[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline QuarterkingsTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you52

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

2810.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 41.0
Firefox 41.0

Awards

Garrett's and Bouny Hunters
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
I have been using one for about a couple of years and it's really impressed me . Yesterday I found a quarter about 7-8 years deep plus a number of coins before the rain ruined my hunting.
 It take a licking and keeps on ticking. I got it a rain cover that has really saved the face plate.
 I like the weight factor and it really has made detecting fun instead of a tedious task like the older heavy detectors I used to use.
 A buddy of mine uses more expensive ones ,but I don't like all those bells and whistles . I just swing and if it beeps I check out the target.
 HH Arturo

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61042.msg302596.html#msg302596

Offline JFRayfield
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Chrome 46.0.2490.86

Awards

Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher F4
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:34:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I had an old White's Eagle Spectrum since about 2001 (bought it used) and I bought a Fisher F4 about 8 years ago.  I haven't done much detecting over the years, but recently I decided to hunt my son-in-law's yard (his house is about 100 years old).  I found two minie balls with the White's.  That got me hooked again.  The White's was their top-of-the-line back in the late 80's to early 90's, and the F4 is a good machine.  But I ended up selling the White's and the Fisher and getting a used Teknetics Gamma 6000.  That hooked me on Teknetics. This is a fantastic machine.  I'm surprised that I don't see more comments about them on the forums.  It seems that they're not nearly as popular as some of the other models, but they're amazing.  They're good with the 8" concentric coil, but with the DD coil, their even better in areas with a lot of junk iron (like nails).  In my son-in-law's yard, in a spot that I know I went over with the White's, I found a coin.  I don't remember what it was, but it was close enough to iron junk that the White's couldn't 'see' the coin at all, but the Gamma did.  You have to learn to 'read' the machine, but it's quite easy to learn.  While it's not priced as a 'beginner' machine, I think it would make a great machine for someone just starting out.  And, it's good enough that they wouldn't have to 'upgrade' for quite a while.  I looked at a lot of videos on YouTube of guys doing air tests and in-the-field hunts with the Teknetics detectors (including the Gamma 6000), and that's why I purchased one in the first place.  I couldn't be happier with mine.

John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61042.msg304867.html#msg304867

Offline QuarterkingsTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you52

Activity
0%

2810.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett's and Bouny Hunters
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 09:34:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, up to now it is my detector of choice.
I went yesterday with a detecting buddy and found my 5th modern dollar coin . That is 5 since Oct.
My buddy didn't dig up pennies. I told him that nowadays most of the time the penny signal is a dime since folks tend not to carry too many pennies.
I don't tire easily with this detector.
It is tough and it makes detecting fun and yields good totals .
 HH Arturo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,61042.msg304893.html#msg304893

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: