[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 09:16:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist, the boogie man is a Creole Indian phrase modified to US English. Your watermark on a picture used for fraud would point back to you as the perpetrator. Thus, it is a bad idea. I trust you will be prepared for the inevitable knock on the door? When you offer the bad guys a scapegoat, they take it. No matter whether you watermark it or not, finding out who did it remains as difficult as it always was.

You seem intent on making people take your side whether or not it is a worthy side. I'm not insisting that you take my side at all. I simply point out the consequences of doing as you suggest. You are still free to do it no matter how useless what you are doing is. I encourage you to put your signature on your pictures. Like I said above, when the bad guys use it, everyone bitten knows exactly who did it. Oh??? What's that??? You DIDN'T do it? Prove it. It will be made harder to prove you weren't involved when your name is all over the pictures.

Don't make it easy for people to believe you did something wrong. Even if you didn't do it, the perception is that the images came from you and therefore it must be your scam. Is that what you really want?

Just think about it. Then do it anyway if you doubt my words. After all, you know better than anyone else.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108762.html#msg108762

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:21:42 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[stop] I think the discussion is getting off topic now. Let's stick to the initial question.

I will try to get the watermark enchanced in the future so it will also add the URL.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108766.html#msg108766

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger, the origin of the word boogieman/bogeyman etc has a few punitive origins. One may even argue that it has been derived from olde english.

It may also be argued that you're trying to garner support for your side of the debate, as exemplified by repeatedly mentioning the photoshop filter, and reiterating your stance in different ways. I for one, am not looking any support, nor do I care who sides you or me. Lest you forget, the intent of this thread was to request for a better on-site watermarking method. You object to it, fine and good. I am for it; too bad for those who object.

A little flaw in your logic. If I am the perpetrator, I'd hardly need to watermark anything. Showing original un-watermarked photos would lend stronger credibility to the tale of any "venture". And doubting your words doesn't enter into it. Viewing things in a different way does. Neither does any knock on my door figure here. Net activity can be easily traced should the powers that be deem it worthwhile to do so. I have done what I can to prevent bad usage of my photos; reasonable doubt is on my side (if you want to consider "taking sides"). You may also wish to argue that all this is merely reverse-psychology on my part or an effort to create an alibi of sorts. Go on...if you must! Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108767.html#msg108767

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As this definately goes off topic now I'm going to close this topic.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108770.html#msg108770

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
A little flaw in your logic. If I am the perpetrator, I'd hardly need to watermark anything. Showing original un-watermarked photos would lend stronger credibility to the tale of any "venture". And doubting your words doesn't enter into it. Viewing things in a different way does. Neither does any knock on my door figure here. Net activity can be easily traced should the powers that be deem it worthwhile to do so. I have done what I can to prevent bad usage of my photos; reasonable doubt is on my side (if you want to consider "taking sides"). You may also wish to argue that all this is merely reverse-psychology on my part or an effort to create an alibi of sorts. Go on...if you must! Wink

No flaw. I said the obvious. If YOUR watermark is there, anyone who is looking for the perpetrator is going to start with you. YOU.

You're the one who said it wasn't to do with copyright. You said it was to prevent fraud. A watermark isn't going to stop fraud but it sure will point law enforcement to their first suspect. Like I said. Go right ahead. Put your name and phone number there for all I care.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108771.html#msg108771

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 04:21:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

No no! perhaps this will convince you.     Hey what's this? "The message does not meet the minimum character requirements (50 characters). "

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16920.msg108805.html#msg108805

Xavier

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Picture_wm1.jpg
Picture_wm2.jpg

So many questions so little time

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.