[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tonybrentwoodTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret ace 250
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi ,
I was pleasantly surprised at how much detector I got for the money, I'm in love with it already!
I'll keep in mind the tip about slow sweeping, I really appreciate you guys helping me out, all the time I'm saving by following your tips can be used to find goodies.
I won't be able to get out properly until the weekend, if I find anything I'll be sure to let you guys know. I'm going to find a local club to join this weekend, so the fun should start then.
Regards,
Tony.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6628.msg40285.html#msg40285

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 02:25:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes you have a good machine.

The Toltec was when Tesoro started having a
real pleasant machine to hunt with.

I will be looking forward to your posts,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6628.msg40289.html#msg40289

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 05:58:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Tony,

I'm glad to hear that your Toltect is working out great for you! Just don't worry to much about all the knobs. Basically all you need is the Disc & Sensitivy knob. Just make sure sens is as high as possible as but as low to prevent it from going noisy. Also keep the coil to the ground as close as possible. It may sound very banal but by raising it too high from the ground you tend too loose all the good signals and many people do that.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6628.msg40297.html#msg40297

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline tonybrentwoodTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret ace 250
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 02:08:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great advice there Christian,
Keeping the coil close to the ground is one of the few things I remember being taught by the guy who introduced me to metal detecting all those years ago. I need to start doing my research too, there are some old battle sites where I live (Maldon, Essex UK, type in CM94PA on google earth and you'll see where I am). The island in the estuary is where a battle took place between the Saxons and the Vikings so should be a good chance of some finds. I don't fancy digging up a Viking longboat though!
Best regards,
Tony

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6628.msg40467.html#msg40467

Offline fozzyb65
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Have a Toltec 100 from years back, and like you have been away from the hobby for a while. I loved this machine. It is completely adjustable and will go as deep as could be expected. Find a large coil for it and you'll get great depth and still be able to find those small coins. A small coil is great for those trashy areas as well. Tesoro has online manuals for this machine and I suggest you look it up so you can get the thing ground balanced correctly. Don't remember having too many sensitivity issues, but local conditions seem to dictate that more than the machine itself. Had to move to a new location one day when a kid began mowing the lawn and my detector (Garrett not Tesoro) was firing at the same rate as his mower. This was their top of the line machine when it was being produced and still will be repaired for free, if the need arises,  if you simply send it back to them. In the US they even pay return shipping. One thing I do remember though was the increase in US nickles over my old Garrett machine. This equates to more likely to find gold. Never found gold but in air tests would ring out on gold and still reject most pull tabs. Spend the time to learn the machine and read the manual, and you will know what a bargain you got soon enough.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6628.msg149462.html#msg149462

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: