[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kd5uwgTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:46:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This short story was written by a relative of mine,  about the property I not only deer hunt on but do some detecting on. 

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://wilsoncountyhistory.org/Documents/THRICE%20TOLD%20TALES%20OF%20CREED%20TAYLOR.pdf
   This story roughly coincides with a book that I am reading called,  The Feud That Wasn't: The Taylor Ring, Bill Sutton, John Wesley Hardin, and Violence in Texas (Sam Rayburn Series on Rural Life, sponsored by Texas A&M University-Commerce)   There are other storys about this place that have been handed down by word of mouth in the family.  I do know that in some time in the 1950's or 1960's some treasure hunters and archeologist were on the place searching for a supposed strong box buried out there.  There is also the steps to an old one room school house on the property that my grandmother went to first grade in.  I have not searched around the old school house yet but that is my plan for this spring/summer after deer season is over.  I have relic hunted around the house and found tons of trash,  but I have not had much time to spend up by the house yet,  I just know that im gonna have to get thru alot of trash around the house to find anything.  There is also and old dipping vat near the house that they used to dip cattle in,  I really think that this will be a good area for relic hunting since the vat was in use for about 60 years. There is no telling what those old cowboys may have lost around that old vat,  and since that was the only dipping vat in the county people brought cattle from all over to use it.  I wish all the old property was still in my family but my   Great Great grandfather had to sell some to take care of some family issues that no body still living in my family knows why.  Sorry for the long read I was just getting thoughts down and am just putting up a little of my research on the property.

Sincerley
Calvin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28826.msg203807.html#msg203807

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Calvin, sounds like a great place to have access to.  I'm looking forward to seeing some of the relics you'll pull out of there.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28826.msg203808.html#msg203808

Offline kd5uwgTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well my vacation starts tomorro.  Hopefully I can get in some deer hunting and maybe some relic hunting on the property we have.  Gonna drag the Bounty Hunter Quicksilver out and see what I cant find. 

Calvin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28826.msg204163.html#msg204163

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: