[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Yanis
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

You are wrong my friend,
The lower the frequency the better the ground penetration,
Regards
Yanis

Posted on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:57 am
You all got it so wrong,
Metal detectors are to penetrate the ground, frequencies are numbers representing the ability of each detector penetrating capabilities based on the fix frequency that are made for.
The lower the frequency the better the ground penetration, that is why submarines are using them for communication, ground penetrating radars same, 1000mghz antenna will give you a better resolution but it only goes few inches or feet under the soil depending on the dielectric constant of the ground you are working with,
a 500 mghrz antenna will go down to few feet, and 100 will go down to few 10s of feet, with a 50 mghrz antenna I personally have detected  a 50 gallon barrel in 50 feet depth,
Regards
Yanis

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60398.msg297482.html#msg297482

Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 05:13:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Yanis
You are wrong my friend,
The lower the frequency the better the ground penetration,
Regards
Yanis

Posted on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:57 am
You all got it so wrong,
Metal detectors are to penetrate the ground, frequencies are numbers representing the ability of each detector penetrating capabilities based on the fix frequency that are made for.
The lower the frequency the better the ground penetration, that is why submarines are using them for communication, ground penetrating radars same, 1000mghz antenna will give you a better resolution but it only goes few inches or feet under the soil depending on the dielectric constant of the ground you are working with,
a 500 mghrz antenna will go down to few feet, and 100 will go down to few 10s of feet, with a 50 mghrz antenna I personally have detected  a 50 gallon barrel in 50 feet depth,
Regards
Yanis

Just to put you In the Picture, I have known Homefire for about 5 years, So The Machines I listed are A Reflection of what type of detecting is his Main Goal,

Which Is Prospecting, Not searching for 44 oil Drums, and the Machines I Listed Can and will see Specks of Gold The Size of a Grain of Sugar,  Homefire Comes from an Electronic Back ground in the Air Force, So he does know what Gizmo's you are talking about,

There is A Cut Off Point where Lower Frequencies are Blind as to what Size of Items that they can See, Hence why Most Gold Machines are of Frequencies starting from 13khz right up to 71khz and the higher the frequency the smaller the gold it will be able to find, We are not talking about gold rings here we are talking Nuggets, and where gold is found the Ground is Very hot in Mineralization which Normal VLF machines will struggle with hence Gold Machines have a few extra Gizmo's to Counter that problem, and If the Ground is Too Hot the you should use A Pulse Induction Machine, and they will find Large Items Extremely Deep,

My Gold Machine will see Specks Smaller Than 0.0005 ozt which is very hard to pick up with just your fingers, But don't let that fool you because they will also find bigger items very deep also,

I hope this helps, Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60398.msg297485.html#msg297485

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: