[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline annie122607Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

vaquerso, minelab excalibur, tejon tesoro
« on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello I am new having my first metal dectector which is a Vaquero. I had it for about a year and half so far. Up until last week all I have found is iron. I found one  a musket ball. I physcially can't keep digging up everything to find only iron. What am I doing wrong? I am not in a postion to get a new machine which will read what I digging up.
My heart and sole has  been in this dream of being a treasure hunter since I had brain surgery 122607 for a anersyum in my brain. I have been hit by ball lighting, torn rotarcuff , broken foot, tear in my knee in all six months. I forgot 4 deer  ticks on me in one week. Im trying so hard no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
annie

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61311.html#msg61311

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:07:10 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Dream
For as you dream you will become

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard, Annie, from Perth in Australia.

Too bad the nickname of Hardluck was already taken. Seems like you've had the worst luck ever.

Nothing can be healthier than an easy, low stress exercise like Treasure Hunting so keep at it. Every target you dig will give you more experience at determining what is there. I don't really know the model you use except by reputation and reading the manual on line. I have a Compadre, which I like a lot. In the discriminate mode, it allows one to eliminate certain types of target like iron but I don't recommend you do that at first. Instead, find a better place to hunt where less iron is present. The reason is that some really valuable targets can be passed over because the detector, as smart as it may be, can be confused by targets like gold and silver which may sound like pull tabs or nails.

Learn your detector by trying it out in air tests. You can use some of your newly discovered iron and some of your personal jewelry to do the tests and see how the discriminate affects your ability to find the small treasures.

It sounds like a lot to do and it is. Air tests are easier on the back since there's no digging involved. If you bought your machine new, read the manual. If not and you didn't get a manual, go to the Tesoro web site and download or print it free.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61312.html#msg61312

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:28:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I do have a manual, where I go is alot of old fields. Unfortuntely I cant discrimainate out iron of I wish I could. I have every old farm tool I think now. Want tobuild a house with forge nails. I set a small cabinetup  in my shed just for iron and ox,horse shoes. I usually get a loud noise for iron but if I throw some money down I get a pretty loud noise.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61358.html#msg61358

Dream

Offline asanaman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Vaquero, White' DFX
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:16:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okay, Annie... What's hapening... You need help? Well, I am gonna try to help...  It's Christmas and I am in a giving mood... I to have needed help before and I guess I can lend a hand..

Let me know through a pm or this forum and we will see if we can help you get through this..  I too have a Vaquero and it is a VERY good machine..  Hang in there...

K

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61435.html#msg61435

Everyday is a Holiday and Every Meal is a feast!!!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:41:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by asanaman
Okay, Annie... What's hapening... You need help? Well, I am gonna try to help...  It's Christmas and I am in a giving mood... I to have needed help before and I guess I can lend a hand..

Let me know through a pm or this forum and we will see if we can help you get through this..  I too have a Vaquero and it is a VERY good machine..  Hang in there...

K

Those who come here for help often ask the same questions that are on other people's minds. Please try and give your advice in the public forums rather than in PM. PM should be reserved for things that really need to be private. Answers to questions like these should be answered here so others can benefit from your experience as well as the original questioner.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61455.html#msg61455

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline asanaman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Vaquero, White' DFX
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 09:10:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I thought I was trying to help, Undecided.. Sometimes an individual may feel better or less intimidated with a PM, and as I suggested in my post, either way would be fine with me... Public or Private...

K   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61473.html#msg61473

Everyday is a Holiday and Every Meal is a feast!!!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by asanaman
Well, I thought I was trying to help, Undecided.. Sometimes an individual may feel better or less intimidated with a PM, and as I suggested in my post, either way would be fine with me... Public or Private...

K   

It's VERY good that you want to help. What you should do though is give your advice in the forums so EVERYONE can see it. Save the PM for when you want to exchange postal addresses, like when you buy something, or phone numbers for when you want to meet another member for a treasure hunt. See what I mean now?

I'll rephrase it. Helping is very good. Helping in public is even better.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61479.html#msg61479

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 09:35:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950, On the subject of PMs, I need to let you know that your PM mailbox is full.  I learned this just now as I tried to reply to your private message.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61480.html#msg61480

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 11:16:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
GoldDigger1950, On the subject of PMs, I need to let you know that your PM mailbox is full.  I learned this just now as I tried to reply to your private message.
~Texas Jay

Whoa! I had no idea it could fill up! Thanks for that. I'll do some housekeeping right now.

Housekeeping done. Lots of room now. Sorry about that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61490.html#msg61490

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:24:27 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:50:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry golddigger I am not familiar with the way this forum works yet. Sorry if I caused any trouble. Really I am desperate to get help I would be glad to take it any way that it comes to me.  Kiss I understand what you are saying .  Lips Sealed  Asasaman was the only person who kindly  has offered to help me..
A brain aneurysm,torn rotator cuff,torn knee, struck by ball lighting, broken foot in 6 months and I'm still wishing and believing I can be a treasure hunter. Please I need some treasures no more iron. When I got my first  musket ball last week  if any one could had seen my eyes , my smile, my screams of joy you will understand I have the heart and will I just need a good break or a dectector that shows a little more than just sound.
Have a good night to all.
Thank you all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9762.msg61626.html#msg61626

Dream

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: