[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Quote:         Posted by BitburgAggie_7377         
That's purty much what the Mrs said to me a couple of weeks before I got around to proposing to her 

Did you really propose to your wife while you were on the throne? You're all class, BA. All class.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167027.html#msg167027

I may spend a lot of time in "the library", but I've yet to spend THAT much time there  Mad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167029.html#msg167029

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377

I may spend a lot of time in "the library", but I've yet to spend THAT much time there  Mad

Quality alone time is important, mate. Enjoy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167032.html#msg167032

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 05:28:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Hey I was a member long before i became a Moderator and i still am a member, your above state ment is un justifiable
and all you want to do is buck the system, weather it be equal rights for the Gay Nazi Party or save the children fund
no matter who or what if there is some one who has worked to get somewhere where you are not then you put it or them down.

We asked for the limit to be raised because of smash and grab artists, the information here was made by the members
for the members, and people just come here post crap to get to the required amount of posts and hit the down loads and they are
gone, Now if I did that in your home then you would be madder than Hell and it would be called stealing yet you seem to think
that it is ok to do that very same thing here.
We have asked many times for the level to be raised but Christian out of the goodness of his heart refused to do it,
these people are nothing more than common thieves You have seen just this one example of this, we can see up 50 to 60 per month
You have'nt been a member here very long and the fact that you are a member you think that its OK to call us Cop's ETC
and put us down for trying to build a better forum for its members and to have people here who want to be here, As I have said
before the information here has taken thousands of hours by our members to create and it is our aim to build and protect it
for you and the other 14,000 members, all your posting on this topic has helped you build up you post total,
You would complain if I gave you the winning Lottery ticket for whar ever stupid reason you could think up and seeing as you are
getting all this for nothing ( ITS FREE ) stop your complaining about a conversation that is nothing to do with you and just enjoy
your self and join in with the topics where you can gain things that are useful to you and your goals and  worry about the picture you are portraying about your self to the rest of the world on this forum,

I'm not here just for you to call names and make accusations at and you don't know any of us well enough to start that crap
These COPS as you call them ( Moderators ) are among the best people you could ever wish to meet, they have forgotten more then
you or I will ever know and they are good people to have around and the Key word here is PEOPLE thats who they are People
So treat them as you want to be treated your self or just keep Quiet, Now move on and enjoy what Christian has given all of US

AU

Hi Guys,

Well reading the posts on this topic has been interesting as I also note the high number of people that have read it, so if I may be allowed to add my comments.

Firstly I think DHD is way out of line. Replies to his original post were all friendly and very considerate. Maybe he had cause to be a little peeved and maybe he did not, the fact is the matter or more over his issue was raised and addressed quickly. End of problem.

Comments however that have now been made about the quality of the Moderators etc are concerning as I also feel they are un-founded and un-warrented. I personally have found this site the best forum I have been a member of and I have been on many over of the years. The quality of the moderation is excellent and the friendly nature and respect shown to members first rate.

I for one am very very glad I found this site and joined and was particularly delighted to be so warmly welcomed into a group of like minded fellow explorers and prospectors. Having to post 25 times to earn the right of membership I think is something special and the least people can do in return for being part of this group. I think it only took me two days to meet this reasonable requirement and so I find someone claiming to have joined this site 6 months ago having not done so a little odd.

Keep up the great work, its an awesome site and so far the contacts made have been great. Whilst its a free world and freedom of speech is welcomed as a right I think limits need to apply to whats reasonable.

Anyone wishing to continually bitch and moan about this site should just put up or shut up as the rest of us just want to keep it all on a friendly basis.

Cheers,  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167054.html#msg167054

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:26:15 pm by Ridge Runner »

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2011, 05:59:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldHound, We have some terrific members here and the members that are also moderator have a vast knowledge base
and they are always willing to help, and all our members contribute when ever they can and that is a great thing, because
all these folks just make this place better and better,
We do have glitches now and then but 99.99% of our members are like golddust, Very Rare and just as valuable
and I'm glad you have joined and are part of the team

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167059.html#msg167059

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 06:12:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well said and very professional.

I'm very excited about this forum and in getting to know as members as I can.

Thank you...  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167065.html#msg167065

"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 08:40:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldHound
Hi Guys,

Well reading the posts on this topic has been interesting as I also note the high number of people that have read it, so if I may be allowed to add my comments.

Firstly I think DHD is way out of line. Replies to his original post were all friendly and very considerate. Maybe he had cause to be a little peeved and maybe he did not, the fact is the matter or more over his issue was raised and addressed quickly. End of problem.

Comments however that have now been made about the quality of the Moderators etc are concerning as I also feel they are un-founded and un-warrented. I personally have found this site the best forum I have been a member of and I have been on many over of the years. The quality of the moderation is excellent and the friendly nature and respect shown to members first rate.

I for one am very very glad I found this site and joined and was particularly delighted to be so warmly welcomed into a group of like minded fellow explorers and prospectors. Having to post 25 times to earn the right of membership I think is something special and the least people can do in return for being part of this group. I think it only took me two days to meet this reasonable requirement and so I find someone claiming to have joined this site 6 months ago having not done so a little odd.

Keep up the great work, its an awesome site and so far the contacts made have been great. Whilst its a free world and freedom of speech is welcomed as a right I think limits need to apply to whats reasonable.

Anyone wishing to continually bitch and moan about this site should just put up or shut up as the rest of us just want to keep it all on a friendly basis.

Cheers,  Smiley

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words! They are much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167110.html#msg167110

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words! They are much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Christian

Christian,

Your most welcome and thanks for creating such a great site.

The whole world of exploring and prospecting has been enriched and made that much more interesting and enjoyable thanks to this forum.

I have already enjoyed reading many interesting topic's/posts and just seeing the diversity of members and their locations on here has been wonderful. Maybe as time goes by I will get the chance to visit some from here.

Whilst I only recently joined I look forward when ever I get the chance to log on and see what's going on and what interesting things others are getting up to around the world. The excitement of discovery for me is as real and almost as good when its another sharing their finds as it is when I find my own, only when its someone else its a lot less effort... Hehehe

I look forward to contributing when ever I can and to also learning from others as well. After all who ever says they have not further to learn is either a fool or a lier and I firmly believe you never stop learning....!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167138.html#msg167138

Offline mr-elmo
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

405.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2011, 10:43:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Uhh I'm just here for the secret decoder ring and the free coffee

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167244.html#msg167244

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2011, 10:51:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mr-elmo
Uhh I'm just here for the secret decoder ring and the free coffee

Theres no Cookies to go with the coffee, Christian eat'em all again Grin Grin Grin

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167248.html#msg167248

Offline Clayten
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer 11
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2011, 08:37:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Theres no Cookies to go with the coffee, Christian eat'em all again Grin Grin Grin

AU

This is starting to get old. The last time I stopped in for coffee there was no cookies. What I have to bring my own?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22633.msg167503.html#msg167503

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Jump to: