[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The depth of targets seems impressive. Hope a user posts a review soon.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Golden Sense Detector; Depth Tests on the Beach

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg218252.html#msg218252

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is a new company based in Turkey.  They have but only a few models no doubt copies not sure I trust them and have seen no one who has verified their claims so far its all heresay. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg218322.html#msg218322

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:03:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nokta's been around since 2001, but I guess it could be considered a "new" company if compared to others with a much longer history like Fisher. Which machines did they copy, William?

If anyone runs across a review for the Golden Sense, please share. I haven't come across one yet, probably because the machine is quite new.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg218373.html#msg218373

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:00:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ive been looking for one but dont see anything yet, have check a bunch of other forums also.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg218379.html#msg218379

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Kellyco has them now for $995 and says the regular price is $1300. The accessory kit is $547. I havent researched the golden sense much yet, but I was very impressed with the videos on the kellyco site. I was hoping one of you had taken the $1500 dive first and bought one to tell me how you like it lol. I'm very tempted to buy that detector. Last fall my garage was broken into and they got some of my detectors and equipment. Besides pieces and parts to my old ones, I have the detectors that were in the truck with me at the time. A fisher F2 with 3 coils. A T2 SE limited model with 5", 11", 15" coils. I'm looking at the AT Pro, Infinium, various PI detectors for a deep seeker, semi waterproof detector. I dont dive, but I do hunt in the rain and shallow water alot. I don't mind paying for quality, and have always stuck with USA brands other than my old excal 2. Maybe a new PI of some sort would be right for me? Any suggestions on what you might add to your treasure arsenal if you were me would be appreciated.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg219813.html#msg219813

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:41:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Am sorry to hear of your loss, Avision4u2liveby. I know exactly how you feel, and what I'd like to say about such thieves can't be repeated in polite company.

I've gone thru all the videos I could find on the Golden Sense. As of this point in time, I'm more concerned about what i did NOT see in the videos.

1) They don't demo the machine on nuggets smaller than 5mm. Makes me ask why they didn't test on small pieces of Au and if it's capable of detecting pickers smaller than 5mm.

2) None of the videos show the coil in water, even though it's purportedly a waterproof coil. Does it lose too much depth or is unstable in water? Like you, I hunt in shallow water, and frequently dunk my Gold Bug Pro's coils in salt and fresh. Nokta showed the Golden Gate model work in the water, why not this model?

Unless I can plainly see this machine performing on smaller gold while in water, I think I'm better off sticking with my Fisher. The price point of a Garrett Infinium is only a little bit more than the Golden Sense, and the more I think about it, the more I lean towards a PI.

The Golden Gate's just been released, and I'm in no hurry to get a new toy. Lets see if someone takes the plunge and has the goodness to write an unbiased and frank review of the machine, and if Nokta releases more videos. Right now there are 2 reviews on Kellyco, but I'd rather read something written by other users. Oh one minor point: the manual says that once the coil cover is attached to the coil, it is permanent. That's gonna make cleaning out sand and debris a real pain.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg219893.html#msg219893

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:44:42 pm by Hobbyist, Reason: Corrected typos »

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[detecting]Hello:I saw your posting.I live in the USA in the state of New Jersey.I go to Kellyco website all the time.I did see that Nokta detector.It's funny because I saw you mention you only have bought US detectors.I bought my very first detector a few months ago.I needed a PI detector but didn't have a big budget.So I went to youtube and watched hours upon hours of various PI detectors from around the world.I finally made a decision and bought the Grizzly Twins IB and PI detector from Bulgaria.I ordered it right from the factory via bank transfer.I took a chance because I couldn't find any US detectors like this and since the youtube videos were made by them they could have faked some of the video.The owner replied to my emails and I got a super great deal,assuming the detector performed as shown.You can't use the PI coils in water but you can use the IB coil in water.I'm still getting the feel for it.Let me tell you something,I have not seen any US detector on youtube that can deliver the number of hits I get from the ground using it in the IB mode.Anything that's in the ground you get a hit.I've never seen anything like it.I have to learn how to use the discriminate better.So far I have only used all metal,which means lots of junk also.If you go to a park like I did,you have to stop because every couple inches you get a hit.I became exhausted from digging and stopped.This is in IB(inductive balance) mode not PI.There are a few places within 90miles from where I live that have caches not yet found.Not that I'm going to find them,but you need a PI to go over 3feet,which is why I bought it.Still testing the PI.Will start the beginning of May and begin looking for those caches in PI mode.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg219921.html#msg219921

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:11:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Frank. If you could share your experience using the Grizzly Twins, it would be helpful to at least several people, myself included. I've always been curious about Bulgarian machines.

Feel free to add on to a post regarding your machine:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/empty-t19143.0.html
. The thread starter had specifically asked about the Grizzly.
Or if you prefer, start a thread on your review of the Grizzly. I look forward to reading your post! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg219926.html#msg219926

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree Hobbyist, I like to wait until I see the average Joe's opinion on any new products before I buy. Too many times, they have to work out some bugs as was the case with the AT Pro when it first came out. The coil cover issue is easily handled by painting the coil with plasti-cote (like dipping tool handles in) or spraying with undercoating instead of using a coil cover. I dont like coil covers, the crud that gets in there can mess up your day, and by spraying or painting your coil, you get extra waterproofing. I like good discrimination for many of the places I hunt due to alot of trash. The T2 and F2 both are great at giving me different info to dig or not to dig. I havent used the 15" coil on the T2 yet, so I'm not sure how it performs. Frank1FM, I did have a minelab excal 2 and loved it. I cant remember the name for sure, but I'm thinking a Rutus Jupiter? Was one I liked and tried to buy last year but it wasnt available to us here in the US yet. Share all you can on your machine Frank1FM. Most of us treasure hunters will research the hell out of our purchases, it's our nature lol.  I'll have more time soon to look at detectors.  A couple of pics of what were all looking for  Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg219940.html#msg219940

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ancient ,silver, coins,shark 040_small.jpg
ancient ,silver, coins,shark 054_small.jpg

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline Relicsjoe
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites V3i
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

KellyCo posted a "Field Report" on the Golden Sense detector, but only tested in non mineralized soil somewhere down in Florida.....
Would love to see a review from a Relic or Coin hunter where there's mineralized soil..... Virginia, Georgia, etc.

The video's make this thing seem like it's the best detector ever as far as depth and discrimination go........ Hope it's real !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35810.msg221061.html#msg221061

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: