[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldfingerTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I spent some time in Arizona recently. How many of you think there's some truth in this treasure legend? I have heard so many variations of the same story- I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Steve

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3198.html#msg3198

Offline GhosTHunTR 6
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

143.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Prism V, whites bullseye II pinpointer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 04:42:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i have heard several stories too myself..gregg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3199.html#msg3199

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:11:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seve,

I think as always there is some truth to the story but personally I think that the Lost Dutchman mine is one of the treasure ventures with considerably smaller odds of success.

There is no real proof to the extend of how valueable the mine really was.

However I'm way of from beeing an expert on the Lost Dutchman mine.

Maybe Bll knows more about it.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3205.html#msg3205

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:02:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Apaches in Arizona, told me their version. 3 braves came upon the Duchman, wandering in the Superstitions. One  brave was wearing a God nugget around his neck. They traded the nugget for Whiskey the Dutchaman, carried with him. The  enterprising Dutchman, set up a still in the mountains and made whiskey which he traded to the indians for Gold.

In an unrelated story, I met a young squatter who had set up  camp inside a  fence on Government property at Apache Junction. He had a dozen small piles of ordinary looking rocks stacked up 2-3 feet high. He said he wanted to show me something. He took four half fist size rocks and threw them into the crusher, then panned it. In 5 minutes he produced more than 2 ounces of Gold from the 4 rocks.

In another event the Apaches asked me to examine some markings on a group of rocks just beyond the fence  running along  the south side of Hwy. 60. While I was there I set up the MFD and had several Gold readings in one srea, that I estimated to be 4-5 feet deep.

The day I was scheduled to leave I stopped by one of my Apache friend's  house to say good bye. He wasn't there. On my way out I had to pass by where I got the Gold readings and I saw them inside the fence digging with a backhoe. I stopped and isolated 7 rocks from their trench with the MFD as containing Gold. I brought one of the rocks back to Florida with me , where I had a chip off it spectro-analyzed. The test showed substanstial quantities of, Gold & Platinum along with several other minerals. I still have the rock.

Possibly, it's one of the Peralta mines that is the basis for the Lost Dutchman legend.

There is more on my view of the Peralta Treasure at, LINK;

Please Register or Login

PERALTA
from Psy 9 thru Psy 10.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3210.html#msg3210

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:05:35 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:26:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you get the urge to go looking for The L.D.M. ,
It'll sure help, if'n you'all knows the diff. between "Miner's Needle" and "Weaver's Needle!"   :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3214.html#msg3214

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline Goldminer
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:22:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's something for you LDM hunters to play with.
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 1st day of February, 1944, in accordance with request made by the self - Mr. [ 3638 ], new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc., recommended by Coronet.
Present: Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. [ 3638 ] and Harmon Bro.
Time: 4:30 to 4:45 P. M. Eastern War Time. TEXT

GC: You will have before you [ 3638 ] present in this room, and his enquiring mind, together with the << gold mine>> discovered by Pedro Peralta and later worked by Jacob Walz know as "The << Dutchman>> ," in Pinal County, in the central portion of the State of Arizona. There you will find a high peak known as "La Sombrera" or "Weavers Needle". In Needle Canyon, a canyon running north from the base of the peak, you will find a large Saquaro cactus, marked, or that has been marked by four stones stuck into the trunk. From this marker, you will tell us exactly how far and in which direction to go to find the << gold mine>> now known as "The << Dutchman>> ," describing in detail all landmarks from this marker leading directly to the << mine>> . You will then answer the questions, as I ask them:
EC: Yes, we have the enquiring mind, [ 3638 ], present in this room; and those conditions that exist as legends and those as realities pertaining to the << lost mine>> or << Dutchman Mine>> .
In undertaking directions for locations of this from the present conditions, many things should be taken into consideration - as to whether descriptions would apply to those periods when this was put in the way of being hidden and/or those that would apply to the present day surroundings.
For time in its essence - while it is one, in space there has been made a great variation by the activities of the elements and the characters that have been in these areas.
For these are held as sacred grounds by groups who have, from period to period, changed the very face of the earth or the surroundings, for the very purpose of being misleading to those who might attempt to discover or to desecrate (to certain groups) those lands.
As we find, if we would locate this - from the present outlook:
We would go from the cactus marked here, in Canyon, some 5, 10, 20, 30, 37 1/2 yards to the north by west - north by west - to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top.
Turn from here - for you can't get over some of the ground going directly to the east - turn almost directly to the east, and just where there is crossing of the deep gulch, we will find the entrance to the Dutch << Mine>> . This has been covered over, though to begin at the lower portion of the gulch we would find only about six feet before we would reach pay dirt in << gold>> .
Ready for questions.
(Q) How rich is this vein?
(A) It's rich enough to work. About, at the present rate, five to six thousand dollars a ton.
(Q) Describe the type of ore.
(A) Impregnations with loose << gold>> .
(Q) Is it covered over? If so, by what?
(A) Rock, very much like the surrounding country.
(Q) How deep is it from the surface?
(A) If from the surface, about eight to ten feet. If you want to get to it, commence at the lower edge of the Canyon and work under it - towards the east, see?
(Q) Give instructions for placing monuments and filing claim? (A) That must be done from the material angle. Just so there's taken in enough to include all this area for about a thousand yards each way. [See 11/29/71 Newspaper Clipping in 3638-1, Par. R7.]
(Q) Give any further information about other << mines>> in this group which may be helpful.
(A) We would give plenty of them here - the silver << mine>> in the << Lost>> Sheep, which is over the hill on the other side towards the border, you see, that's the most valuable << mine>> in Arizona.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3220.html#msg3220

Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
  Him kill both priest and friar, oh dear.
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer!

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 09:38:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Shocked  Goldminer & Everyone else:   Shocked
Read "Cayce's", last answer, at the very bottom of page, 12:22:43, ie:

(A)  "We would give plenty ......... the silver mine in the ....
over the hill....towards the border...."That's the most valuable mine in Arizona!"...

Tha was NOT! an IDLE Statement ! 

I CAN SHOW YOU THIS VERY MINE !    Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3242.html#msg3242

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline GoldfingerTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:00:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I honestly believe the real "treasure" of the Lost Dutchman Mine is the money being made by the various authors, publishers,etc -over the years. Some of these people probably don't really believe the treasure exists. They know there's enough people out there who will buy anything on the subject. So- they concoct a variation of the story and sell it to some publisher. You see this quite a bit with some of the more popular topics.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3324.html#msg3324

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yep! Goldfinger:
You're RIGHT!   :Smiley
That's usually the case!
There was/is an   AUTHOR,    :Smiley  who was going to write about about a treasure, in a very remote region, in Arizona, northwest of The Grand Canyon.
The topic of which, was going to be, Montezuma's Cache (Treasure) ..
I, just, happened to be going into that general area...
( I am returning there, on this trip, Because, I DID! find some interesting things (TH'er wise) that really need to be looked at, WHOLE ALOT! More seriously!)
So! Any way...
I wrote to him asking if he would like or needed some experienced help ?
AND!
That I had The Time, Finances, Resources and yrs of actual experience.
All Of which, I would furnished, FREE of CHARGE,    Cheesy  !
   Huh?  Guess What!    Huh?
He said that he wasn't planning    Undecided  to go into the area!
How in the world, could he write about an area/story and not even visit the place/area?
I guess that it is ......
AS You Said !  ...
" They concoct a variation of the story and sell it "
AND!
Worse! People will read it and probably, be quoting from it, as "FACT!"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3330.html#msg3330

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Offline djui5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

263.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

my eyes
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 05:30:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's real. There is gold to prove it.

There's a lot of stories about the Dutchman, and although they do make for some killer reading, they're just stories. There is also a lot of truth about him and his mine, if you can find it  Grin

Good luck with your search. I can't tell you how fun it is researching this mine and the history of the area. I have learned a lot about central Arizonas history. I've also done a lot of hiking in the Superstitions, and if I never find the mine, at least I got some good exercise out of it. That range has some of the roughest terrain in the country, but damm is it beautiful.

Remember if you ever go in, you'll need water more than anything, more than food. That desert will take you down real quick, and without warning. Don't think it's safe when it's cool either, it get's freezing cold at night up there. Always go prepared, and keep as light a pack as you can. Take a camera, there is some amazing pictures to be had. Here's one for example.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg3407.html#msg3407

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

4 peaks from where I turned around.jpg

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: