[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Mooda
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Bermuda
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro International
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

Just wanted to say, i'm absolutely new to the sport and have started with the AT Pro Intl. so have absolutely no point of reference against other machines, however, having used it less than a dozen times so far (on private land whilst I await processing of my permit for the public beaches) I think it does very well and to the untrained eye the ID seems to be pretty accurate, having found a few modern pennies, dimes and quarters, spent rifle shells, a shotgun cartridge, parts of an old electric fence and countless bottle caps.  Impressed so far and hopefully will have some productive beach / water hunting to come.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg256487.html#msg256487

Offline dpease
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1770.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

looking
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

the at pro is a good detector but you have to dig everthing because it picks up everthing, dont rely on the screen just ythe sounds

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg256784.html#msg256784

Offline JUNKMAN
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT AT PRO -GARRETT ACE 350
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 05:17:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

FOUD ALOT OF MODERN COINS WITH AT PRO NOT MANY SILVER?!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg264516.html#msg264516

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JUNKMAN
FOUD ALOT OF MODERN COINS WITH AT PRO NOT MANY SILVER?!

Turn your caps lock off when you typing and you will start finding allot of silver.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg264522.html#msg264522

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline About kfm
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
aboutkfm
Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I totally agree about bashing detecting models when many of the bashers don't even own the model they are putting down.
If I have a problem with one of the detectors I own, then I will point out the issues.
I agree the Garrett AT Pro International has a learning curve, but so did my Garrett Euro Pro.
My thought on this is simple, If you don't own it, and can't speak from actual use of it why would
you waste others people time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg274256.html#msg274256

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 05:31:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by About kfm
I totally agree about bashing detecting models when many of the bashers don't even own the model they are putting down.
If I have a problem with one of the detectors I own, then I will point out the issues.
I agree the Garrett AT Pro International has a learning curve, but so did my Garrett Euro Pro.
My thought on this is simple, If you don't own it, and can't speak from actual use of it why would
you waste others people time.

But there again some of us do alot of research in to most models on the market and we also test most brands and read reviews along with knowing the dealers personally and we are often in contact with the makers of many brands, So dont take it too much to heart, The only issue with the AT Pro was the Arm cup not being in the right place and Garrett Put that right straight off the Bat, I dont use one because I just dont like it BUT thats my view,,,,The Truth is the AT Pro and The AT Gold are Fantastic Machines and dont let anyone tell you other wise, They have their Limits Just Like Any Other Machines, Because there is NO Such Thing As the PERFECT DETECTOR, But what we have comes Mighty Close,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg274258.html#msg274258

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well Mate I use only Whites, But saying that I only use the MXTs just because I want to detect not Program,
and to me they are about the best for the areas that I work .........
AU

Same here. I spent more time fooling with programming on my XLT and after switching to the MXT...what a difference. I like the analog adjustments. I learned on old detectors and then they were only analog.

Several guys at work have the ATPros and really like them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg274279.html#msg274279

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mudflap

Same here. I spent more time fooling with programming on my XLT and after switching to the MXT...what a difference. I like the analog adjustments. I learned on old detectors and then they were only analog.

Several guys at work have the ATPros and really like them.

Yeah Mate, I hear ya, Seems like aot of detectors want to restrict alot of what you find, I spent 10 days going over this small plot of land with a Minelab Sovergne the last model and then I got an MXT and it was Like it had never been searched, I found 2 gold rings and a gold pocket watch Bar in a 4 foot area, and the worst thing about that Model Minelab was it has an Iron rejection  that wont turn off completely and it is useless in Iron infested ground no matter how slow you go, and thats a shame really because I loved that machine, and their best model the made was the Minelab Muskateer Advantage and they stopped making that, THAT was just like the MXT but without a Meter,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg274284.html#msg274284

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Safari 7.1.2
Safari 7.1.2

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 09:42:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great roundup and well put.

I purchased my AT Pro when they first became available and before Cam-locks where added.

Yes I had a lot of Ghosting issues and it was very annoying however I contacted the team at Garrett from Australia and they could not have been more helpful.
They used me if I could send it back to there Fort Worth support department which I did.

Originally they replaced the circuit board and supplied a new Cam-lock shaft they notified me of what they had found and what they did to fix it. I then suggested to them that I would have liked to get the International Metric version, so they replaced the whole control box.

This detector works a treat now and I have to say it a total pleasure to deal with the people at Garrett. Having used their products since the 70's I can't fault them at all, very very reputable company with cutting edge equipment which is a joy to use.

Detecting  Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg288564.html#msg288564

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline texhomametaldetectors
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Garrett AT Pro-Minelab CTX
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 05:05:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The AT Pro is an excellent detector for the price. On others forums people are always comparing it to much higher priced detectors. It will work for the novice or someone who has been metal detecting for years. To me it has a very short learning time. I have found several silver coins in the 3-4 months I have owned my AT Pro. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27454.msg289418.html#msg289418

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: