[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 12:07:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

farmdigger;

Ayyep! Hard to see but not as small as you would think.

When I was a teenager, at my uncles ranch, all along the edge (river side, any flat, for 3 or 4 miles) of the benches, the chips were so numerous, it was like sand. With grass growing up between the chips. The grass is a vary short kind called prairie wool. It looked as though the knapper would sit, watching the river and the lower flat, while he was working. There were just too many chips to determine where a single knapper had sat. There were even reddened places where there had been numerous camp fires.

The chips were commonly about 3/16 of an inch to  an inch, so they really varied in size, all through the chips, were damaged and discarded pieces. Also, none of the discarded pieces were micro blades. The discarded pieces varied from lance heads (buffalo hunting culture) to bird heads.

BC Hydro owns the property, today, and its leased  by a miserable sob, that wont let anybody in there. Legally, I have Right of Access, but wont push it. It could cause a small war.

I would like to know what culture was there, I do know it was likely NOT Deneh, the heads are wrong and too many different styles, most of which were flint or fine basalt. No obsidian, even though obsidian was mined in the Spatzizi plateau area and traded all over western Canada and the US. The trade route would have been right across these river flats.

If I had a dirt bike, I could sneak in and take pictures... I sure am not going to walk in 5 miles. No, not lazy, diabetic and dont walk well.

I will try to find my meager collection, and photo them.

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6064.msg40569.html#msg40569

goldigger

Offline sarge relics
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 03:54:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How do you go about getting your finds authenticated?  Can you give me a procedure or a contact for this?  I surely would be appreciative. 

Thanks,
Danny

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6064.msg61610.html#msg61610

"The best things in life are free, the best is yet to be" - Sonjia

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: