[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldfingerTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 12:37:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Regardless- No gold of the type in Jacobs description has ever been found anywhere in the Superstition Mtns. And on top of that- the so called "mine" was supposedly in one very specific area of the Supertition  Mtns - by todays or yesterdays defination.

Steve

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4433.html#msg4433

« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:59:10 pm by Goldfinger »
Offline djui5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

263.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

my eyes
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 01:12:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I beg to differ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4477.html#msg4477

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 06:30:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

We will have to agree to disagree. Grin Grin Grin

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4487.html#msg4487

Offline cptbild
Bronze Member

Jeep n' Bugs
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

796.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

three of them
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 10:22:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Why is it that Mr. Goldfinger, after making a "Public Statement" !
" If you can produce a report...I'll buy the fact

Quote:Posted by Goldfinger

If you can produce a single report from the USGS or a reputable mining company that talks about an economically viable deposit of gold in the Superstition Mtns- perhaps I'll buy the fact there could be a Lost Dutchmans Mine.

Until then-
" !

Now! Off Handedly, says "Regradless" !
When I offer to present him with, Factual Evidence ?
Not!
The kind of Open Minded Person I thought that he was !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4525.html#msg4525

Cptbil n' Bugs

Cptbil n' Bugs

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 11:02:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you call 1 chance in a 1000 "keeping an open mind" so be it The problem with the Lost Dutchman Mine story is that so much of the original story is based on exaggeration that it's spewed and grown into a treasure of epic proportions. You're talking about something that started back in the late 19th century and has grown in leaps and bounds since- all without any evidence.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4528.html#msg4528

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 12:46:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

For what it is worth, I was shown 2 old mines in the Superstition mountains not too far from  Apache Junction, as well as  the obvious remenants of an Astara ( ?spelling) I  also found specks of Gold  that had collected in small  crevices filled with water, along the face of some cliffs.

Geologist told me the same thing. Volcanic plug is not conducive to Gold bearing geology.  But, that doesn't explain any  logic for Gold ore mined at the base of the Superstion, and  transported up a rugged mountain to be crushed by astara's on the mountain. Nor, does it explain where the Peralta miners  were bringing  the donkey loads of Gold from when the were killed by the apaches at what is now known as the massacre grounds.

Nor does the Geologist explanation cover the many "Chiminey's" of Gold found in other states as a result of ancient volcanic activity?

Personally, I think the Lost Duchman Legend is totally insiginificant to the tons of Gold, mined and smelted by Mexican miners, and still remains stored inthe Superstitions.  Add to that, the possibility of Treasure from Spain, being entrusted  to Peralta, by King Ferdinand VII, being deposited in the Superstitions. Treasures stored there by the Jesuits, and Aztec treasure.

Granted, it appears that much of the Spanish mining took place around the base of the Superstitions. The Apaches, showed me where some of those mines were, and explained how their women and children filled in the mines with Rocks and dirt, brush was dragged by horses, and new vegetation was planted to hide all trace of the White man's quest for Gold.

If you are looking  for the easier troves of smelted Gold, I would suggest you follow the trail across the desert from the Superstitions, to Mexico.

Although it is not Spanish related, I think you will find several tons of Smelted Silver at the SW corner of Florence Junction, extending  South and South West, from the private airstrip.  It's on State property, so permitting is required to enter the property carrying any type of metal locating equipment or suffer strong penalities. However, It's easy to obtain a permit to fish, or hunt, and enter the property. Just don't get caught with a metal detector, or other Treasure hunting devices.

Good luck to all!     Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4531.html#msg4531

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 02:05:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

there's gold in them there hills! Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4537.html#msg4537

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline djui5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

263.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

my eyes
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 02:53:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Who ever said anything was exgarrated? The mine description is the same as it always was, "Rich enough to make a lot of us millionairs". "The richest deposit of gold I've ever seen".

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4539.html#msg4539

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The problem with a lot of these so called treasure stories like the Lost Dutchman - Beale Cypher and many others is the fact that most of of the stories were started and embellished by a single person years after the fact.

Another thing to keep in mind about these "lost mines" is they could have been found much later- mined and no one would have known it was a famous lost mine. When they first discovered an outcropping and it later grew into a legend- no one put a sign over it like"Lost Breyfogle Mine" or "Lost Dutchman Mine". It's concievable many of these mines were fact later on mined without knowing it was the source of a legend.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4547.html#msg4547

Offline djui5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

263.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

my eyes
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 06:23:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, that is true in many many cases, but not in this case. Although people have been lying about clues, etc for years, the gold ramains the same. No-one really knows how great the mine is, other than reports of it being the richest mine Waltz had ever seen. There have been some conflicting reports on exactly what type of ore it is, as I've heard Rose Quartz, "like stars in the night sky", wire gold, chimney deposit, etc, the theme remains the same, it's an insanely rich deposit.

Not only is there the Dutchmans story, but many other in the same area have found gold, and also the reports of the Spanish mining the area (see the Massacre Story). So it's not just a single lost mine you see, or a single report of gold, but many many sources.

The problem with that is the stories get intertwined sometimes and you wind up with clues to 3 different places being mixed together, leading to a single place.

There is also documented proof that Waltz sold a lot of ore, and sent money to his relatives. Then there's the matchbox ore, and the rest of what was under his bed when he died...

This all started before the Dutchman died you see, he was telling Julia and Rhiney where the mine was, and what was in it before he even died, so it's not like some old miner died up in the mountains and everyone started gossiping. They have words directly from his mouth, which is different than most lost mine stories...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,550.msg4577.html#msg4577

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: