[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HomefireTopic starter
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards
« on: August 06, 2017, 01:28:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hantek 6022BL

Purchase this USB Oscilloscope interface from AliExpress.  Shipping took a bit longer then other items purchased from China despite the fact it was shipped the same day  ordered.  Normally Items from China are not shipped for two or three days after order pending Clearance of Payment.
On Receipt things looked Like Doom and Gloom.  The box was heavenly Damaged one third of the length of it.  Looked as though it had something Rather Heave sat on it.  On opening the well wrapped product box was mashed most well but the Device and all condiments seem to be intact and in good shape.
Just as with Most All Chines products Instructions are a rare commodity.  The unit comes with a Mini CD with basic instructions and All Software.  All Soft ware required and more can be down loaded from the Manufacturer as well if required.
Plugged the unit into the USB as in instructed.  Loaded what I thought was any and all required software.  Run the O-scope program and most happy with the display and set up.  Tinker around figuring out what all is available on the scope.  Then I realize there is no trace.  I think to my self, SELF it needs a input.  I connect one of the two included  1x 10x probes to Chn 1 and the Test signal out put provided on the unit.  No Trace.  Next I notice the barely noticeable power indicator is Lights Out.  Dang.  Out comes the Freq counter.  I check the output from the test signal port.  Yep Dead Bug.  Now getting upset thinking the unit took some damage in transport.  I flash a E-Mail to the OFFICIAL Hantek store via AliExpress stating the issues.  Shocked to receive a reply within the hour.  They request I do a video on all actions I performed to fire the unit up.  LOL, I have no means to do a video.   In desperation and stubbornness I retrace my actions for the forth time.  Deleting and Reloading the Program a few time.  Eaaaaaaaa!  All this time I failed to notice step 3.  Not so clear in the instructions. Down Load the Drivers.  Upon downing one of two drivers the Beast comes alive.  Power / Status light blinking a pleasant Green in Color. Hanging Head in Shame Again Flash Msg to the OFFICIAL Hantek Store informing them of my Blunders.  Who would have thought the Power / Status indicator would not light up without a driver installed I tell me self. 

Well Still not up loaded the 2nd Driver for the Data Analyzer functions but have no reason to think it will not do it's thing.  The Hantek is most certainly not a Tektronix but performs quite well for what it is.   Happy Camper I Am.  At this point the only grumble is the 5v limitation on the input but this is dealt with quit well via the 10x probe for anything I would need.  100x can be had for just a few dollars if I needed to go there.  Input is protected up to 35v it states my guess is just a 35v  zener to ground ?  Upon zener action being reached the Magic Smoke Escapes ?  Let's NOT  test it. 

Yes Most Please with this Item and well worth $60.00 USD. 

Anyone Interest in one can just gOOgle "Hantek 6022BL" and a pile of info is at hand.  If anyone should happen to locate the Schematic Please Post it.

Thank You for your Suggestion GD.

HF

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320040.html#msg320040

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Hantek.jpg

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:03:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep.
R.T.F.M.
thats the secret.You need to refresh your chinese  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Homie we have to see some min machines now coming out of the production line.
No excuses any more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320049.html#msg320049

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Some of their Translations are more then crazy Off the Wall stuff at times.   Cheesy 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320050.html#msg320050

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:08:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I liked mine so much I bought a second one a couple of years ago. I like the built in bus monitor software and the logic analyzer. Being able to capture the screen and print it out is also a bonus.

I capture the screen even though it is white on black and then do a negative image before I print it to paper. Less toner or ink that way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320063.html#msg320063

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:08:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

I need to wrap my head around the Data Analyzer.  You could simultaneously monitory EVERY switching event along the timing path.

Primary Oscillator
Tx Fet ON OFF times
Primary Delay
Secondary Delay
EMF Delay

Depending on the Circuit, even switching events turning on or off  or Frequency of the  audio. 

All on screen at the same time.  How cool is that ?   You have some what like a Automotive Diagnostic tool for PI Detectors, Eaaa?   Cheesy

I LIKE IT !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320066.html#msg320066

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 05:33:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quite a machine.

For data analysis, I usually sync on my primary timing pulse. The one that starts things going. Mostly, the TX trigger. Then, all the other results follow in timed order like little soldiers marching to my commands.

Just one reminder. Data is always, and I do mean ALWAYS, presumed to be no greater than 5v, which is TTL and CMOS logic. So, instead of trying to see the trigger pulse itself, look at the TTL output driver. Same pulse in timing, just 5v instead of 400v. You get the idea.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320080.html#msg320080

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Crazy  LOL, Yea No Fly Back.  Start at the Oscillator , Fet Gat or Fet Driver, Delay Chain including any and all switching pulse outputs .  

1st point will be close to 12v and require attenuation resister, Eaa!
I suspect points 4 and 5 would show up as a noise pulse ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320084.html#msg320084

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

D - MiniPulseschematicTIMING.jpg

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:16:54 pm by homefire »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:28:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

I can't really tell but the scope can read the 12v just fine. I was referring to the logic analyzer inputs needing to be 5v.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320092.html#msg320092

Let's Talk Treasure!

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 06:59:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes I would need to use a  resistor to read the first point.  all other timing points are at 5v logic levels.  Wonder how it will act on the last two points.  The signal is Analog in nature but being switch within 5v logic levels.   Detected as a single pulse being above a logic level 1 ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320093.html#msg320093

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 03:08:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
  Yes I would need to use a  resistor to read the first point.  all other timing points are at 5v logic levels.  Wonder how it will act on the last two points.  The signal is Analog in nature but being switch within 5v logic levels.   Detected as a single pulse being above a logic level 1 ?

Don't use a resistor, Homefire. A resistor in series limits current but won't affect voltage. Putting a voltage divider instead will then skew your reading. Go back one stage and use the logic output instead. Use your scope to view the 12v circuit. If your logic output is good, your scope can tell you if your 12v out is good. Despite that being labeled 12v, the voltage there can approach 100v or more because of the coil field collapse. Putting your logic analyzer there will fry it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65565.msg320100.html#msg320100

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: