[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline DeboTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 09:59:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

I dont know what kind of animal it was that I spooked when I went by myself. It was large even at a distance. I was armed but I cant say I have the confidence I should have to carry a firearm. I dont hunt and it was very scary. I wont do that again! I did not realize that we had mountain lions roaming around here, I've heard that hogs can do a lot of damage but, like I said, I have spent my life sitting in a chair, staring at a computer screen, yearning for some adventure before I die. I guess he saying is true...be careful what you ask for. Being chased (or eaten) by wild animals in the woods is not the adventure I was dreaming of! It was a stupid thing to do and thats why I had to manipulate my husband into taking me down to Toledo Bend. I think metal detecting on the beach is more my speed. I appreciate all the feedback and encouragement. Im trying to get my husband and his friends involved. We all went to the Diamond mine in Arkansas last weekend. It was fun but we didnt find anything. I had a strategy when we left but that went out the window when we got there. Just camping out was a great adventure for me...

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg220835.html#msg220835

Offline foolsgold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

995.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

its always fun to get out in nature, all the wild animal stories...mountain lion encounters, hog attacks and all are really few and far between, but its always good to be safe, because it does happen!
the more common concerns would be snakes, and since we are getting to that time of year again, the heat! not to mention twisting an ankle or a bad fall.

in planning trips, one of the first things we will do is locate the closest ER, keep an eye on cell phones for reception, and know where you can go to get reception if needed, and always know where you are if the call has to be made!
just a good way to play it safe, no need to risk life or limb!
having said all that, its a judgement call.  i do go out on my own some, but usually not.  it comes down to where it is for me, i will go into an abandoned home or property alone, probably best not to.
when we are out in the woods, chasing a story, we do the above mentioned, and there is more than me there! and i do carry a .45 along with a hunting knife

we all know about the research that goes into our hunts before we hunt, its a good idea to research the area as it is known today also.
our group was looking into something in OK, and after all the research, things looked fairly good, but doing the research on 'whats going on there today'  in the area we found that it had a reputation for meth labs and such, we decided to stay away from it!  same kinda deal with stuff down on our southern border, with drug runners, illegals and all.

not saying that to scare you, just prepare you, so you can play it safe.

thanks and good luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg220837.html#msg220837

Offline acepro
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1585.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett ace euro
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

its tresure for you and if u belive keep researching!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg262540.html#msg262540

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by acepro
its tresure for you and if u belive keep researching!

Well acepro thats the problem Debo do no research she read the massage left by Fletcher walked into the woods found a hole and started claiming she found where the treasure was/is. All we did was try to explain that thats not how it works, he$$ I bet 100's if not 1000's of hardcore treasure hunters have done the same thing, but they never claimed to have found a thing because they had no PROOF.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35898.msg262551.html#msg262551

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: