[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline DeboTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

If I found the location and nothing was there would it be better to let everyone know so they wouldnt waste time and resources looking for nothing or would I be robbing them of the thrill of the hunt? Is it better to keep the legend alive?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219097.html#msg219097

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:52:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Debo

There are holes all over that area many dug by a group of hunters in the late 70's from Dallas. There is two other treasure stories from the same area one about a cache of guns and silver buried in 1864 by a southern family. The second was from a bank robbery around 1901 of gold and silver coins it was recovered in 1986.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219118.html#msg219118

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:45:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is the only treasure I've ever really looked for. I researched it off and on for a couple of years. I drove down to the area once. I made my husband promise to take me down there and he did but only if he could go fishing (he thinks it was a waste of time). When he finally agreed to go to the area I wanted to check out, it was all there...just like in the note. Some comments I read about the legend wondered if it was just made up. Now I know it wasnt. I saw the horse-back ridge to the east. The hole was approx 500' from the 'trail' under what was once a small waterfall. The hole was rectangular, about 3.5' wide and 2' tall and was dug back further than I could see. I couldn't get my husband to look for the smaller stash further down the creek (he was hungry). My son said it was wrong to post whether I found the hole or not...he said I robbed all the treasure hunters out there of the same experience. If there had been something in the hole, I definitely would NOT have said anything. It doesn't really matter if anyone believes me or not...I know where this treasure was...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219123.html#msg219123

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I say, if you find the place, and no loot, go ahead and tell people.  The ones who don't believe you will hunt for it anyway.  Others will spend their time and resources elsewhere.

If you found something, don't say a word about it!          Wise                          Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219188.html#msg219188

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Arfie I hate to disagree with you but I must in this case. This person that is not a treasure hunter has no reputation as a researcher are hunter, drives out in the woods parks and walks 500 feet into the woods finds a hole and starts bragging she found the place John buried his treasure. Show us some facts or proof that she is even in the right area just a small clue that this hole is in anyway connected  to the Fletcher treasure bet she can't.
This thread is just like the yammy hunters who all claim that their land is positive of treasure or the nut who claims he is the only one in the world that knows where Kidd hid his cache pure BS.

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219198.html#msg219198

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 01:29:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Its not BS...I can prove it...how would I go about having this find validated? I can tell you exactly where its located. All the historical markers in the area validate it. I might not have spent my life looking..and I felt more guided than anything else. But the site is exactly where it is supposed to be. Who would I contact to prove that this is the site? Somebody local? or? I don't usually post or social network but I thought that since I read about this treasure legend on this website that I should let others know what I found. I have spent my entire life working nights, sitting in a chair, staring at a computer screen. This is the most exciting thing I have ever done in my life. I dont even care that nothing was there. I found it and I did it by simply following the clues in John Fletchers note and with a little help from google earth. Can anyone suggest where I should go from here? Just drop it or try to find someone to verify what I found?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219298.html#msg219298

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:51:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am going to try to contact an official in the area where I found this site and see if they are interested in this story. I did not intend to step on anyone's toes or negate the work that they have put into their search. I have heard others talk about looking in other areas but I relied on the information in John Fletchers note, researching the history of Nolan's trail and google earth. As I zoomed in, clues jumped out and I pinpointed where I wanted to look when my husband finally agreed to take me there. Maybe the fact that I am inexperienced actually helped me in my search. John put a lot of clues in his note and that's probably why the hole was empty. If anyone has any advice for me, I would appreciate it. I almost feel depressed that nobody believes what to me has been an amazing experience! I will have to think about it over the weekend but if I havent contacted anyone by next week, I might just go ahead and tell you where the hole is just so someone can see it for themselves. I doubt I will ever get my husband to take me back down there to look for the other cache further up the creek and it might be the only way that someone would believe me...as if that even matters...

Posted on: April 07, 2012, 07:34:20 AM
I've read the note so many times, I know about the Fletcher treasure...15-20mi west of the Sabine river on Nolan's trail. approx 500' up the creek, horse back ridge to the east of the creek. Buried under a waterfall. It was all there...

Posted on: April 07, 2012, 07:50:13 AM
P.S. Thank you, Arfie!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219319.html#msg219319

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 08:07:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Debo

I am sure you have an honest belief with your assumption. And I am sure you had a wonderful experience searching for the treasure. In fact some times it is the journey and not the destination that really matters.Good on you for having a go and that no one can take from you.

However finding a empty hole does not constitute finding a treasure. Anyone can say here was a empty hole and there was treasure it. They are empty words......In the end even if you think there was treasure buried there you really have no proof. Even when you have fairly detailed instructions to find treasure. Sadly that will always be open for controversy because even treasure directions will be open for different interpretations.

It is one of the painful facts of life for those daring to seek.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219322.html#msg219322

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 08:48:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the reply, Hardluck. I understand the doubt...I know it well! What kind of proof would anyone accept? Or is there any proof that would be acceptable?

Posted on: April 07, 2012, 08:17:18 AM
I would like to contact the local news agency in the area...is there a trusted member on this website that is in east texas that would be interested in verifying this find?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219328.html#msg219328

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 08:49:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Debo

There is no way of varifying without conclusive evidence, other than finding treasure and even if you found the treasure then you have to prove that treasure is actually Fletchers and not another treasure.

Not a easy task.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg219330.html#msg219330

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:56:52 am by hardluck »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: