[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 04:34:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Frank   Yes Id like to know if its as good as the rest. I tried to bring up the Grizzly Twin but found no results. I remember someone ? maybe you giving a report on it some time back somewhere on the forum. I just wanted a reasonably priced pulse for a project as I have had a couple that I sold to friends as they had projects and I didn't at the time. I thought maybe someone could build a pulse from a kit as there were some offered some time back and was around 300$ us dollars. plus putting it together.I'll stay tuned to see what you have to say about it. Many thanks.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg221292.html#msg221292

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 11:27:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've been trying to notify you for a month now. Look on ebay Powerscan 2Pro. I do not have any experience with this one, but the price is good. Have to build your own coil.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg221304.html#msg221304

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi:I've received email notifications of replies but when I click on the link I couldn't find them.Really,really weird.I kept saying to myself this is impossible.I will check out ebay.Thanks

Posted on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:37 PM
I forgot to tell you that you can see both detectors in action on youtube.That's how I discovered the Grizzly Twins.Just go to youtube and type in  "grizzly twins metal detector" and "pulse master pro metal detector" and you can see how they perform.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg221307.html#msg221307

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 02:15:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hope you receive this.Grizzly Twins is no good.I'll just have to chalk this one up as a loss.I'm going to buy the Pulse Star ll Pro.I've seen many videos on the Pulse Star by independent people.I'll pay the extra money.At least I know I'll get a hit on a large deep target.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg232162.html#msg232162

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

FYI on detecting the beaches in Florida.  Here goes . The dredg or scuba and detecting in the water is off limits to big rigs as Mel Fisher has the rights to those you have to go thru him etc  etc.  Just detecting with a detector you must detect no higher than grass or root high on the beach and neck level with scoop and detector. Lots of places are national seashore reserves etc (fed. govt) stuff so watch your ass or you will be shark bait by the feds. I got into trouble in near vero beach as was detecting the beach and ran upon a beer hangout with chairs etc. Was a beer joint  spread out in the sand. They called the law and was gonna have me arrested and I told the officer the law as was there is NO PRIVATE beach on florida beaches other than federal. so police said I was right and I told the smart ass propritier to read the laws, so I got to detect a little more up the beach without mishap or law.  just a thought.  Was a tourist and wasnt looking for trouble just a nice beach to detect.  Been to Florida 9 times and Key west and the Mel Fisher museum that was an experience as met Mel Fisher and his crew and seen all the silver and gold bars he had at the time and got to handle some gold bars under watchful eyes.  Was a blast even to meet Mel.  shortribs   was back in the late 80's or early 90's

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg239218.html#msg239218

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If anyone is interested,I bought a Pulse Master Pro PI detector from Bulgaria.It comes with a 3ftX3ft search coil.I also bought a 36cm optional search coil.It cost around $1100 US dollars.I bought it mainly for fairly large deep caches.Testing the 3ftX3ft coil I've detected metal objects at least 6ft deep.There is no discrimination at that depth.It is very sensitive.It works very well on the beach and salt water.I have to get the optional 12inchX10inch coil for detecting small metal objects on the beach.Very happy with this unit.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg239241.html#msg239241

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Frank1fm  will it pick up like a zippo lighter with the 3x3 head ?  was just wondering, as guess the 36cm head or the 10 in head would most likely pick it up ??  shortribs

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg239257.html#msg239257

Offline FRANK1FM
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 01:19:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

You know,I'll have to get back to you about the 3ft.X3ft. square coil picking up a zippo lighter.I know this is going to sound crazy,but this unit is too sensitive.I can tell you for sure that the 36cm round coil would go off like a firecracker over the lighter.For what I want to do,I don't want the 3ftX3ft square coil picking up small objects like a zippo lighter.I haven't used it in about a month because of cold weather.I also use my Grizzly Twins PI detector with the 3ftX3ft coil and that won't pick up a zippo lighter.I have two PI detectors from Bulgaria.In fact,now that I think about it,I've been using my Grizzly Twins PI with the 3ftX3ft coil because it's not as sensitive.I'll get back to you with that info.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg239260.html#msg239260

Offline Relicsjoe
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites V3i
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Does anyone have any hands on experience with the Nokta Golden Sense detector ?  I see a few comments, but seems nobody actually has used one..... kind of strange !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg239280.html#msg239280

Offline Capt. Scott
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulse Star II Pro
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I now own a Pulse Star II Pro as well. I am looking for some personal items that my Grandfather buried. There was a land slide about 30 years ago and the objects were moved and are now about 6-8 feet deep. I was there when the items were buried so I am not chasing dreams, but the search area is now nearly 1000 sq feet. As I began to search I found that the ground appears to be very mineralized and I get signals that there is metal to be found if my search coil comes close to the ground or touches the ground in any way.

I am looking for advice on understanding what my PS II is telling me. I can find anything to about 3 feet. Deeper than that, I have trouble finding anything. Even when practicing on things when I hold the search coil over items in the air.

Your time with the unit is very valuable and I would love to hear from you. I am searching for non-ferrous items that are about a foot long 5 inches tall and 6-8 inches wide. There are several of them and they should have stayed together even in the slide, but may not have.

Suggestions?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28287.msg274868.html#msg274868

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: