[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 12:56:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alfie we are of the One brotherhood, great minds think alike,

Trouble is that first sip, the rest is the easy part cept when I runs out   Cry Cry Cry

A :'(U

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219175.html#msg219175

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you293

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So true!  So true!!                          Wise  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219182.html#msg219182

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline mortberry
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

metal detector
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Could anyone tell me that does the metal detectors made in china are worth it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg220686.html#msg220686

Please Register or Login

metal detectors for sale

Offline fastgold
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites gmt, minelab15000
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 03:43:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

ouch,I think everybody forgets the amount of protectionism the states do have. ,but it is the old story if you can only afford a vw you pay for that,if you want a mclaren then thats what you pay for,so if you can afford a minelab that,s what you get. If you got jack you end up with chinese and if you can afford middle of the road you probably end up with american,regards mark

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg220698.html#msg220698

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I wonder why companies like White and Fisher and Garrett which are made in America still survive when you can't buy a TV, Computer or any other consumer electronic product that is made here. Anyone care to guess?  Is it because the customers insist on American made or is it because the manufactures don't want to get out of the business of manufacturing and into the business of competing with their own technology?Huh?? Anyone care for a Ipad knock-off?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg220746.html#msg220746

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you293

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mortberry, welcome from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon!  Welcome    Great

The consensus among those who have used the Chinese made detectors seems to be that they are more unreliable and more unstable than the American or Australian made metal detectors.  I have never used a Chinese machine so I can't personally say.  Read back on all the posts on this thread and you'll get what I'm saying.                  Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg220769.html#msg220769

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline old miner
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xj9 pro vision
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Haggin is a little harsh, for using a knock off, what about us guys who love the hobbie but dont have the big dollars to spend ,ie: bills and family. We really want to know what china has in a good comparible detector to start with, maybe after we find a few good coins or relics we can then get one from the USA thats more expensive. When its pay-check to pay-check sometimes you do what you can thanks and happy hunting nomatter what you use

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg237342.html#msg237342

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by old miner
Haggin is a little harsh, for using a knock off, what about us guys who love the hobbie but dont have the big dollars to spend ,ie: bills and family. We really want to know what china has in a good comparible detector to start with, maybe after we find a few good coins or relics we can then get one from the USA thats more expensive. When its pay-check to pay-check sometimes you do what you can thanks and happy hunting nomatter what you use

It's a popular notion to hate the knock offs but they're really not exact copies of any production detector except for the Bounty Hunter models, which are simply relabeled versions of the Chinese machines. We bring the Chinese invasion of goods on ourselves by the consumer demands we place on retailers. Everyone wants to cheapest DVD player, the cheapest TV and, of course, the cheapest metal detector. For that desire, we sacrifice American goods on the funeral pyre of economics.

If you are a beginner in this hobby, it's hard to describe to you the amount of income you will derive from a good, higher priced detector over a cheap model. My Bounty Hunters, for example, are "turn on and go" machines will little of the features of even my very old Groundhog. People who go out with me are thrilled to use them for the ease of use but are not aware of the depth they are losing by not having time to use the features of my far superior machines. My more experienced friends take the time to learn the more complex machiines and find far better targets. Just the way of life. Those more expensive machines will pay for themselves in 6 months time of just weekend use. Imagine how you'll do when you can spend 5 days a week out and about.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg237346.html#msg237346

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline old miner
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xj9 pro vision
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2012, 05:14:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well said, i would agree with you and say the more people get into the hobby the better so lets help them get the best they can from wherever. thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg237348.html#msg237348

Offline 60panhead
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

561.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab soverign xs, and xs-2
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 03:46:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sadly brand loyalty is becoming pointless. Most manufacturers either produce overseas or buy their components elsewhere. Profits have taken the place of pride in manufacturing. Japanese products were inferior at one point and improved to become one of the highest quality manufacturing countries in the world.  Our expectations have also changed. I remember buying a vcr for 2000$ when most people only made 6$ an hour. When you could repair appliances cheaper than replacing them. Asian quality is constantly improving. For those who don't like these facts, Build your own electronics with locally made parts and see what it costs these days. ouch.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg237440.html#msg237440

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: