[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tabdogTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:13:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You need to stop crashing post with the BS you spread.

I am tired of you insulting members and ruinning them off,

as you ruin their posts.

If you want to insult someone, insult me here and now.

I am just getting tired of your holeyer than us attitude.

If you want to seperate your self, fine. We are hobbiest.

You can be the smartest, I do not care. Tht is your claim.

Just back off the other members and come at me.

Or remove me as a mod.

You can be a big help, or you can be a real pain. We

never know which GD is gonna show up,

Tabdog

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54214.html#msg54214

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:32:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

TabDog, I am simply answering questions when they are asked. If the answer goes over your head, just ignore it. For those who understand, what I provide becomes useful information. Stop being such a crybaby and participate in the topics instead of trying to be a bully. Look at you here, right now, challenging me to toe the mark. Why? Because you do not like my words? Oh, dear.

I love my Tesoro Compadre (purchased solely because you raved about them) but I don't even come close to the level of expertise and understanding that you have with that machine. For that reason, I don't give advice on using it except to say that it is a great machine. Seriously. You are the Tesoro expert and I respect that. When it comes to electronic design and physical science, I am well educated and retired from careers that required me to be an expert in both. I do know what I am talking about. I'm not trying to prove anything but I do resent it when you or anyone else disputes what I know to be scientific fact simply because you choose to remain in the dark. You seem to believe in fairy tales, mate, not science fact.

Someone pointed to a web page that had the full scientific text explaining why gold and gold alloys DO NOT corrode or tarnish. That page even went over my head in several places. I had to scramble for my textbooks just to see what the author was referring to. But, oddly enough, it was very straight forward, correct and useful. I will admit that it was not for the faint of heart.

I already try to tone down my explanations a bit. I usually succeed but there were some serious participants in the discussion who were ALSO probably speaking over your head. For them, I did not do much holding back. Why are you not chastising them? They disagreed with you just as I did. You started the finger pointing and name calling, TabDog. I replied as I always do. In a civil manner and politely.

And I have not run any members off, mate. That is your imagination working overtime. I will once again say for the record that whether or not we have disagreements is not up to us. Even the best of friends disagree. It's human nature. But what you do about it is up to you. You can either simply say that you disagree or you can continue on with your way of saying that I do not know what I am talking about. Your choice. Even right here you are accusing me of crashing a post when I was there before you. You crashed it. Not me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54244.html#msg54244

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:10:27 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline metal_inspector
Silver Member

Coin_Inspector
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4353.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:38:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tabdog and GoldDigger1950,

Yes, this conversation does not involve me.  I just want to insert some input here on both of you.  I purely state what I have witnessed, and read.  I have gone back and observed and studied and assessed the problematic situation that has arisen amongst fellow hobbyist.

Before I release my statement, I have a few things to say:
1. I have observed a many disagreements and arguments, but unfortunately none come to a agreement.  I have never taken apart of it.  Tabdog and GoldDigger1950, I respect you both very much to an equal extent.  None is better than the other, I don't see GoldDigger1950's comments at the least holy in appearance.  Years of study in the field and out, GoldDigger1950 has got to have knowledge in it one way or another.  Just like you, Tabdog, and your Compadre.  You know that magnificent machine like the back of your hand.  After hours on end, you too have the knowledge about it to explain it very thoroughly.  Whether it is put in enhanced vocabulary or 'fancied' words, it can still appear professional.  You can use small words, and arrange them to appear professional.  I can freely point out any faulty information in GoldDigger1950's comments, but do I know anything about physical science or metallurgy? No.  I have to say that not everyone agrees with another, that is just simply human nature.  We have an dividing point amongst that, and that is diversity.

Please, Tabdog, don't see this comment as siding with GoldDigger1950.  I don't side, I stay on my own.  Rather put, I am neutral.  Maybe coming from a 'unbiased'(And I stress this word to you tabdog, as well to you GoldDigger1950) source, this info may help solve something.  I hope, but I can only dream. 

To my understanding, comments said over the internet, can be a whole different interpretation than person to person in the living flesh.  Perhaps it was the way it was worded? Did it sound that way to you? Everyone sees it differently, so do I. 

It is easy for the accuser to defend himself, than the victim to defend himself/herself.  Mainly, because it is the main belief of the accuser.  Then, the victim has to scramble to try and find him/herself info to guard with. 

Please, I hope that the two of you come to an agreement or settle down one way or another.  All that I have said, and you both are more than welcome to question my comments or whatever, is unbiased.  I simply type what I saw.  Unless you have blunt evidence, then I will decide for myself. 

These comments may appear a bit dull, a little senseless to you.  I don't know, I may just be a dumb 16 year old trying to give input.  If that is how you see it, so be it.  I thought maybe some input might help.  If it makes things worse, I apologize in advance. 

Everything said is unbiased, to my own eyes a purely opinionated statement.  It is susceptible to change, due to realization of any true fact said, and prevented clearly with hard, cold evidence.

I have spoken, and I leave the rest of it up to you two if you have the need.

Thanks for hearing me out,

~Metal_Inspector~

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54251.html#msg54251

-"It is always the mistake of man to confuse insanity with genius"

Asteroids   Ballo   Asteroids v2  
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 10:39:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tabdog
You need to stop crashing post with the BS you spread.

I am tired of you insulting members and ruinning them off,

as you ruin their posts.

If you want to insult someone, insult me here and now.

I am just getting tired of your holeyer than us attitude.

If you want to seperate your self, fine. We are hobbiest.

You can be the smartest, I do not care. Tht is your claim.

Just back off the other members and come at me.

Or remove me as a mod.

You can be a big help, or you can be a real pain. We

never know which GD is gonna show up,

Tabdog

Wo! Are you sure you got the right gold digger??

I hope it was not me that set you off, tabdog! If it was, it was entirely unintended.... if I wanted to insult you, it would be so obvious, no-one could mistake it.

We all know tabdog PLAYS dumb, but is  really sharp! That should insult everyone, but does not seem too, which is OK. I have seen tabdogs veneer of sloppy writing slip... sloppy writing and stupidity do not go with being a surveyor.... retired or not.

I know GoldDigger1950 can be infuriating, at times, I guess I can be, too. It is not intended, by either of us, or any of us.

When someone is deliberately insulting, or seems to be, what is the solution?

I could say everyone has been picking on me lately, and what should I do? Click on a link and avoid the topic? Not a solution. Be insulting? Not a solution. There are no real, clear cut solution, except ignore it, maybe.

Both you guys are important to this forum! Stick with it, please.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54395.html#msg54395

goldigger

Offline farmdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2085.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:42:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

As a newbie the three members I have learned the most from on this site have  been:

(not in any particular order)

-Golddigger1950
-Tabdog
-goldigger

Whatever beef with you have with each other please get over it cause I wouldn't want to see any of you go.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54405.html#msg54405

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:19:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Folks, I beg your pardon for not replying any earlier. I am overhelmed with work right now and was just heading to my bed in order to catch some sleep.

Both of you have been a great asset to this forum and contributed a wealth of information and support to all members. I personally appreciate this very much as this forum wouldn't be of much interest if there weren such active and contributing members like the two of you. The more it worries to see an arguement going between you.

The least I would want, like anyone else on this forum, is to see someone levae it. THis shoudl never happen. Whatever arguement there is it can be solved in a civil manner as we are all audlts and gentlemen who share a common passion and interest.

Hence please don't fight. Try to come to a conclusion and if it doesn't work out for a certain topic then just give this very topic a rest. There are over 5000 people on this forum hence there will always be different oppinions. But if it wasn't for different oppinions then a forum wouldn't make sense.

I have been on many boards and I dare to say that this is a kind and polite place with really good and knowledgeable pepople. So let's try to make it a bit better each day and thus let's not fight each other!

Guys, I admire both of you and this board needs great mods like you are!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54407.html#msg54407

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:35:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Im a noob.

There is no reason for any animosity on here.

You just state your thoughts and let it ride.

No one is at War that I see.

I like and Plan on staying on this site.

I have learned a pile and I hope I have contributed some.

With a bit of luck,  I may find some one that has a Schematic of the Garrett S3 American!! Wise

If not thats Ok! 

I have not and will not ever hold any thing against any member of this forum.

I don't get mad.

I don't get even!

I just want to learn. Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54417.html#msg54417

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 05:47:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This really should have been posted in the Moderator forum.

TabDog has confused the posts of the other Goldigger with mine. Easily done. I hold no grudges, TabDog. Come back with more of your glorious finds, mate, and your tales of the Compadre.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg54428.html#msg54428

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: