[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:15:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've been having fun today playing with the Bosch DMF 10 Zoom metal pipe, wiring and wood detector today. I originally bought it to trace a section of concealed water pipe, and it did the job under half a minute. So I thought...heeyy...why not detect other stuff with it? It works as claimed on metal pipes and wiring in cement/brick/hollow block walls. I haven't yet detected any wood in cement walls. It also detects small coins and paper clips buried approx 8-10cm in soil and distinguishes between magnetic and non-magnetic metals.

While this device was primarily intended for a building contractors usage, it may prove useful to the t-hunter in old houses and may be used (awkwardly!) as a pin-pointer of sorts when the "zoom" button is pressed. Grin It is auto-calibrating and very easy to use. Its small size lets one poke around in tight places. One small gripe: the felt pads at its bottom soak up moisture like a sponge, and now I have to find replacement pads.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8686.msg54492.html#msg54492

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: