[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline azmulaTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:07:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have read and discussed the stone maps with many THunters and we all have our own interpretations of what the maps say. But I have yet to find anyone who has confirmed the creator or source of the maps. Has anyone found any proof to disprove the assumption that they were created by Jesuits? Has anyone proven that Pegleg Tumlinson did not give the stones to his son and finally acquired by Travis Tumlinson, Pegleg's Grandson? Has anyone proven that there are trails marked on the maps and not multiple astrological coordinates?

Just curious...

azmula

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg36692.html#msg36692

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

It has been confirmed that at least one of the original stone maps was created by Travis Tumlinson the presumed locator of the stone maps. The complete story as received from the primary source will appear in a future edition of the Superstition Mountain Historical Society Journal. These sources have been confirmed and cross checked because of the volatility of the subject. The article should make for interesting reading.

azmula

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg41912.html#msg41912

Offline Wyatt Westwood
OgoPogo
Copper Member

OgoPogo
OgoPogo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Zimbabwe

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:17:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Azmula,

It's quite funny that all this comes to light as the Museum takes possession of the Stone Maps showering doubt as to their real origins. If one map was found and the other manufactured which is the real map? If this is true than they sure are laying out a low profit outlook for the future sales at their Museum with regards to future Stone Map books.

It really doesn't matter as you and I both know what's real and what's not so it isn't important.
What is important is that people know what they do and represent. They do contain references to the polaris and the lunar cycles of the Moon all part of astronomy and all very much used during the period for navigation whether on land or at sea.
The Stone maps do contain bible coding done with a mixture of Spanish and other languages to give an answer to a certain riddle. But most of all they contain the most valuable secrets that the Polymaths could find to confuse the true meaning of this Holy Grail of lost knowledge.
The Maps will only take you so far. The rest is up to you to discover yourself.
Your right about one thing many have come up with their own conclusions about the maps already and you wouldn't be able to convince them otherwise. But I do think keeping part of the legend alive would help sell trinkets at the Museum. I hate ball breakers telling the tale that kills the story even if it's fiction it should be allowed to stay afloat. Or is this all part of killing off the Stone Map legend and closing the Museum down?

Who knows.

When is that book of yours coming out?

Wyatt

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg44692.html#msg44692

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:19:05 pm by Wyatt Westwood »
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:20:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wyatt,

Actually, it could be considered funny but it is more a coincidence of the maps moving into the open at the same time as information surfaces as to the sources of the three tablets (plus the heart). From the sources that have been found there are two sources for the selected stone map sets. This finding is going to force future authors to do their own research and stop the recycling other authors? work, accurate or not.

I agree with your astrological map content comment with the addition of the fact that there are actually four imbedded maps on stone tablets.

The map legend will not die but it is becoming more accurate. There are many exaggerations concerning the three tablets involved and will be exposed soon. This exposure will improve the possibility of solving the stone maps and finding the caches. I don?t see the museum closing but I do see the book sales improving as soon as the researchers get out there and do their job correctly. The search will continue until someone finds the cache.

I have chosen to try to have UA publish the book, which complicates some things. In the interim I am contemplating a short story on the origin and history of the stone maps.

Thank you for the  comment,
azmula

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg44862.html#msg44862

Offline Wyatt Westwood
OgoPogo
Copper Member

OgoPogo
OgoPogo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Zimbabwe

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:12:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Azmula,

Thanks for the response.

I spoke with another person involved with the Stone Maps transfer to the museum and they said that they were mostly all real with an exception. The told me the maps that you see today include some reproductions and one is real but the original symbols have been erased from part of it during the taping fiasco to hide parts of the map from view.

They say they have photo's of the original symbols under the tape from before the accident happened.

This I would like to see those photos myself which they told me could be arranged.

I have digital photo's close up of the maps and have been able to find addtional symbols over looked by a process I invented for viewing petroglyh photo's from those maps.

I wonder if I could do this with the new photo's?

Probably could!

If I get some of those photo's I see what I can do.

Wyatt

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg46121.html#msg46121

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:59:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wyatt,

We need to find a way to verify where the originals are and then verify the carving techniques and tools. I was told that the maps at the museum were the ?original? Tumlinson maps. I was told that I might be able to photograph and inspect the maps. The maps at the museum have nothing to do with the journal article. The article is presented as a source of primary information concerning personal observations of Tumlinson carving the stone map.

I have a set of high definition digital photos of the maps before the copies came into light and began confusing everyone with variations. I have only used these map photos in my studies of the stone maps.

Go with care,
azmula

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg46238.html#msg46238

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 10:18:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Azmula it has been proven that the stone maps are fake because of the language used is modern. Also the carving of the horse and heart were not used in that time period. Its just a device to attract tourists and generate revenue for the local economy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg46241.html#msg46241

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:38:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

MY OPINION:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that the irregular shaped map was not a fake. What I am saying is that you are partially correct concerning the map content. Not all maps in the set are fakes nor have they been adequately tested for caving techniques nor has anyone found the the caches that the maps lead to.

What I meant to say was that not all of the maps are actually Jesuit maps and there is a fake map in the set. Not my words but the observations of others who watched the map being created.

azmula

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg46245.html#msg46245

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:53:07 pm by azmula »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 03:03:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by azmula
MY OPINION:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that the irregular shaped map was not a fake. What I am saying is that you are partially correct concerning the map content. Not all maps in the set are fakes nor have they been adequately tested for caving techniques nor has anyone found the the caches that the maps lead to.

What I meant to say was that not all of the maps are actually Jesuit maps and there is a fake map in the set. Not my words but the observations of others who watched the map being created.

azmula

Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg47131.html#msg47131

goldigger

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Go up the highway towards the dam. Look up at the NW face of the mountain. You will se the "Priest" rock, and several of the symbols on the map. The Priest, is pointing a cross downward toward a rectangular carving with a small cross and other symbols on it. Directly where the Priest rock, is facing , I found a flat rectangular stone with a Turtle carved on the side. you have to lie down on the ground to see the carving.  The Heart rock above it had a 2' X 3' vault behind it, sealed with caliche. Again another carving you had to lie down to see was like a horse shoe, one end longer than the other, with a dot in the middle, apparently meaning, enter here, go behind the rock, turn around, and there was the vault. The vault was empty.    Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6025.msg47165.html#msg47165

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:44:26 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: