[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldiggerTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, all who are interested in metal locating, bottle collecting; and nugget shooting;
This is not exactly a new topic, more like refreshing some older ones.

I have two sites any THer might like to see (you can cut and paste if this does not become active, when I post):

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.wolfridgestore.mansoncreek.com/

which has a webcam and some interesting links, although a couple links gave a "404" error today. This site is connected to the second , through a photo link at the bottom of the page. Or, you can cut and paste the following link:

Please Register or Login

http://mansoncreekhistoricsociety.mansoncreek.com/

Manson Creek was one of the bigger, richer gold rush areas of the past century. I have been there, first time in 1981, last time in 2007 (lots of changes,) and may be there again this summer. As you can see, the area may be wide open for detecting, as long as you have permission from the particular claim holder, where there is a claim, otherwise, there is NO restriction.

Hey! If you can, do a donation to the hysterical society, they are in the middle of nowhere, literally, and have few resources. I have no connection with them and do not gain, in any way, other than enjoyment, in offering these links.

The one site shows a ghost town at Vital Creek (about 40 mi west, I would guess,) I never made it to Vital Creek, two years ago,, but came within about 10 miles... I did get a few digital photos of old machinery all through the bush where the pines (now 6 to 10 inches) have grown up between them.

I didn't do any metal  detecting, there, but managed to fossick a bit, around Twin Creek bridge.... Twin Creek is also mentioned, on the one site... as the site of a saw mill. Currently there are several, small, placer operations, going on, near Twin Creek. Most of them on Kwanika Creek (Twin is a tributary.)

I was there in 1986 (at Twin Creek) and there were very few trees, and what there were  seemed to be very scrubby spruce and young pine. In 2007, I was amazed to find the whole area (for miles) covered in huge pines, even in areas that were high grassland, then.... could be ascribed to increased CO2.

I will try to dig out my 'old machine' pics and post some.

Hope you enjoy the sites and I hope the others get fixed... I like the web cam for weather watching.
Brian AKA goldigger.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6080.msg36990.html#msg36990

goldigger

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: