine too!

Cheers,  Great
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3042.msg186859.html#msg186859

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: