[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mudpikeTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 05, 2007, 06:31:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As a novice at MD'ing & an owner of a BH, I'm confused at the controversy.
I've read where the BH is a fair detector for a beginner, easy to understand,
use & fairly reliable. Mine seems accurate as to depth and identifying the target.
If there are so many problems with the Fisher, why would BH take on this problem.
Is it possible people are upset for spending top dollar for a mediocre machine.
Where do you draw the line between dependibilty & price? I'm asking because
I plan to upgrade as I gain experience, or should i just get a better model BH?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18573.html#msg18573

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fisher detectors ae very high quality products in my oppinion. I've had a CZ 6a some years ago. I would say that it was the best qualiyt machine I've had until then.

The only let down was its pin poiting abilities whoch I had considered to be quite poor compared to other detectors.

However I can't comment on the new line of Fisher machines but assume that they were further improved.

I don't think that you can go wrong with a Fisher.

Especially their depth is very good so be prepared to dig deep holes.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18575.html#msg18575

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:46:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've always thought Fisher detectors were high quality, too. It's the BH that I've heard people grumbling about.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18577.html#msg18577

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 01:37:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It seems that with many if not all brands of detectors you will hear pros and cons, the good and bad, the owner complaints about it being a cheap machine etc.etc.  All models have pros and cons to them but as far as the complaints go you've got to figure that a fair share of compaints could come fromo owners being dissatisfied with the machine either since it didn't perform the way they may have thought it would or due to the fact that it seemed too complicated for them and they didn't take to time to read the manual and/or learn and uderstand the features and setting that the particular model had to offer.  Think about it like this...when you first got a detector maybe you didn't find much of anything but you were learning the machine...the more time with it and the more you learned it then the more items you were beginning to find.  

As far as your question of price and dependability I try to go more with what model and features may suit my hunting habits rather than what the price is.  I'm not saying that I would have to have all the "bells and whistles" around just what features seem to suit my style and hunting habits.  Read reviews and field tests talk to other users and do your research on the models you would be interested in upgrading to.  Talk to the dealers and get the dealers opinion as well.  Ultimately in the end when you are ready to upgrade having done all of your research so that you feel like you are making an informed decision and purpose you will still have to go with what you feeel is best for you and what will suit your hunting style and habits.  I don't worry about how dependable my detector will be next to someone who has a more expensive or cheaper model, I'm just glad to get out and hunt.  

Hope this helped somewhat.

Good luck to you and may you have many satisfying hunts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18599.html#msg18599

Stringfrenzy

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 03:58:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mudpike
Thanks for the info. I've read so many posts as to comparisons between makers,
how 1 detector  say the BH Quik Draw is fairly equal or better than the Ace 250
etc., etc. , or this 1 or that 1. It is rather confusing for a novice MD'er. I'm sure like everything else we have different likes or dislikes of what we expect out of our machines. I figure to learn more first about the basics, keep reading & asking questions. Thanks to all. 

It's kind of like the whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing.  As long as the model you choose works well for the hunting that you want to do and as long as you are satisfied with it then in the end that is the important thing not the price or even the name on the side but how well it suits your needs.

Keep us posted on your progress and if you have any more questions just ask.  As i'm sure you have noticed already we are a friendly and very helpful group here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18623.html#msg18623

Stringfrenzy

Offline draaiorgel
Bronze Member

a pint or two
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Scotland

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F70 & GA 250
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 06:40:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Mudpike,
According to everything I've read about MDs I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what make or model.
The trick is to really get to know your own machine inside out, and to do so one must persevere and practice with it for many years.
I have read many stories about folks with real cheapie machines getting some of the most wonderful finds and all they did was use it for many years.
Practice practice practice, that's the answer.
I even find that in the space of 10 months with my 250 Ace, I'm not picking up so much rubbish as I did at the beginning and I still think I'm not good at it yet.
Consequently my advice would be to stick with it, you can only improve with constant usage and time. (many hours)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18626.html#msg18626

With friendly greetings, Ian and Eileen

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Ian!

Well, unfortunately I slightly have to disagree you with you  :Smiley

I share you oppinion that first of all and most importat the operator must know his machine. If you don't know how to handle your detector any machine won't find you a thing Smiley

However I see quite some differences between manufacturer and models. I have had many different machines as time went by and many of them will have advantages as well as disadvantages.

Bets wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18628.html#msg18628

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline TonyinCT
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Many but mostly DFX and Explorer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 07:07:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

First Texas saved Fisher from oblivion. I feel they purchased the products and name to have a higher end product to sell. BH on the low end and Fisher on the high end. They are working hard to make sure the name of Fisher is still respected and I see the same quality I did when Fisher was previously owned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2266.msg18748.html#msg18748

TonyinCT
WWW.TCMETALDETECTORS.COM

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: