[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mtldtctng4evrTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

spectra V3, XLT,6000DI
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

if you are a prospector and live in Texas, I would like to know if there are lost treasure in texas yet to be discover, please share me you thoughts or actual account if you are looking after any of those treasure, I am here @ fort hood TX, in the heart of Killeen.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11614.msg74742.html#msg74742

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:23:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

4evr, you're in a good site.   Llano county has a few known gold deposits.  And if Jim Bowie ever actually had a mine, it would have been somewhere in your general area (supposedly close to San Saba).   The area just south of you was literally on the frontier between settled Texas and the Indians from the late 1840's until after the Civil War.  You have lots of records of Comanche, Kiowa, Apache, and other Indian raiding parties moving through the area and the Texas Rangers, US Army, and militias chasing them back through it......and that doesn't take into account the bank robberies, stage robberies, etc....not to mention prohibition moonshining, etc, etc, etc.    Check out the public library in Killeen.

By the way, I'm moving this to a different board where it is more likely to get the response it deserves.

BA in AZ (but from Texas)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11614.msg76076.html#msg76076

Offline mtldtctng4evrTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

spectra V3, XLT,6000DI
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:00:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Geezz!!!! thxs for your reply, I am actually actvely persuing this story, and trying to get as much help as I could possibly have, then when I know I have enough to go by, I will start my hunt to the most probable place. I will keep any one posted if I ever come across a good lead. thxs once again, if you have lots of information to give pls, keep me posted if I ever find what I am looking for I swear to share my findings to those who gave in to my findings.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11614.msg76259.html#msg76259

Offline bsloan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Being at Ft Hood is a great thing. 545th MP Co. from 78-79. Alot of fun times.  Sorry I can't remember the name of the books, but there is a series of books that cover legends in all states. I have seen the ads in both major metal detection mags. Before I became interested in this hobby, I had the book that covered Texas. Loaned it out in '83, been MIA ever since. It did not nice great details, but it did give info like, suspected lead mines outside of Caldwell Tx, and a small story to go with it. Fun to read, but it just whets the appetite.  Also consider looking for topaz gemstones in the creeks in the area. It is the National Gemstone of the Republic. Best of luck

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11614.msg145215.html#msg145215

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: